Don't Let Them Grind You Down

Unchain me, sister - Thou shall not fear

Frank POV

After making sure that the bruises and marks where out of sight I set off towards Mikey and Gerard’s house.

It was unusually quiet night and I didn't see a single person on the way there. The Way's house came into view and I ran up and rang the doorbell. Gerard answered, holding a glass of juice.

He grinned and let me in.

"Fraaaaaankie!" he said, putting down his drink and jumping on me. I burst out laughing and tried to pry myself away from him.

"Dude you crazy mo fo, get off!"

He giggled, yes Gerard Way giggled, and then stood up, brushed himself off and picked up his drink again.

"And that was...?" I asked standing up

"My way of saying hello" Gerard answered
"Okay... and you’re sure you didn't hit your head?"

"Mhmm" he said as he drank the remains in the glass.

I shook my head and then watched him put the glass back in the kitchen.

"So what film we watching tonight?" I asked curiously

He shrugged

"Couldn’t decide,” he said from the kitchen

"What are our options?" I asked walking behind him

"Uuh Nightmare before Christmas?"

"We watched that last week"

"Lost Boys?"

"We left it up Ray's"

"Damn... uuh Donnie Darko?"

"Hell Yeah!" I grinned; Donnie Darko was one of my all time favorites

"Alright Mr. Bunny, Donnie it is" he laughed and patted my head

Gerard POV

I watched him run to the shelf where all the films where. His eye's scanned and then his face lit up as he pulled out the film.

He seemed fine today, and I couldn't help but laugh when he tripped over on his way to the TV.

I went upstairs to grab some pillows, blankets ECT... I walked into my room, and realized I had left the window open, it was fucking freezing!

Pulling the window shut I almost fell over but caught my balance on my chest of drawers, I knocked all my stuff off though.

"Aww man..."

Bending down to pick up the stuff I noticed in the objects on the floor a picture. It was of Mikey and Frank, from a winter, years ago. Mikey's face was squashed in a hood of this coat that Mom had made him wear and his face was bright red from the cold. Frank had a snowball in his hand and the mischievous grin on his face showed exactly what he was planning to do to the person taking the picture, and if I remembered correctly it was me...

After the flash went off I ended up with a mouth full of snow. I smiled at the memory of chasing a laughing Frank around the garden.

"Yo Gee, it's starting!"

I spun around and realized I'd been standing in my bedroom staring at a picture instead of grabbing what I originally came up to get.

Running downstairs with the most comfortable blankets in the house, I could hear the film starting.

Frank helped me set them out and then we were watching the film, warm and snug.

As the credits flashed on the screen I looked across at the sleeping form of Frank. It was dark apart from the TV but I couldn't be assed to switch on the lights, in case it woke up Frank.

I needn't have worried though because Mikey came home and switched them on, making me hiss as my eyes burned from the sudden brightness.

"Oops Sorry Gee, didn't see you guys there,” he whispered as he looked at Frank, who hadn't woken up.

"No problem” I yawned as Mikey ran upstairs, leaving the lights on. Pfft who says sorry for turning them on and then LEAVES them on when they leave???

I stretched and sat up. Looking around the room I saw the clock " 11:52PM

"Shit since when was it that late?" I whispered to the empty room. I felt the blankets move and looked at Frank. He was still asleep but he was frowning and his fists were clenched.

"Frankie?" I asked as he violently moved in his sleep. I heard you shouldn't touch people if their having a nightmare so I decided not to.

He whimpered and put his hands up to his face, as though protecting himself.

"Please...please, don't hurt me" he whispered so quietly that I barely heard him

"Frankie, wake up"

He was crying now, I couldn't stand it. I put my arms around him

"Frankie? Shh Come on Frank." I said shaking him awake

His eye's opened and they where full of terror and panic

"Gee?" he asked as his eye's got used to the lights

"Yeah, it's me, I'm here"

He nodded and I hugged him tight

"Bad dream?" I asked, even though it was a stupid question

He broke the embrace and nodded.

"Or flashback" he muttered and then his eye's went wide

"What? Flashback of what? Who hurt you?" I asked as his face scrunched up and he rammed his eyes shut.

What had happened to Frank?