Sequel: Nothing Safe
Status: Complete! Check out our sequel, coming soon :P

Hollow Point

You've Got Another Thing Coming

Noire stood outside of Scott's door, waiting impatiently for him to answer. "Scott! Get your butt out here right now!" She pounded on the front door, beginning to feel annoyed.

The door creaked open lazily to reveal a sleepy looking Scott. He patted his ruffled hair down, cracking the door open wider to let her in. "What is it?" he slurred.

"He killed his sister." she said, no emotion striking her voice.

Scott's eyes shot open. "What?!" he asked, disbelief coloring his tone.

"Yeah. Though, I'm not sure if I believe him all the way. He seemed a bit hesitant when he told me." She thought to herself for a moment. "Why would he lie to me about that though? He knows I'm his friend.." she trailed off slowly.

He frowned. "I'm not sure...I'm so sorry though, Noire. I know you really liked him." Scott held out his arms for an inviting hug.

Noire leaned into him, holding her arms close to her chest. "I still do really like him, Scott. I don't think anything could change that." She looked down the road, trying to see the general store. "Do you think we could try and see Mr. Ezra today?"

"You mean, you still want to find out about him, even though he killed his own sister?" He looked at her doubtfully.

"That's the thing, Scott. I don't know if I believe Daelen." She pulled away to look at his face. "I want to know the truth."

He nodded to her. "Then I'll help you find it. Just one thing though: What if what you find out is even worse? The truth can be painful."

Noire hugged herself tightly. "Then I guess that's just the risk I'll have to take. Daelen means a lot to me. I wouldn't dump him as a friend, especially if I haven't after everything I've already found out."

"Alright, we better get going, then. Let's get this thing over with." Scott took on a determined look. "Time to enter the dragon's cave." he joked.

She cracked a small smile and latched herself onto his arm. "Thank you, Scott."
--
"Oh, man," Scott said, looking up at the foreboding store sign. "I lied, I'm not ready. Oh geez, he's looking at us!"

Noire sighed quietly, putting her hand on Scott's arm. "Stay here then." She began walking towards Mr. Ezra. "Hello? Mr. Ezra?"

"Huh? Whaddaya want?" The middle aged man squinted at her in a rude manner. He had obviously let himself go, a beer belly betraying his drinking habits. He scratched his balding head while he glared at her.

Noire plastered a fake smile on her face, holding out her hand. "Good morning, Mr. Ezra. My name is Noire Aurelia. I've recently moved here, and was wondering if I could ask you a few questions."

"Huh. I ain't no expert on where the kiddie playgrounds are. What you doin' without your ma anyways?" Mr. Ezra looked down his nose at her.

"Oh, Mr. Ezra. People failed to tell me what a joker you are! I'm not a kid. I'm 24 years old. Before I moved here, I graduated from one of the top technology schools in Japan."

"Heh, you look like a kiddie to me. Short like one, too." Mr. Ezra snorted. "Anyway, ask me what ya need to ask, I'm busy."

Noire let out a pretend laugh. "You know what they say about us Asians. Anyways, I have a very important question." She took a deep breath, looking at the ground. "I was wondering if you could tell me about your son, Daelen."

The older man stiffened at the mention of his son. "Get out." he said quietly, but in a threatening tone.

"Mr. Ezra, please. I know this is a very difficult subject. But I beg of you." Her eyes began to water a bit. "Please.."

"Get out!" he roared. "Do not, ever, go asking about that murdering son of a bitch!" He grew suddenly calm. "Daelen Ezra is dead to me. And he is no son of mine."

"Mr. Ezra, just tell me! I don't care if he's dead to you. Just tell me something."

"No, you just listen to me, foolish little girl. There is nothing I can tell you that will help you. You are sticking your nose where it does not belong and hurting everyone else in the process. You don't-" Mr Ezra suddenly stopped. "How do you even know about him?" he whispered dangerously.

Noire's eyes widened. "Oh..well um..I'm new..I'm a curious girl..I like asking about things." She shifted her weight awkwardly, hoping he would buy into it.

His eyes narrowed in suspicion. "You know that saying: Curiosity kills the cat. You'll be that cat if you don't let this go. There is nothing for you to learn by pursuing this. The town has already forgotten about him. You best learn from them." Daelen's father tossed the towel in his hands down and stomped away, apparently deciding that the conversation was over.

"Wait!" Noire rushed after him. "I don't care if I get killed. I just want to find out. Can you please just tell me what the big deal is?" Annoyance was evident in her voice. "Please."

Mr. Ezra turned around abruptly and shoved his face in hers. "That demon ruined my life. He killed my daughter and sent my wife into a depression that eventually led to her death. I have nothing left. If you don't keep your curiosity in control, you won't either." He turned back around and left through the back door.

Noire let out an annoyed sigh, before turning around and walking out of the store towards Scott. "He told me everything that I already knew."

Scott looked pained. "I'm sorry, Noire. I should have gone in with you. I saw him screaming at you. He's rough." He hugged her tight in assurance.

She sighed again. "The screaming didn't bother me. The fact he called Daelen a 'demon' was what bothered me the most. He's not like that, Scott. He's really not."

"A demon? Well, at least he's sexy, right?" Scott smirked, trying to make her feel better. "Oh yeah, did you ask if he was gay?"

Noire gave him a half smile. "Yeah, I did. He blushed a bit and said he didn't think so. Sorry, Scott. Guess he's mine." She laughed a bit, hugging Scott tighter. "You're the best."
--
"So, to get you out, we need to find a way to get these bars out of the window." Noire positioned herself closer to the window, inspecting the bars carefully.

"Without noise," Daelen added quietly, seemingly deep in thought. "Well, I don't know about you, but I don't even get a blunt plastic knife in here, so I won't be able to help any with that."

"You're right. I guess I'll have to do minor research on how to do it quietly, but I bet it can be done." She pondered for a moment. "You don't have any black clothes, do you?"

He nodded silently in response, absently looking over at the far side of his cold room. "The last time I'm checked on is around nine or so, I'm guessing, so we can set to work after that without any interruptions. Unless something goes wrong, of course."

She looked at the ground, feeling a bit guilty she had so much when he had nothing. "It's not a problem. I can bring you some new clothes. Hell, I'll buy you some new clothes." She reached through the bars to gently grab his hand. "We'll make it out okay. I promise."

He tentatively touched her fingertips, nodding again. "I'm....not good with people," he admitted in a whisper. "I don't know how I'll blend in, if we end up on the run. Are you sure you want to be dragged into this?" Daelen looked up and pierced her with his eyes, trying to pull out an honest answer.

Noire smiled, leaving her hand with his. "Of course I want to be with you." Noire stopped suddenly, a bright blush slowly creeping up on her cheeks. "Umm..I mean, help you. I don't care what other people think. If you want to, we can get you all cleaned up. Anything you want to do when you escape, we'll do it." Tears began to brim over in Noire's eyes, but she wiped them away quickly.

Daelen turned slightly pink at the slip, but quickly recovered. "You'll never know how much this means to me, Noire. I can only hope that one day I'll be able to repay you." He squeezed her hand earnestly.

"There's no need to repay me, Daelen. You're my friend, maybe even my best friend. I will forever and always be there to help and support you. Don't you forget that."

Daelen just nodded, silence creeping over them like death. Finally he spoke again, and his voice was confident. "We'll get out alive. For now, at least."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay. Win.

Parts-
Me [Tamsin] - Noire
Morgan- Daelen, Scott, Mr. Ezra