Don't Let Them Grind You Down

Blue masquerade, strangers look on

Gerard POV

"Uuh, just a couple of weeks back, the jocks, its no big deal"

"But Frankie you where crying!" I pointed out, not believing what he had just said. I knew he has trouble with bullies but somehow I knew this was bigger than he was letting on.

He shrugged. "I.It was scary... I guess"

I nodded slowly, trying to decide what to do.

"Look Gee, forget about it kay?" he smiled; flashing a grin we both knew was forced.

I figured I should just let it go, if he doesn't want to talk about it then he's not going to.

The Next Morning

Me and Frank where sitting on the couch watching TV, Mikey had gone out and we had the place to ourselves. We had been watching cartoons for hours when Frank stood up, stretched and yawned.

"What are we doing today?" he asked

"Uuh, well whatever, we could go annoy Ray? Get my films I lent him back,” I suggested

Frank yawned again and nodded

"Cool, I'm gunna need to drop my stuff off at my house first though... is that okay?"

"Sure" I smiled and began the hunt for some footwear of some sort. Spotting my Converse sticking out from under the couch I smiled triumphantly.

The walk to Franks was awkward, he didn't talk much and was acting nervous, my mind however kept flicking back to last night... he was so scared when he woke up!

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't realize we were outside Frank's house and I almost carried on walking.

"There's nobody in,” grinned Frank, digging in his pockets for his key.

Once inside we headed straight for his bedroom, I stared at the many posters scattered around the walls.

Pansy was sitting in her stand under a Misfits poster, around it where lyrics written in Frank's writing and loads of Tabs.

There was aloud bang of the door downstairs opening, Frank's head shot up.

"FRANK!" His Moms boyfriend yelled, I think his name is Jeff or something.

"Shit...” he whispered

"Frankie?"

"Uuh listen Gee, you need to umm, Gee, get in there okay?" He said worried pointing to his closet

"What the hell, why?" I asked, the footsteps getting louder

"Just do it okay? And NO matter what you see DO NOT come out okay!" he said, quickly pushing me into the closet and biting his lip.

I had no idea what the hell was going on but I could guess, it all fit, and if Jeff laid one hand on Frankie I swear to God...

The next thing I know I'm sitting amongst Frank's clothes trying to open the door, which Frank has pushed a chair against.

"I'm so sorry Gerard, just promise me you wont make a sound?" he whispered through the door

"Frankie let me..."

"Gee please?" he begged

"Fine, but if your in danger then I'm kicking this fucking door down"

He didn't seem happy with the answer and out of the little hole in the door in saw him open his mouth to argue but his bedroom door slammed open.

There was Jeff, at least I think that's his name; I've only ever seen him a few times. But he looked totally drunk; his eye's where red and he had big bags under them. His fists where clenched and he was breathing deeply.

He took one step into the room and I knew... this was gunna be bad, real bad.