Sequel: You're The Only One

Don't Hold Your Breath

Bloody Sunday

Brendon's POV 

A couple days had passed. I hadn't quite made it to the cabin yet, just because I couldn't exactly bring myself too. There are so memories that took place there.... I'm not sure if I could go back. I don't know what I was thinking. 

Right now, I'm sitting in a familiar coffee shop with a long name I can't pronounce. One with a Gypsy like feel to it with purple walls and lots of windows. 

Not to mention checkerboard tables. 

Yes it's that same one. The only thing that's missing is Frank and Ray betting each other over a game of checkers, Vicky yelling at me to cut down on the caffeine, Mikey and Bob in all their flirtatious glory, and well, him.

I'm not going to force myself to think of his name much less picture him. Crying in public isn't exactly something I want to resort to.

I took another sip of my iced java chip latte. Yes it was the same drink Ryan bought me on our trip up here. I just so happen to be that pathetic. And this just so happens to be my fifth one tonight. 

I guess this just proves that the whole "caffeine high" is all in your head. I feel just as crappy and worn down as when I got here. 

"Well, who do we have here?" I looked up to see who was Standing in front of my table, and dropped my drink as I did so. 

No, no, no, no, fuck no. How the hell did he find me? 

"Get him." He commanded. I didn't have time to scream, much less run as a hand was put over my mouth and I was grabbed by each arm and carried out of the shop.

He had people with him? 

I was carried around to the side of a building, to a place that was hard to spot if you weren't looking for it.

I was restrained and held against a wall. I tried to break free and scream, but they were strong. They just held me in place.

"Time's up Brendon. It's Sunday. And remember what I said would happen if you ran?" He pulled out a gun, and my eyes widened in fear before releasing the tears that I had been holding back. The last thing I wanted to do was cry in front of the man that was about to kill me, but I couldn't take it anymore. Everything was just so fucked up. 

"So, last chance, do you have what I want?" He asked me. It was obvious I didn't, otherwise I wouldn't be running.

The man took his hand off my mouth and held the gun to my temple. 

"I warned you. I even gave you an extension. I guess-" He was cut off by the sound of breaks screeching along side the road, followed by the sound of multiple yells and the slamming of car doors. 

~*~ 

Ryan's POV 

We had been driving all day, and finally we ended up in Chico, California. Pete, who pretended to be on his side, called the druggie asking him where we was because he could help give Brendon's "Exact whereabouts," if  in return he could get "a favor". Guess this guy wasn't as smart as he thought he was. But nonetheless, he said he had tracked Brendon down here, and was "hot on his trail." This was probably about fifteen minutes ago.       

I still can't believe Pete decided to help us out. 

It was then that the familiar coffee shop came into view. It was also then that I saw Brendon's car. I almost couldn't get the words out, but I did. 

"Vicky, stop the car." I mumbled. 

"What-"

"STOP THE CAR!" I then exclaimed. She hit the breaks hard, causing them to make a loud squealing sound, and I jumped out of the car, everyone else confused, and yelling behind me.

I shot into the coffee shop, to find it nearly empty. No Brendon in site. I then raced out the side door, and that's when I heard it. 

The pleas of mercy, followed by the heartless threats. 

The pleas of mercy, that was my Brendon. 

I followed the voices to the side of the building, and there stood a terrifying scene. Brendon, backed up against the wall; a gun pointed to his head, tears in his eyes. 

Before anyone could stop me, before I even had a chance to think about what I was doing, I was running. Running towards the man with the gun. "No!" I yelled grabbing the attention away from Brendon. I ran with as much force as I had, and still managed to knock this heavy set man to the ground, ignoring the protests from Vicky, Jon, Spencer, Pete, and everyone else who had managed to follow me out here. 

"What the fuck? Get off me!" The man said pushing me off. I tried to tackle him down again, but I was a feather compared to him, and plus, a bunch of his "men" pulled me off of him. 

"Brendon! Run!" I commanded while the heavy set guy picked himself up off the ground. 

But he didn't. He just stood there in shock. 

"R-Ryan?" He spit out. I nearly rolled my eyes. 

"Brendon go!" I ordered. 

"No. Stay put." The man said pointing his gun and him again. 

"Wait!" Pete said stepping forward. "I h-have what you want right here." He said pulling out a little zip lock back of white pills from his pocket. "Let him go, and they're all yours." Pete negotiated. 

"Its too late." The man grumbled. "He had his chance and he spoiled it. He's a liar. I hate liars. And now he's going to pay the price." 

"No." I whispered. "No, no, no! Please no!" I began sobbing. But one of the guys that was holding me covered my mouth to shut me up. 

Brendon looked at me again, holding my gaze, both of us with tear-filled eyes. 

This can't be happening. It just can't. 

"Ready?" He spoke with a devious smirk. 

"Wait." He spoke, not breaking the gaze. "Let them go. You can do whatever you want with me, if you just let them be when it's over. Please. They had nothing to do with this." He pleaded.

"Sorry kid. They're involved now. They know too much. I don't want then running to the cops, and besides, that one," he said pointing at Pete. "Is a traitor." 

While Brendon tried to negotiate with this man, I noticed that one of the guys restraining me carried a gun in his pocket. This sparked an idea in my brain.

I elbowed the guy in the gut causing him to let go of me. I then turned around and grabbed the gun, pointing it at the big guy about to kill Brendon. 

"L-Let him go." I mentally slapped myself for stuttering. 

"You don't have the guts." He challenged. 

When it came to Brendon I did. I pulled the trigger to prove him wrong, but nothing happened. I tried it again and again, and still, nothing. 

Stupid thing was out of bullets. 

"Nice try kid." He smirked. He motioned for the two guys to grab hold of me again, but I slipped from their grip, coming up behind the man with the gun and hitting him as hard as I possibly could. This sent him to the ground, but didn't knock him unconscious. He yelled multiple profanities under his breath, but just as I told Brendon to run one last time, he pointed the gun back at Brendon, still hunched over on the ground, and with a shaky hand,

He pulled the trigger.    
♠ ♠ ♠
DUN DUN DUN