Status: Active;; New Idea.... Anyone Have Any Others?

A Twist in Fate

Standing My Ground

My finger twitched from the shift of weight. I sighed, my eyes finally fluttering open. “Seth?” I whispered.
“Addie? You’re awake? Oh, thank God.” He muttered, brushing my hair back out of my face.
“Well, are you okay? Those wolves were huge; you guys could have been killed if you weren’t careful around them.”
The look of confusion on his face made me frown. “What wolves? Addie, wolves don’t hang around the rez. The people scare them off.”
“Bu- But, I saw them…” I stuttered out, my lips trembling. I was ready to cry. He had to have seen them. You couldn’t miss them.
“You couldn’t have…” Seth said, letting out a sigh.
“Did you see the man? He was following me… He was so fast a-and he had red eyes,” I whispered, my gaze traveling around the room. I could see Collin and Brady standing near the door, but I couldn’t see anyone else. It was then that I noticed I was still at Emily’s.
“There was a man following you?” He asked, looking worried. I nodded. “I assure you, he won’t be following you around anymore.” He stated, his tone much more protective than necessary. It was so sweet.
“How do you know?” I asked nervously, looking towards the window. That man had struck terror within me that I had never felt before.
“I just know okay? Trust me… With a group like us, bad people don’t stick around for long,” He assured me and I nodded but I couldn’t get over how he was saying I imagined it all. Everything was so real.
“But Seth… there were wolves. They were huge an-and furry!” I said, trying to convince him, “T-They saved me from the man! He wanted….a….a taste, he said; something about my blood! Seth, you have to believe me. I wouldn’t lie about this. Hell, I couldn’t even dream something this terrifying!” I cried.
Seth shook his head, his face looking pained. “You hit your head Addie…. You couldn’t have seen any wolves,” He argued
I stared at him as my eyes welled up with tears until he became blurry. “I-I thought you were my friend, someone to count on when I needed it-” I started.
He cut me off, “I am, Addie, really! I am that person you can count on, I promi-”
I shook my head quickly. “No! Don’t promise something you can’t come through with. If I could count on you, you would believe me regardless of what say about the wolves.” I couldn’t hold the tears back anymore so I let them flow freely and looked down.
“A-Addie, please don’t-” Seth started, reaching towards me.
“Don’t touch me! Just…go away!” I yelled and looked at him, the tears coming faster. He looked at me, pain in his eyes and reluctantly got up to leave. His head hung as he walked out the door and all I could do was watch. You have to stand your ground, Addie, you have to. No matter how much you like him...
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone! I really hope you enjoyed it. Probably not what you expected but y'know, I have to dramatize it somehow, right?! Haha, well, please comment and message me! I'd appreciate banners and ideas from you all if you have any. Thank you to Suicide.Sunday. and wolfsaver, again, for their comments! They make me feel so fuzzy inside! :P Lol, okay fine, they encourage me a whole lot!

Do me a favor too, will you? I entered TheDoctor's Pre-Write Contest and she's looking for more entries and judges! Check it out and spread the word! There's a bunch of Categories for pre-writes and the deadline is February 4th!

Love you all,
Alyssa