Sequel: You're The Only One

Don't Hold Your Breath

I've Been Tracing Your Steps

I walked into the living room and stopped dead in my tracks. There was a strange woman sitting on the couch. Well not strange, but unrecognized. She was wearing a black knee length pencil skirt, and a white top with a black blazer. She had shoulder length dark brown hair that was half up. She looked to be in her mid thirties, and looked slightly uneasy. 

"Ryan, this is Karen." My aunt introduced us. "Karen, this is Ryan." I probably didn't look very welcoming. I had my arms crossed, my lips persed, and I gave my aunt a "who the hell is this?" look when she introduced us. No wonder this woman looked uneasy.

"Ryan," my aunt sighed. "This is your mother." 

I dropped my arms and let out a gasp. "W-what? No t-that's impossible." I mumbled. No. There was just no way. I spent the last three months stranded here because my mother was dead. Who the hell is this woman?

"Ill give you two some time to catch up." My aunt said before leaving the room. I stood in the same spot and recrosses my arms, giving her a subtle glare. 

"Who are you?" I asked bitterly. 

"Ryan right?" She questioned and I nodded. "My name's Karen. I'm you're mother." 

"No. That's impossible. My mothers name was Sarah Ross. She died ten years ago."  I said solemnly. 

"Look, Ryan, I have some explaining to do." I didn't budge but I raised my eyebrow letting her know I was ready to hear it. "Sarah…she wasn't you're mother. Not you're real mother at least."

Oh that's great. That's just fucking dandy. I was adopted. I guess no one wanted me. My biological mother handed me off to a screwed up family where the dad murdered his wife then spent the last ten years drunk and beating me half to death. 

I laughed humorlessly in response to her statement. "That's just great. So no one wanted me! They just keep handing me off to get rid of me and that's why I ended up here." I grumbled. 

"No Ryan it's not like that." 

"What are you doing here anyways. Come to make my life worse? Because that's not gunna happen. I've hit rock bottom." I rambled on. She looked annoyed. 

"Let me explain-" 

"I don't need to hear any of your fucking excuses!" I exclaimed. I've known this woman for seven minutes and I already can't stand her. 

"Ryan! Just shut your god damn mouth and let me speak!" She shouted at me. It surprised me so I didn't say a word. 

She took a deep breath and continued. "When I was sixteen, I got pregnant. When my boyfriend found out he bailed on me. Leaving me alone with a baby. I wanted to keep you, truly I did. But my family was poor. We could barely afford to feed ourselves. Much less a baby. But I was determined to keep you. I tried my hardest to make it through school and raise a child. But I was failing out of all of my classes and it just wasn't working. My mom convinced me that adoption would be the best option. I was heart broken. But I wanted you to live a healthy life. The adoption agency helped us find Sarah and George. They seemed like a nice couple. Sarah was one of the nicest people I've ever met. She wanted a child more then anything but she wasn't able to conceive. You were two months old at the time. When I heard what happened… I couldn't believe it. My first thought went to you. I had to know you had a safe place to stay. I've spent the last few months tracking you down." She finished. 

It took me a minute to register all of this.

"So what are you doing here?" I furrowed my eyebrows. 

"I came to take you back to Nevada. If you want to that is…"

I dropped my arms and my eyes widened. "W-wait, for real?" 

"Yeah." she nodded giving me a small smile. 

Again, I needed a minute to organize my thoughts. 

I was adopted. 

Sarah Ross is not my mother. 

Grace Urie is not my aunt.

Brendon…

Brendon

Oh no. 

He's probably on his way to the airport right now. I have to stop him before he gets on that plane. 

I ran over and sat next to her. 

"Thank you. Thank you so much." I had a smile on my face now. 

I looked at the clock and realized that Brendons plane would be taking off in nearly twenty minutes. 

"Shit." I cussed out loud. 

"What is it?" She questioned. 

"Ill explain on the way." I said hopping up. "We need to get to the airport. Now." 
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow… third update today…

see! I'm not so mean after all!!!

Oh and I added Taylor to the character page. x]