Status: Active;; New Idea.... Anyone Have Any Others?

A Twist in Fate

Cliff Diving

Addie’s POV

Emily took me upstairs to what I expected to be her bedroom. I stood there awkwardly as I watched her fish through the closet. She came out not long after with a pretty pink tankini with black and white trim. “How about this one?” She asked with a smile.
I grinned and nodded happily and she gave it to me, shoving me off to the bathroom. I changed into it and looked in the mirror, turning a little to inspect myself and pulled down the hem at the bottom and fixed where the neckline dipped down. I opened the door a bit. “Emily?” I called out, jumping when she pushed open the door a little.
She smiled wide at me. “You look great. Why don’t you put your shirt and pants over it and go downstairs to meet the boys.” Emily said before walking off and down the stairs. I quickly put my pants and shirt over the bathing suit and ran down the stairs to meet the guys.
Quil looked at me with a grin and Seth just seemed to stare, a hint of a smile on his lips. “Ready Addie?” Jake asked, chuckling; probably at the slight blush showing on my skin.
“Y-Yeah, yup, totally ready. Let’s go.” I said before taking a deep breath and let Quil lead the way to the cliff. Let me tell you the cliff was more like looking over the ledge on a mountain.
“Oh no, there’s no way I’m jumping off that! You all must be nuts.” I told them, backing as far away as I could from the ledge. I had already taken off my pants and shirt that was over the tankini Emily let me borrow, but now I wasn’t so sure I would even be getting wet. Despite my thoughts on not jumping, Seth couldn’t seem to keep his eyes off me, which was both flattering and embarrassing.
“Oh come on Addie! One of us will jump with you. It’ll be fun!” Quil insisted as I hugged myself and dared to look at the ledge that would undoubtedly give me nightmares just imagining jumping.
“When you said cliff diving I thought you meant and itty bitty ledge. This is practically a mountain!” I whined, rubbing my arm nervously and chewed lightly on my lip.
“Please Addie, it’ll be fun!” Quil pushed, attempting a pout of some kind.
I attempted to hold in the laugh screaming to be let out at the foreign looking expression on his face, but failed. “Fine, but if something happens to me, you’re the one who will have to explain to my dad how you convinced me to jump off a cliff.”
Quil looked at me in horror for a moment, seeing my dad as a bad omen of some kind and for a moment I thought he was going to let me out of it but then he grinned. “Okay, but Seth is going to jump with you.” I gave him an odd look then glanced at Seth and back at Quil.
“Seth? Why Seth?” I asked curiously, “Not that there’s anything wrong with jumping with you, Seth.” I added after seeing this sad look on his face. My heart tugged inside of me when I saw him like that; weird…
“Because Seth will keep you safer than any of us would be able to.” He said, but it sounded like there was some other meaning behind it, something I didn’t seem to understand but I shook that feeling off.
“Oh okay.” I said reluctantly and took a deep breath.
Seth came to my side and set his hand on my lower back, leading me to the side of the cliff. “Hold onto me and don’t let go.” He said and I nodded quickly, agreeing to everything that he said. I wrapped my arms tightly around him and felt his arms slip around my back, holding onto me firmly. “Ready?” He breathed. I could only nod my head. “One….Two….Three.” He said and jumped off the side with me.
I let out a high pitched scream, gripping tightly onto Seth, who was holding around my waist and holding my head to his chest. We hit the water fast and plunged under, all the air leaving my lungs in an instant while my grip on him was lost by the force of the water. My head lay still on his chest while my hands clawed for the surface. Soon enough, Seth pushed us to the surface and I gasped for air, my body shaking while goose bumps formed quickly on my skin. The crisp air around us causing a slight chill but Seth’s excessive heat made up for most of it. He swam us towards the shore where he laid me down in the sand and leaned over me.
“Addie, nod if you can hear me.” My head gave a slight jerk up and down as I breathed in and out quickly. He sighed in what seemed like relief and brushed my hair from my face. “Are you okay?” He whispered just over my breathing.
I nodded once more and smiled softly at him. “Thanks, Seth.” I said softly and turned my head to cough up some salty water. I grimaced at the taste and looked back at him to see him grinning at me. “Friends?” I offered, still smiling.
“Friends,” He agreed and helped me up off the sandy ground. Seth walked me back up a steep hill with his arm around my shoulder, in a way that seemed to be his idea of warming me up. I greatly appreciated the gesture.
All the guys grinned at us and laughed. “Hardy har har. Very funny. Get over here and make yourselves useful; group hug.” I insisted. The boys grumbled, making me laugh and I sighed at all of their warmth. “Ahh, warmth…” I muttered, cuddling into them all. Husky laughter sounded from all of them and they departed.
For the rest of the day we sat at the cliff and played around on the beach. When it was time to go I heard a wolf’s howl and jumped, rushing to Quil and Seth. The guys looked at each other then at me. “We’ll run ahead, Addie. You walk with Seth.” I watched them all trot away from us and glanced at Seth who looked deep in thought.
“Penny for your thoughts?” I joked, smiling which caused him to chuckle at me.
“How about I walk you home? Just to be sure you’re safe.” He said and I nodded. Once I got home I waved to Seth and ran inside, up to my room and changed into my pajamas. My dad came to my door when I opened it.
“How was your day?” He asked.
I grinned, “Wonderful. We went to the beach for a while. I had fun.” My dad nodded and left me to my thoughts.
This is the start of a wonderful life. La Push is definitely the place I want to stay; with Quil and the guys… I thought, a smile breaking out on my face. Especially Seth.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the tankini: http://www.polyvore.com/twist_in_fate_cliff_diving/set?id=14667213

I hope you all like this one! It took me a bit to decide how long I wanted this one. :]
Big thanks again to dystopia! Love you girlie! You're awesome. Please comment everyone, it keeps me happy and I write more! :D

Love you all!
-Alyssa