Status: Brand New

All the Same

One.

A cold, still December morning greeted the quiet boy as he opened the curtains of his best friends room. A boy a year older than myself, but a whole lot more troubled, which held the certain possibility that all of the troubles that plagued him, made him worlds wiser than just a regular teenage boy of eighteen. Legally an adult, but afraid of the world that he faces as soon as he steps out the front door.

Here was someone who had his heart broken so many times, the only way he could keep track was to lock it away in an airtight jar that nobody could open. The shattered remnants of his broken heart settled sadly along the bottom of the fogged over jar, throbbing silently, whispering words that the boy's brain vehemently denied, words that told him that not everyone is the same.Someone is going to come along who will glue the pieces in the right place and keep them there forever.

Well, the boy thought, I'll believe it when I see it.

"Aidan, are you okay?" Taylor asked, leaning his back against the wall.

He worries so much about his best friend who trusted so many and got hurt by all. There has to be someone who can fix the broken pieces of his friend's heart. But it's hard to find someone, when the boy wont trust anyone to even try.

"They're all the same," he had told Taylor, "There's no use trying to fix me, I'm not broken,"

"What are we going to do today?" Aidan responded, quickly avoiding the question, and Taylor silently let it go.

"Well, my friend Max is coming over today, so I figure we can hang out with him,"

"Is he cute?"

Taylor shrugged and handed Aidan a photograph of the stranger. A boy with dark brown hair, cut in a scraggly way just before it reached his eyes, dark green ones at that, and a straight,white smile. Aidan nodded his approval and allowed a half smile to pass his peaceful lips before he realized another important detail. A fleeting thought that maybe, Taylor was trying to hook him up with this 'friend' in another attempt to get him to trust again. The pieces of his heart shuddered fearfully at the thought.