Don't Let Them Grind You Down

All my pictures seem to fade to black and white

Gerard POV

We where taking it in shifts to watch Frankie. It was Ray's turn and he was upstairs, the rest of us where sitting downstairs in silence. I was biting my nails and tapping my foot nervously when I heard a crash and yelling from upstairs.

I sprinted up the stairs and towards the bedroom. Ray was there trying to hold Frank and it looked like Frank was awake, but on closer inspection I saw he was still alseep.

I couls hear the others running up the stairs but I stepped into the room, Ray moved over giving me room to get to the distressed Frankie.

"Frankie?" He contuinued thrashing about and yelling.

"He's having a nightmare, we need to wake him up" I stated to the others who had just arrived and where now standing by the open door.

I grabbed Frank's arms and attemped to wake him up by shaking him, it did nothing.

He started sobbing and yelling my name so I decided to try and talk to him.

"Frank! Frankie, come back to us man! C'mon!"

He seemed to hear me and he stopped thrashing as much.

The tears where rolling down his face and started whispering.

"No Jeff. Leave me alone" I felt rage burn through my body as I remembered the reason for this nighmare.

"C'mon Frank, wake up, it's just a dream!" I tried again.

His face shone with recognition and he whimpered, "Gee?"

Then he yelled again "Gerard!"

I pulled him into a tight embrace and spoke softly into his ear,

"It's okay, I'm here!"

I sensed that Frank had woken up and he started sobbing into my T-shirt. The guys watched from the door and then Mikey motioned that they leave. They agreed and then left, leaving me and Frankie alone.

I rubbed his back and whispered again,

"Shh it's okay, it was just a nightmare, your okay Frankie. I got you"

Frank nodded and whimpered something about Jeff.

"I'm not going to let anybody hurt you, okay?"

I was telling the truth and I ment it. I was never gunna let anybody hurt this wonderful person again.