Sequel: You're The Only One

Don't Hold Your Breath

Cuz You Haven't Learned A God dammed Thing.

My mouth hung open in shock after the news I just received. I wasn't exactly able to process words at the moment. 

Saporta? In love with William?!

Finally when i was able to form words correctly,

"Woah woah, wait. Back up. You're telling me that your... You are.... You-"

He sighed. "To be honest, I don't know. He's the only person I've ever loved in that way. Male or female." He explained. 

Okay. So Saporta was gay... Or bi.... Or whatever. But what could Pete have done to chase him out of the school? I've seen him do some pretty nasty things to people, and it's never gotten so bad that it pretty much ruined someones life. 

"Gabe, what exactly did he do to you? What could he have done that made you want to leave?"

He looked up at me now. Nervousness apparent on his face. 

"Well you see, Pete new about my little crush. Even though there was nothing little about it." he mumbled the last part. "But being my best friend and all, he didn't tell anyone. But when it came time to choose sides.... Pete was furious. Especially with me. And he, well.... He pretty much made an announcement to the entire sudden body that I was 'in love' with Will. Then imagine what Pete did to you and all of your friends times one hundred." he nearly winced at that last part. It must have been bad. 

"W-What about William? What did he think about all this?" 

"I didn't stick around to find out." 

For some reason, I was having a hard time believing him. I felt like this was some sort of prank, to gain my trust then humiliate me or whatever. But would he really have to come all the way to Alabama to do that?

"You don't believe me." he sighed. 

"It just doesn't make sense. This whole splitting sides thing, You and Blivy. Even the Pete bullying thing. Wouldn't Brendon have told me about this?" I thought aloud.

"Brendon? Well he probably didn't know. From what I heard, no ones seen him for the last few days." 

What? No. I just talked to him yesterday. That's not possible. He said he was at school...

"W-what? No. I just talked to him y-yesterday.  He said he had to go because he w-was at school." I muttered. Gabe didn't say anything. He just looked at me weird. Before I even had a chance to ask, Kaela held out her phone to me nonchalantly. I grabbed it and raced off to the nearest bathroom. 

I quickly dialed his number, and it rang maybe three times before he answered. 

"Hello?" he answered. 

I thought Id just come right out and ask him. It'd take forever to explain. 

"Bren-"

"Hey babe what's up?"
Why was he acting like this? Lying to me?

"Bren, I'm just going to cut to the chase. Why haven't you been going to school?"

"I-um. How did you- I mean...."

"Bren, why did you lie to me?" 

"I-I....." he sighed. "I had to Ry." he voice became dull. 

"But why? I mean where were you if you weren't at school?"

"Ry, I can't tell you. I- just don't worry about me."

"Brendon! I'm going to worry twice as much if you don't tell me now! I need to know you're okay!" 

"Ryan....." he trailed off. 

"Brendon please....." I begged. He was scaring the hell out of me.

He sighed. "Fine. But promise you won't freak out and blow things out of proportion."

"I promise." Okay, that was a lie. I don't know if I could keep this promise. 

   
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, I feel evil.

1) Because I left you with a nasty cliff hanger.

2)Because it's so short.

Hehe....