Sequel: You're The Only One

Don't Hold Your Breath

Take My Hand And My Whole Life Too

He sighed. "Fine. But promise you won't freak out and blow things out of proportion."

"I promise." Okay, that was a lie. I don't know if I could keep this promise.

"I-I was in the hospital." he mumbled. 

I froze. It took me a minute to gather my thoughts and form them into words.

"B-Bren...I-....Why the hell were you in the hospital!!" I nearly screamed into the phone. 

"See I knew you would freak out." he mumbled. 

"Brendon, how could I not?" I then realized he was probably trying to change the subject. "You didn't answer my question. Why were you in the hospital?"

He hesitated before finally giving in. "Ryan, if I tell you, you have to promise you won't tell anyone. And I mean it."

"Brendon, I promise. Now tell me already." I was getting extremely anxious. Wouldn't you?

"Well it started with my mom loosing her job."

Loosing her job? I thought she got promoted?

"And well, we are behind on all our bills. I needed something to do for money. If we can't pay our bills, then there's no way I can visit you."

Hearing this my mind jumped to every possible worst conclusion. The worst being....

"Brendon, please tell me your not selling yourself." I nearly whispered into the phone. I felt tears welling up in my eyes. 

"What?! No! I would never stoop that low." Relief washed over my body. The shock and disgust in his voice told me he wasn't lying. 

"Then-"

"Let me finish." He ordered. I shut my lips anxious to hear his story. 

"I wasn't selling myself.... But I was selling something more...." he hesitated again. I could tell this was hard on him. "Drugs. I was selling drugs." he finally put bluntly.

This shocked me as well. My mind started picturing everything that could go wrong with that situation.   

"B-Brendon! You can't d-" 

"Do you want to know how I ended up in the hospital or not?" he cut me off. Probably not wanting to hear my two cent lecture. 

I shut my lips again, allowing him to continue. 

"I went to this party. I was going to meet this guy and do an exchange. I was there with Vicky. I wasn't able to sneak off with out her getting a few drinks in me. She was of course drunk at the time. 
Well anyways, when it came time to meet the guy, I was pretty drunk. And I don't remember too much, but I did or said something to piss this guy off, because he beat the crap out of me. He had a knife and everything.... I remember blacking out and everything. It's a good thing he made off with the goods before the cops came. Otherwise I may have been caught. But the next thing I knew I woke up in the hospital. Vicky told me everything that happened, aside from the drugs thing. None of them know. Hopefully. "

"Bren...does your mom know?" 

"No of course not. Although she does keep wondering why money keeps showing up in the bank account." 

I wondered what good my lecture would do. He really did need the money. 

But I couldn't stand it if he got caught and I lost
Him again. 

"Brendon...."

"Look Ryan," he cut me off. "I know what you're going to say. But I need to do this. For you and my mother. And for me." 
   
"Brendon. Please. Just think about it. What happens if you get caught? I would die if I lost you again. Please. Just please." I begged. There was a pause. 

"But what about my mom? We can't pay the bills with out money." he argued. 

"Then find a job. A legal one. Just something temporary until your mom can get back on her feet. I'm begging you. You've already ended up in the hospital because of this.  It could get a lot worse." I continued begging. 

There was another pause. Then he sighed. 

"Ill think about it." 

This was enough for me. At least I talked him Ito thinking about it. I still don't know if I'll be able to sleep at night until I get a sure yes. 

"Thank you Brendon." just then the bell rang, telling me lunch is over. Which means I had to say good bye. 

"That's the bell" I sighed. "Brendon, I love you. Be safe please." 

"Don't worry. I'll be fine. I love you too. I'll call you tonight. Or you call me. Whichever." 

"Mkay. Bye." I hung up the phone and headed back to the cafeteria in hope to find Kaelaand Gabe.

They were still at the table where I left them. They gave me questioning looks and I just shrugged. I know I was going to have to at least explain to Kaela later. Or make something up. I couldn't tell her. At least not with out Brendon's approval. 
♠ ♠ ♠
TEN STARS!!!!!! YAY I LOVE YOU ALL THAT HAVE COMMENTED AND SUBSCRIBED!!!! :D

Yeah I know it's really short, but I thought leaving you with that nasty cliff hanger for too long would be mean.

I promise the next one will be longerish.

My original intention was to have Brendon be in the hospital because he cut himself, but when it came time to write it I decided it was too predictable and cliche..... So he sells drugs instead! yeah......