Don't Let Them Grind You Down

I'm just another fragment of your life

The room had a stench of blood that was penetrating Frank's pain filled lungs. The bitter taste in his mouth made him cringe as he lay sprawled out on the stained carpet.

Abandoned, he was limited in movement due to the agony is body was in, so Frank was left to lay there alone, with no sounds other than his jagged breathing to keep him company.

After beating Frank's body to a bloody pulp, Jeff had left to get some more alcohol. Bad news for Frank.

Frank felt his body begin to give out, his breathing steadying, and with one last look of the room, lit by a faint orange glow of a streetlight, he lost his touch on reality.

Meanwhile, a few streets over, Jeff was arguing with a store clerk of a liquor store, and payed no attention to the old car that sped down the outside deserted street.

It was ironic that Gerard, Mike, Bob and Ray had just passed their sworn enemy, without any knowledge of it.

In fact they would never find out, that if they had just glanced through the dusty window of that store, they may have been able to change the outcome of events to come.

Finally the reached the place they where looking for, and soon they made they're way up to the front desk.

A television could be heard in the back yet nobody was in sight. Ray reached forward and rang the greasy bell.

A fat guy appeared from the back room with a cigarette hanging from his mouth loosely, the dull glow lighting up his stubble on his double chin.

"Yeah?" He growled

"Ugh I'm wondering if you can help us... we're looking for someone, goes by the name of Jeff?" Ray took charge

"So?"

"Do you know if he's here? He may have had a kid with him..."

"Maybe... it's gunna cost yuh"

In that moment Gerard lost it. He leaned over the desk and grabbed the grubby shirt of the man.

"Listen buddy, you're gunna tell me where the fuck the bastard is, and I'm not gunna hospitalize you okay?" he snarled

The man put his hands up and reached for a key.

"Second floor, room 26" he gasped and Gerard immediately let go, grabbed the key and began towards the staircase.

The four boys made their way rapidly up the rusty stairs which creaked from all of their weight being on it at once.

They found the room, and Gerard winced at the scratch marks on the wooden door.

He placed his hand on the door and bowed his head.

A warm hand found it's way onto Gerard's back and he turned his head slightly.

Mikey stood there with a small smile on his face, with Bob and Ray on either side.

This was is it. It was time to discover the outcome.
"I'm coming Frankie" whispered Gerard as he dug the metal key into the lock.
♠ ♠ ♠
I can sense the end approaching...

Feedback is welcomed