Don't Let Them Grind You Down

Too late to stop myself from falling

Gerard POV

"What the hell are you doing here?" I spat, as I looked Jeff's ugly figure up and down.

"I've come to reclaim what belongs to me" He sniggered and attempted to move inside the house.

I pushed him back with both of my hands and he looked startled.

"Frankie, doesn't belong to anybody and I'm not letting a sick bastard like you hurt him." I stated boldly.

Jeff smirked and leaned in towards me so that I could feel his breath and smell the faint odor of alcohol.

"Have you ever felt it? The satisfaction of hearing the whore cry out as his flesh connects with your fist? Have you heard his sobs, deep into the night? Felt the power of his fear? If you had, then you wouldn't call it a sin to hurt the 'lil fucker."

With an outraged yell I punched Jeff straight in the face. I felt ill as I saw him grin and wipe blood away from his now bleeding nose.

Time seemed to slow down as I dived onto the waste of human in front of me, making us both fall to the cold concrete. I threw punch after punch, not even stopping when I hear the hallway door open and the yells of my friends.

I carried on launching attacks after Ray and Bob joined in, all three of us working as a team to try and stop Jeff's disgusting laughs, insults and sick smirk.

Occasionally one of Jeff's punches would hit its target. Bob was now sporting a black eye while my nose was bleeding. But the pain was nothing. No, as long as we got revenge on the monster, which got pleasure from Frank's pain.

Sirens filled my ears and flashing lights bounced around the street. Bob and Ray pulled back, but I couldn't. Jeff was still awake, he wasn't grinning anymore but damn he still looked smug.

I heard the yells of my brother. Felt Bob and Ray trying to pull me off the beaten man, but I continued with my frenzied attacks.

Two arms, stronger than Bob or Ray, ripped me off Jeff and pulled me to my feet. I finally tore my eyes of the bloody pulp and brought them up to look at the stern looking police officer.

I turned to look back at the doorway. It wasn't hard to spot Frank, Mikey had is arm over his shaking form and Frank was clutching onto my brother as if his life depended on it. He had tears running down his face from his bloodshot eyes.

I ignored all dialogue that came from the officer’s mouth and just concentrated on getting a message to my friends.

I looked deep into Frank's eye's and I knew that he wasn't angry with me... he just looked scared. I felt guilty for making him witness that, but I didn't regret doing it.

As I was lead off to a police car, I looked one last time at my family of friends. As I was pushed into the back of the car, Frank mouthed one thing to me that made my heart swell.

"Thank You."