Sequel: You're The Only One

Don't Hold Your Breath

Please Take Me Back

"Brendon! Brendonnnnn! BRENDON URIE!" I searched frantically through the crowded mass of people. The music was blaring, and bodies grinding back and forth made it impossible to cross to the other side of the room. 

I lost my boyfriend.

Again. 

I had also managed to lose everyone else. 

Either that, or they ditched me. 

"BRENDON!" I called out one more time. Though I doubt he could hear me over the music.

Finally I ran into someone I recognized. 

"Kaela! Thank God." She was standing on the side looking very uncomfortable as some guy tried to make a move on her. She saw me and relief washed over her features. 

"Back off ass hole." I said to the guy, pulling her away. He tried to protest, but I sent him a death glare that shut him up. 

"Thank God." We both said at the same time. "Have you seen Brendon?" I yelled over the music. 

"No. Sorry. What about Jon? Have you seen Jon?" she yelled back. 

"Nope. Let's look together." I said linking my arm with hers so I wouldn't lose her in the crowd. 

There were so many people, and so little light, it was nearly impossible to see anything. 

We searched and searched, but all I saw was Pete and his buddies getting high off of some sort of illegal substance, a blob of crazy dancers, and a group of drunk people about to do something stupid.

"Oh shit." Kaela mumbled.

"What is it?" I asked. 

"Um, Brendon doesn't take well to alcohol does he...?"

"What are you... Oh." I stopped when I saw what she saw. 

Brendon was standing on top of a table, going insane with some form of a headbanging air guitar. 

Now, sober Brendon would only do that in front of half as many people, and definitely not to some annoying pop song. 

Ugh. Now I have to deal with a drunk Brendon.

"Shit." I cussed under my breath.  

I can hardly handle him when he's hyped up on caffeine. 

We pushed through the people in front of us, finally reaching the table.

"Brendon!" I yelled trying to get his attention, but he didn't hear me. He was just about to jump into the crowd when I grabbed a hold of his arm and pulled him off the table. 

"Awh, Ryyyyaaannnn. You ruined my fun. I was goin-... Going to crowd s-sur- HI KAELA!!!" 

Oh dear. I was going to have fun with this one tonight. 

"Kaela, will you help me get him into an empty room so I can try and calm him down?" I said grabbing a hold of his other arm. 

"Hi Brendon. Let's get you out of here, hm?" She said linking her arm with his. 

"NOOOOO! I don't w-want to g-go!! M-my peeps love me!!" He protested, blowing air kisses to the half drunk people that were cheering him on in the first place. 

I rolled my eyes and we drug him into the first empty room we could find. (It wasn't fun trying to find either. Lets just say, people don't enjoy being walked in on right when their about to have sex.)Talk about awkward. 

I exhaled a sigh of relief once the door closed, as did Kaela. 

"Come on Brendon, why don't you lay down?" I said pretty much forcing him onto the bed and onto his back. (No not like that. Get your mind out of the gutter. God.)"Try and go to sleep, kay?" 

"Sleep? At a wild, out of control teenage party?" Kaela countered.

"I don't want to go to s-sleep Ry!" He protested in a child voice. I shushed him, stroking his hair to get him to calm down before turning to Kaela.

"Well, I figure maybe if he sleeps, It'll wear off quicker an it'll be easier to take care of him." I explained, remembering how my dad was alwayshungover sober in the morning after he hadpassed out gotten some sleep. 

"Okay, well, I think I'll go try and find Jon. Good luck with... yeah." She said getting ready to exit. 

"Can I have a good-night kiss?" Brendon mumbled. I sighed before reaching over to peck his lips. 

"N-not from you." He mumbled again. "From Kaela." 

Okay... Not too sure what to make of this one. I looked at her and she giggled. 

"Sure Brendon." She said walking over to peck his cheek. He put a content smile on his face before speaking again. "Okay, now from you." He ordered, his eyes still closed. 

I rolled my eyes before kissing his cheek again. 

"Alright well-" Kaela was cut off when the door swung open revealing two people, in the middle of a heated make-out session, obviously unaware that this room was occupied. 

I looked closer, and saw that one of the guys was Spencer. And he was with a... Guy? 

My eyes widened. Woah, didn't know he swung that way. 

I didn't say anything, but I heard Kaela gasp.

I took a closer look and saw that it wasn't just any guy... it was Jon.

They broke apart at the sound of the gasp. Both of their eyes widened with the realization that, yes, Jon cheated on Kaela with Spencer, and they were both about to be castrated. 

But later of course. Because at the moment, everyone was in to much shock to say even a word. 

Except for one person I guess.    

"What the hell?" Leave it to the drunk person to break the silence. I thought he was asleep by now. 

Kaela ran out of that room as fast as humanly possible. Jon tried to follow her but I grabbed onto his arm, stopping him, and closed the door, blocking it with my body. 

Brendon just sat up on the bed looking confused. 

"Jon, what the fucking hell-"

"I-I need to f-find her." He cut me off in a slurred voice. Great. He was drunk. Fucking drunk. And no doubt Spencer was too.

"You're not going fucking anywhere until you explain what the hell is going on." I growled. Although I wasn't sure how far I would get, considering his current state of being. "Brendon? Can you go find Kaela please?" I would worry about sending my drunk out of his mind boyfriend to go find a heart broken Kaela and comfort her later. 

Brendon nodded before stumbling towards the door and exiting the room. I moved out of the way so he could do so, not taking my eyes off Jon. 

He looked honestly frightened. 

"Jon, explain." I demanded. 

"I-I didnn mean to. I-I had some drinks, then I started dancing, the Spencer- I don't know how I ended up here-" He attempted to explain. 

I rolled my eyes and resisted the urge to break his nose, pushing him back, so he stumbled and landed on Spencer. I then stormed out to go and find Brendon and Kaela. 

~*~

I walked out the front door, and found Kaela sitting outside with her face in her hands, probably crying. Brendon was sitting next to her with his arm around her, and his head resting on her shoulders. I looked closer and realized he was sleeping. So now he decides to sleep. 

"Kaela?" I questioned softly. She looked up at me with a tear streaked face, and smeared mascara. "Are you alright?" She didn't answer. She just looked away and wiped the tears from her face. I sat next to her and wrapped my arms around her shoulders, pushing Brendon off slightly. He just fell over the other way, still fast asleep. 

There was a silence as I rubbed reassuring circles on her shoulder. 

"I don't know what to say." I finally spoke. "I'm sorry about what happened. It just doesn't sound like Jon. I mean he was drunk, but still. And I would have bet a million dollars he was strait. Even if he was drunk... and Spencer? It's just-"

"For someone who doesn't know what to say, you sure do have alot to say." She interrupted me, forcing a smile. 

I sighed. "I'm sorry, I'm just not good at handling situations like this." 

"It's alright. I'm just... I don't know."

"Its okay to be upset you know." 

"Yeah I know." She said looking down. A few more tears fell down her face. Soon we were joined by a sober (Thankfully, because no one else seemed to be.) Gabe and William. 

Gabe caught sight of her and his eyes widened. This was the first time either one of us has seen her cry. He knew something had to be wrong. 

"What the hell happened?" He asked. I motioned for him to come forward to i could whisper a summarized version of the story into his ear. 

"That boy is so fucking dead." He growled. He began to walk off in search of him.

"Gabe! Don't do this now. He's drunk... and it's not the best time. Just come over here with us for now. In fact, we should get going." I suggested. I stood up and helped Kaela up, who was still letting the silent tears fall. 

"Can someone help me get Brendon in the car please?" 

~*~

At this point, I was driving, Kaela was asleep in the passenger seat, Gabe and Will were in the back, along with Brendon, who still hasn't woken up. 

Now we were debating on weather or not we should beat the crap out of Jon. 

"So we're going to beat the crap out of him for getting drunk and making a mistake?" I countered Gabe's argument.

"No, we're going to beat the crap out of him for hurting Kaela. I made a promise to her, that if he ever hurt her, I would castrate him."

"Well, Kaela hates violence, and she wouldn't like us beating up her ex." 

"Well we don't have to tell her."

"But-"

"Woah! Whats going on." I looked behind me to see that Brendon had indeed woken up, and was obviously confused. He gripped his head wincing in pain. "Ow, fuck. What happened?"

~*~

Brendon's POV 

What the fuck am I supposed to do? Jon and Spencer have been my best friends since I first moved here. I can't just dump them like that. 

But then again Kaela is a really good friend too. 

It's been days since the incident, and Gabe and Ryan haven't let Jon anywhere near Kaela. 

Sometimes I think they're a little over protective. I mean, I know they're trying to help, but I wouldn't blame Kaela if she exploded from their over protectiveness. 

I was on my way to see Jon now, and try and help him. I talked to him on the phone and he sounded really desperate. He knows he screwed up and he'll do anything to get her back. Ryan wouldn't be too happy with me for siding with Jon, but he'll just have to get over it. This is about Jon and Kaela, not him. 

"Hey, thanks for helping me Bren. It means a lot. No one else will talk to me. Other then Spencer. But things are still kind of awkward…" He greeted me as I sat down on his couch. 

"Why did you do it?" I asked, deciding to get straight to the point. 

"I- uh." It took him a minute to gather his thoughts. "Well, I don't know really. Both Spencer and I were drunk out of our minds, then we started dancing, and it just gradually led to... Well, you know. I don't even know how it happened or why I didn't stop. I mean I'm not gay. I'm sure of it. And neither is he." He explained solemnly.

"I screwed up. I really like her. Really like her. In fact, I know it hasn't been that long, but I think I may even love her." He almost whispered that last part. 

I didn't like seeing him like this. He was really upset. The last conversation they had was a couple days ago when he tried to explain, and she said she didn't know if she could trust him. But before she could finish, Gabe appeared at the door and scared him off. 

Jon was a mess. And if he didn't get her back soon, he'd end up prescribed to Benzedrine.

"Well, I'm going to help you get her back. And things will work out just fine." I assured him. He looked up at me and forced a smile. 

"Thanks Bren. It means a lot." 

"Hey, that's what best friends are for." I added. I didn't realize until after I said it how incredibly cheesey and clichè that sounded.  

"Do you have any ideas?" He asked. 

"As a matter of fact I do. It's a little clichè, but knowing Kaela, I'm pretty sure it will work." 

~*~

Kaela's POV

I sat in my "room" listening to my iPod, zoning out.  Brendon, Ryan, and William would be coming over shortly for a sleep over. I was thankful for that. For the last couple days, Gabe and Ryan have been insane. They wouldn't let me talk to Jon, or even Spencer. It's gotten to the point where I felt like a little kid that's been grounded by their parents. Brendon and Bilvy seemed to be the only sane ones around here. 

I know they mean well, but I don't understand why they're so overly protective. I know their my friends and all... But they're being ridiculous. 

As a matter if fact, --and they'll probably hate this.-- I think there is a possibility I might forgive him. But he has to do something to prove to me that he really is worth it. 

Sure I was upset at first. Hell, I cried myself to sleep. Even if I do forgive him, there's a very slim chance that's I'll consider getting back together with him. I honestly don't know if I could trust him.  

I heard the front door open, and loud male voices, so I assumed that they were here. I put my music on pause and decided to go join them.

~*~

After dinner, we were all piled in Gabe's room watching a random movie. Suddenly Brendon put the movie on pause and got up. Everyone including myself gave him questioning looks. 

"I'm hungry. Gabe? Will you help me find something to eat? In the kitchen?"

"Uh, dude, you know where the kitchen is, go find it yourself." He said obviously not wanting to move from his place with Bilvy. "Just come with me please. How am I supposed to know what I can and can not eat?" He pushed. What's with him?

"Alright. Fine." He grumbled, getting up. 

"Youre coming too." He said grabbing Ryan by the arm and dragging him out of the room. 

Okay. Something's up. 

He dragged them out of the room and closed the door behind him. So I sat there in silence with William, waiting for them to get back so we could start the movie again. I was about to start it without them when I heard the faint sound of a guitar in the background. 

What the...?

It sounded like it was coming from outside, so I went to peek out the window. And sure enough, there stood Jon, guitar in hand, and playing one of my favorite songs. I opened the window so I could hear it more clearly, and that's when he began to sing. 

The best thing 'bout tonight's that we're not fighting
Could it be that we have been this way before?
I know you don't think that I am trying
I know you're wearing thin down to the core

But hold your breath
Because tonight will be the night
That I will fall for you over again
Don't make me change my mind

Or I won't live to see another day
I swear it's true
Because a girl like you is impossible to find
You're impossible to find

This is not what I intended
I always swore to you I'd never fall apart
You always thought that I was stronger
I may have failed, but I have loved you from the start

Oh, but hold your breath
Because tonight will be the night
That I will fall for you over again
Don't make me change my mind

Or I won't live to see another day
I swear it's true
Because a girl like you is impossible to find
It's impossible

So breathe in so deep
Breathe me in, I'm yours to keep
And hold on to your words 'cause talk is cheap
And remember me tonight when you're asleep

Because tonight will be the night
That I will fall for you over again
Don't make me change my mind

Or I won't live to see another day
I swear it's true
Because a girl like you is impossible to find

Tonight will be the night
That I will fall for you over again
Don't make me change my mind

Or I won't live to see another day
I swear it's true
Because a girl like you is impossible to find
You're impossible to find


By the end of the song, I nearly had tears in my eyes. That was by far, the sweetest thing that anyone has ever done for me. He looked like he was about to speak, when suddenly Gabe and Ryan re-appeared. 

"Get out of here walker!" Ryan yelled before closing the window. I guess closing is the wrong word... More like slamming. 

"You guys!" I yelled before pushing passed them and heading for the front door. I heard their foot steps right behind me, so I ran faster until I was out of the house. I ran towards Jon then stopped. 

I had let my emotions take me over. 

Was I really going to forgive him and pretend like nothing happened? Like the poor ignorant girl who gets so caught up in her feelings for the boy that she forgets how to protect herself?

I stood about five feet away from him. I didn't move or say a word. 

No one else seemed to either. I knew that everyone was standing behind me, but no one said a word. 

Jon stepped forward, making the distance between us smaller. 

"Kaela, I know I made a huge mistake. And I also know that 'I'm sorry' isn't even close to enough. That's why I'm standing here, making a fool of myself in front people that possibly hate me. There's no excuse for what I did. But I regretted it every second after it. I was drunk, and I wasn't in my right mind. Kaela, I know it's sad, that I've known you for barely a month, and I'm already this attached. I'd understand if you never wanted to see me again. But please, just consider it. You should know that I would never do anything to purposefully hurt you. All I need is one more chance to prove that. Please. Please take me back." 

He finished his speech and I stood there, just as I was before, in slight shock. My brain went over all the things he just told me. Would it be stupid of me to believe every word he said? Because I do. And at this point, I would take him back in a heart beat. But another part of my mind kept nagging me with the same question over and over. 

How do you know it won't happen again?

Is it really worth the risk?

All it took was for me to look him in the eyes, to make my decision. His eyes were sincere. They were also filled with guilt, and tiredness. He looks like he hasn't slept in days.

I simply nodded. I even muttered a small almost silent "yes" under my breath.  

"Yes? Yes as in you'll take me back?" he questioned in slight disbelief. 

"Yeah." I nodded again, giving him a slight smile. He stepped forward and gave me a tight hug and a kiss on the cheek. When I pulled back, I could see that his eyes were slightly teary. 

"One condition though." I informed him. "No more kissing other guys, or girls."

He gave me a small smile. "You got it." 

I gave him a full kiss on the lips this time, ignoring the fact that there were four people watching. 

Two of which probably won't be too happy with me, or Jon for that matter.    
♠ ♠ ♠
Long. Freaking. Chapter.

Anyway, I know this isn't exactly "fluffy" but this isn't the "DUN DUN DUN" either. x]

Well, I'm so tired and about to fall asleep, I'll end my AN here. Even though I'm sure there's something I forgot to mention.