Don't Let Them Grind You Down

When will they learn this loneliness?

Frank POV

I couldn't feel anything, I was numb, and I had received so many hits that even my vision was failing. I could hear Gerard’s yells from the closet, but the chair was still holding tight.

Jeff was too drunk to care about the screams of anger from the closet. I felt my head hit the wall again and felt the all too familiar dizzy feeling.

The closet door suddenly gave way, making a "thump" as it knocked Jeff on the head. Gerard scrambled out, took one disgusted look at the unconscious Jeff on the floor and then made his was over to me. I tried to get up but everywhere hurt, it burned almost like fire.

"Frankie...oh my God" he whispered

"Gee." I was disappointed with the amount that had come out of my mouth, but it even hurt to talk, and I was suddenly aware that I was slowly losing my grip on reality.

"Come on, we need to get you to a hospital"

"No!" I yelled finding my voice; Gerard seemed taken aback by my outburst

"I can't, no not the hospital, please Gee?"

"But Frank... you're badly hurt"

"I'm alright, please..."

Gerard sighed and looked like he was considering our position.

"Well okay, if you insist, but I'm getting you out of here" he said, sparing a glance at Jeff

I was too tired to argue and just pleased that I wasn't going to the hospital so I nodded in agreement.

I watched as Gerard grabbed a large rucksack and started packing clothes.

"Pansy?" he asked nodding towards my guitar.

"Yeah, I'll pack her" I said getting up slowly

"No you just stay there, your hurt"

"I'm fine"

I grabbed Pansy's neck and carefully placed her in her case. Just as I zipped it up I felt ill, really ill. The last thing I heard was Gerard's yells as I fell into the world of darkness.