Don't Let Them Grind You Down

Don't let the sun go down on me

Frank’s raw hands, now without their bonds shook as he held the cell to his ear. It had been a spark of inspiration on his behalf thinking that his battered old phone may have been left in his back pocket, and being able to wriggle out of the rope was a stroke of luck but to have signal as well? Well that was just lady luck’s pity.

With every second that ticked by Frank felt sicker. Jeff would be back any second and as the monotone ringing echoing around his head he felt the sweat gather on his forehead and the butterflies in his stomach turn into a stampede of rhinos.

Finally someone picked up and their rough voice cracked through the speaker.

Recognizing it within a split second Frank felt joy surge up through his body.

”G..Gee?” he stuttered and was momentarily shocked when his name was shouted back at him, until he realized he was on loud speaker.

”Frankie…are you okay? Did that dickhead hurt you?” growled Bob and Frank couldn’t help but smile sadly.

”I’m… well I’ve been better…I just wanna go home” The last line came out as a whimper and Frank had to compose himself before he broke down.

”We’re coming Frankie, we’re coming. Do you have any idea where you are?” Mikey’s reassuring voice floated through the phone.

Frank desperately looked around the room, his eyes being drawn towards the window view. He looked over the busy lit road and desperately tried to stay calm.

”I…I’m still in Jersey…just…I can see a sign for Newport Centre Mall.” Frank rushed through the receiver.

Before he could say anything else the door of the room slammed open and Jeff stood there with his face turning slowly purple. Frank let out a squeak and Jeff growled at him. Ignoring the buzzing coming from the phone Frank looked around for his escape choices. None.

The cell was ripped from his hand and Frank could only watch in horror as Jeff’s muddy boots slammed down on it.

”You little bastard” whispered Jeff in a voice which chilled Frank to the bone.

”Time you learn your fucking lesson.”

As Jeff advanced Frank pressed himself up against the rotting wall and quivered in fear.

With each step that Jeff took, Frank made another wish.

Please let them find me.
Please let them help me.
Please let them save me.


-SMACK-

Please…just please.