Teardrops on My Guitar

1/1

He’s the reason for the tear drops on my guitar
The only thing that keeps me wishing on a falling star
He’s the song in the car I keep singing
Don’t know why I do.


I wasn’t allowed to call him by his first name in school, he said it would get him into trouble, although plenty of the other students do. But then again, I was different to most of the other students, granted, everyone of us melts for his smile.
Wow, what a smile.
He smiled it just as the bell rang, I walked out of class with my best friend, we were walking slowly as she examined her hair, a flaming red that needed cutting. I looked over to him, him being my teacher, and hesmiled smirked at me, his eyes running over my body like they did when no one was looking. We ended up having to run to lesson, just about making it before our teacher got there, not that she could control a class.not like he could anyway
The day went quickly and soon I was skipping to me car to start the drive home, singing my latest creation to myself.
“Hey Stephen, I could give you fifty reasons why I should be the one you choose, all those other girls, well there beautiful, but would they write a song for you“
I think its catchy, but of course if I cant say his name I doubt he will like me singing it in the car park. It didn’t take me long to drive home and most of the way home I was thinking of him.

***

“Knock knock.” a voice whispered, I looked up to see him standing at my door, him being my teacher, my teacher being Stephen Drew. I smiled and pulled myself up into a seated position. “Baby, I need to talk to you.” he whispered. He kissed me gently on the lips before sitting on the sofa by my feet and I thanked god my parents were away this weekend.
“There’s someone else, she is my age and I wont have to hide it from anyone, me and you cant be together anymore.” he whispered gently, I nodded letting the words sink in, he kissed me again before leaving the house.
I sat there. Numb. Betrayed. Played around. Crushed.

He’s the reason for the teardrops on my guitar
The only one who’s got enough of me to break my heart
He’s the song in the car I keep singing
don’t know why I do.


I can still remember sitting in class as he told the class about her. Faking a smile. Faking being happy for them. For him.
I climbed off of the stage, wiping away the tears that followed the song. Every. Time. I. Sung. It. He wasn’t my teacher anymore, and I still missed him but he was my secret. My worst kept secret.