Don't Let Them Grind You Down

I can't light no more of your darkness

Gerard POV

There was an awkward silence filling the room.

Frank was still lying on the bed but there where now 3 Chair's next to the bed. Ray was sitting on one, his eyes scanning Frank's face.

Mikey was sitting on the floor, his knees tucked up to his chest, as he stared at the carpet. He was deep in thought, we all where.

Bob was on the chair next to me, I could tell he was running through what I had just finished telling them.

"I..I can't believe it." whispered Mikey softly, his gaze not moving from the faded green carpet.

Nobody answered, they didn't have to.

I took in all the sorrow filled eyes. It wasn't meant to be like this. We where supposed to be in the garage practicing, or sitting in Mikey's bedroom playing video games, arguing about which X Men Character was cooler.

I felt my eye's fill with tears and I let them fall.

Frank POV

Darkness. It surrounded me and I couldn't do anything.

I tried running, but the black inky substance seemed to close in on me with every step. My heart was pumping so hard it hurt. Suddenly a manic laughter filled my ears.

Spinning round I came face to face with Jeff.

"Why hello... Son" He smirked

"Your not my fucking father!" I snarled, my fists clenched

"Few weeks and I'll be your STEP Dad... Close enough."

"No! No shut up you liar!"

"Oooh you wish. Few weeks’ I'll be moving in and all. No escape then." he laughed

The laughter grew louder and louder. I fell to my knees and put my hands to my ears, trying to block the horrible sound.

"No! No! NOOOO!" I yelled

He just carried on laughing and I screwed my eyes shut but his ugly face was stuck in my vision.

"Leave me alone! I didn't do anything wrong!"

"Oh such a naughty boy, I'll have to punish you for that!" He said, taking of his belt.

I stood up, attempting to run but the black substance held me down. The metal came thrashing down on my back and I screamed.

Again and again I felt the metal across my flesh.

Suddenly a ray of light fell on my face. Jeff looked annoyed.

"Well is goodbye for now... But I'll always be here. Waiting for you, as soon as you close your fucking eyes!"

"Frank! Frankie, come back to us man! C'mon!" a voice came from the same direction that the light had come from.

I looked back to Jeff and saw that he was fading.

The voice came again.

"C'mon Frank, wake up, it's just a dream!"

That voice... GERARD!

"Gee!"

"Gerard" I screamed again as the dark liquid embraced my skin and started to pull me towards the dark and Jeff.

"It's okay, I'm here!" Suddenly a bright light and the air was knocked back into my lungs. I sobbed and I found myself wrapped in someone's arms.

I inhaled and smelt the familiar smell... Gerard.

"Shh it's okay, it was just a nightmare, your okay Frankie. I got you" Whispered Gerard into my ear.