The Dark Witch

The Return of Voldemort

P.O.V. – Becky Sinclair

A day or two had past by now and I still wasn’t allowed to leave, what now seemed to be, a suffocating bedroom. Mrs. Lankins is convinced that if I were to leave this rotting place, that I might run into trouble and as result set fire to the whole inn. She’s worse than the asylum nurses. Not that I haven’t enjoyed my stay here, don’t get me wrong. It’s a beautiful room, filled with flowers, more specifically, my favorite flower, forget-me-not’s, and bright warm colors of greens, reds, golds, and blues. There are also many windows, a pleasure that I have not known for awhile, that overlook Charing Cross Road and a little courtyard below that dead ends into a brick wall.

So it wasn’t as if I was unsatisfied with my room, it was just, I rotated around in my seat, away from the window that I had been looking out of to face my reflection in the full length mirror in a nearby corner. My skin was as pale as milk, my normally full face drawn and pinched, and my short black hair wispily framing it, what really stung is I remember being called beautiful once. I wanted out of my room and this inn, Mrs. Lankins constantly instructed me to call it the ‘Leaky Cauldron’, but I stubbornly refused, and into healthy sunlight and fresh air where I could be free, free to do whatever I pleased.

Free too..., I nearly jumped out of my chair, my horrific snake faced monster had just appeared in the mirror beside me. I thought he had gone, he was supposed to be gone…

“Free, Becky?” He sneered, his red eyes glinting maliciously, “Have you learned nothing? Do you still not know who you are?” I cringed as he bent down beside me, flicking his long fingers through my thin hair, “You will never be free of me, Becky.” He moved to run his hand down the side of my face as he laughed at what appeared to be a private joke, “I have insured this!”

Strange tingles raced through my head as I wrenched myself away from him. Standing up and backing against the window overlooking the courtyard, “What did I ever do to you?” I asked chokingly, my eyes filling with tears as I stared at Voldemort, his red eyes narrowing at me, his face hardening.

“What did you do? You, Becky?” He hissed, rising from the ground in one quick fluid motion, “Nothing.” Voldemort took a step towards me, he face unreadable, but yet I knew it was threatening, “You have done nothing, but to have the misfortune, as you would call it, of fate intertwining your life with mine.”

Fear was quickly spreading through my veins. I couldn’t breathe. Voldemort’s laughter ringing around me as I clutched my throat, gagging. How I hated this creature.

“Here,” He suddenly began, amidst his laughter, as I fell to the floor, pulling out a long slender white stick and examining it, “You might be in need of this soon.” I closed my eyes as I felt the stick collide with my skull, “Don’t fail me, Becky.”