Don't Let Them Grind You Down

Come to your brother - Thou shall not die

Frank POV

You ever get that feeling, when you first wake up, where you can't remember anything, where you are, what happened yesterday or what you were doing?

In my world, it's bliss. The few sweet moments where I'm actually happy, then the events that happened before I fell away from the land of the living will all come rushing back into my head, making me groan.

I could feel the bruising around my neck from last night before I actually moved. I pushed myself up off my pathetic position on the floor and made my way to the bathroom.

After washing and putting on clothes I decided to ring Gerard. As I walked out of my room again I could hear the low buzz of talking downstairs, Jeff's voice standing out.

I hate him so much. The violence was nothing new. To start with it was just little slaps or hits, every so often, but lately.... it's been getting worse.

I don't think I'm abused or anything... it's perfectly normal, right? The thing is, I've never gotten the courage to ask anyone whether it happens to them or not. I'm not stupid but... well it just seems not right, yuh know? Pfft there I go again, making a big deal out of nothing.

The bruises where bad, I checked in the mirror this morning. They're not the worse I've had, no, the worst are when he's drunk, really drunk. I've never told anyone, cause it's normal... it is normal!

My brain always has an argument... but I KNOW that it's normal, cause I don't get abused, no, that happens to people in movies and books. Not to me. But no matter how much I tell myself that, there is always a nagging in my mind that says... never mind, forget it. Just shut up Frank.

I pick up the cell phone that I carelessly left on a table in the hall and walk back to my room. Ringing the familiar digits I hear his voice answer and I start talking.

Gerard’s POV

"Mikey give me the phone!" I yelled as my brother jumped on the bed with my ringing cell in hand.

Mikey simply stuck his tongue out and carried on jumping. I tackled him and he yelled, I managed to grab the cell and answer it as Mikey started yelling curses at me.

"Hello" I said, sticking my finger up to Mikey

"Uuh...Hey Gee," shit it was Frank; I hope he's not mad at me still.

"Um. Hey Frankie"

"Listen, I'm sorry I freaked out on you yesterday... I just, guess...I. well. I'm sorry anyway, and if" He rushed out but I interrupted him

"Nah, it's okay Franks, I should be the one saying sorry, and I didn't mean to have a go. I was just worried." and to be honest I still was worried.

I heard a sigh of relief before Frank spoke again.

"Okay, cool, so were good then?" he asked

"Hell, yeah! Movie tonight?"

"You know it!" he laughed and I could picture his grin that I was certain he had stuck on his face.

We said our goodbyes and hung up. Truth was though I was still worried about him, but I made a mental note to lay off the questions for a while.

Now... What movie shall we watch?