Status: Active

Katherine

Run Katherine Run!

I felt the plane come to a stop and then I heard the flight attendant welcome everyone to Rome and that they should enjoy their stay. I constantly felt this sickening feeling in my stomach, due to the events that took place in the last 14 hours. As everyone slowly left the plane, my captor and I sat still. Apparently he was waiting till everyone had left the plane. I suddenly saw him sit up, look at the direction of the exit then look at me.
I kept staring straight, totally traumatized by what was happening to me. I had no more tears to cry, I had cried them all away during the 5 hour ride.

“Get up…” he said to me his voice slightly fierce.

‘If you’re really a vampire…how is it possible for you to walk in sunlight?” I asked him, my face showing no sign of emotion.

I started to stare at him, trying to read his expression, but all I read was anger and annoyance.

Out of nowhere his face came all the way up to mine and he started analyzing my expression with his eyes, but I didn’t flinch, I didn’t cry, I didn’t do anything. I knew I was going to die and that was reality.

“What did I tell you about asking questions…?”

I continued staring at him, my expression neutral.

“You won’t kill me…”

He stood up and stared at me and I stared at him. He gave me this puzzled look and began fixing his jacket as he saw that the last of the passengers were leaving the plane. He glanced in the direction of the exit again; all the while I was staring at him waiting for an answer.

“Who said vampires can’t walk in light…” he said and smiled at me, which sent shock waves up my spine.

I continued staring at him, then turned my eyes on the seat in front of me, trying hard to take in what he had just told me. I ran my fingers through my dark hair wondering if I should believe this psycho or not. Vampires were real AND they could walk in light? After all the stories I have read and the movies I’ve watched; this came as startling news to me.

I felt him grab my arm and push me in front of him, ushering me off the plane. I almost tripped while I was passing one of the seats and he grabbed my arm just in time before I could fall.

“Watch where you’re going!” he hissed in my ears.

When we had gotten off the plane and was already in the airport, both us took the escalator and the sight of the airport was breathtaking. Even though the situation that I was in would totally blow anyone’s mind if they knew, I couldn’t help but stare in amazement. I have never been in Rome. I only wish I was in Rome for different reasons. I was starting to lag behind because I was staring at the airport in amazement and I felt my captor prod me in back, signaling me to walk up. I started to increase the pace I was walking in.

When we finally left the airport, I could see a main road and many cars were passing to and fro. I saw a black limo and at first I didn’t think it was his but it was. The door opened and we were about to enter when he heard someone from behind us.

“Um...sir…hold on a minute. I need to ask you a few questions”

My captor stopped and stared at the Policeman, his hands tightened around my arms, almost hurting me.

“Ahh…sure… why not?” he said

“Okay, can I see your passport and her passport?”

“…sure” he said, his tone of voice slightly sounding annoyed

I don’t know what came over me, but he had let me go and there was a chance for me to run. Plus, if I ran and he ran after me, then the police would know that something wasn’t right.
I started to battle with my self. I stared at the policeman, then my captor and then the empty sidewalk leading into the city of Rome. Then I stared at them all again. I started tapping my right foot on the ground out of nervousness as the policeman looked over both of our passports together. I had made my decision at this point.

-------------------------------------------------

I ran…

I didn’t look behind me; all I heard was my captor saying “you little bitch” and then the policeman saying “stop!” Maybe my plan had worked I thought. I suddenly heard the policeman saying 10-4! 10-4! 10-4! over his radio. I didn’t know what it meant, but I hoped more policemen were coming. I could hear my hear beating and my breathing starting to get more labored. I could still hear footsteps behind me.

“Please Katherine, don’t get tired yet! Don’t get tired yet” I said to myself, as breathing became a harder task the more I ran. I ran around the corner and what I saw almost made me forget that I was running from a homicidal vampire maniac. For the first time in my life I got to see the colosseum, but I had to keep running. If my captor caught me, not only would he still bring me to where ever he was taking me but he would physically abuse me so as to satisfy his anger he had towards me.

I realized that he wasn’t running at his actual speed, vampires were supposed to be able to run extremely fast. I thought to myself maybe running through a bunch of crowds at his normal speed would give away his secret. I stayed in the crowd and ran; my captor and the policeman still close behind. As I was running I saw a road leading to a park, it was empty, but there was another policeman right around the corner, I ran toward them. As I was running I heard my captor shout my name. I ignored him. As I arrived at the police car, I ran right in front of their car, forcing them to come to a halt. I started hitting the hood of the car with my hands.

“STOP! STOP THE CAR!” I shouted

The policeman in the car looked at me bewildered and slowly stepped out of the car, their hands on their gun holsters.

“No… you’ve got to help me. There’s this crazy guy trying to kill me!” I replied, my breathing still labored

“Okay okay, its okay now” the policeman said, his hands now over my shoulder.

The policeman that was chasing us from beginning he started to talk to the other policeman.

“Did you see him?”

“See who?” said the policeman who was still holding me

“Oh my god, it’s like he disappeared in thin air” said the 1st policeman, starting to look around the park.

“It’s okay, we’ll get him later”

The policeman then turned and looked at me and said you don’t look like you’re from here.

“I’m not... I”

He stopped me and said I can explain it to them when we got to the police station.

After we got to the police station, I explained everything I went through in the last 24 hours; from my parents dying to me being kidnapped and brought all the way here.They told me to sit on one of the chairs in the main room while they contacted my last remaining relatives. As I waited, I heard the police door fly open and a freezing cold breeze came though it. I looked through the door, the sky pitch black, but I quickly forgot about that and buried my face in my arms.

When I decided to look up, I was surprised by a tall cloaked figure standing over me. I stared up at it, it’s face shielded by the shadow the cloak was casting over it’s face. I wanted to scream, but all I did was start to hyperventilate. The police station was empty and there were only 3 policemen in the building at that time, they were all in the back room. The cloaked figure started to speak.

“Katherine…take my hand”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment Please :p