‹ Prequel: I Can't Be Without You
Sequel: Cross My Heart
Status: Sequel =)

Make This Perfect Again

I Just Don't Think I'll Ever Get Over You.

"I find it very unfair that Airin gets to bring his boyfriend on tour." Keith, my cousin from Vancouver, said as we crossed through to Edmonton from Saskatchewan.

Ellaries Dollhouse. That was our band name. Airin, Keith and I had been a band since I was 18. Airin, Keith and myself would send songs back and forth to one another because Keith lived in Vancouver.Airin ended up moving to Vancouver, I moved to Kelowna, we were only about 4 hours apart. Marque ended up moving to Vancouver to live with Airin, much to Jazz's pleas for him not to.
Marque came into the picture when our original bassist Colbie Lucas left the band to play drums in a band called Colour Hues who we were touring with at the time.

"Marques our bassist. We need him."I said, poking my head out of my bunk.

"You could play bass." Keith said, taking a sip of his orange juice.

"I play guitar and piano."

"Airin could do that."

"He plays the drums."

Keith went silent, trying to think up another excuse to make it seem "fair" to him. "Well shit!" The three boys laughed, and I joined in shortly. I hopped out of my bunk, and walked over to the little table that sometimes we converted into a couch/bed.We didn't have a normal tour bus. We had a large camper, because buses were just too expensive, and we didn't want to be trapped in a smelly van with one another.

"You could always ask Olivia to come with us." I said.

"She hate's travelling. She doesn't even like going grocery shopping!" Keith threw his hands up in an over-dramatic way. "I've starved because my fiancee wont get food!"

"Get it yourself." Marque said from over his book.

"No." Keith folded his arms, making me laugh. Keith and I were a lot alike. Extremely stubborn, rather loud, and we always spoke our minds.

It was quiet for 10 minutes. Dead silence between all of us, except for when Marque turned a page in his book. Which was strange, especially for Airin. I huffed and got up, walking towards the front of the camper-trailer, to where our driver, (we really did need a driver. No one trusted Airin, Marque didn't like driving, Keith was terrible at following directions and I never got my licence) who also acted as our tech guy,Jason was. I leaned against his seat smiling. "Hey buddy. How's the drive?"

"Pretty sweet." Jason looked up at me breifly and smiled, turning his attention back to the road. "I think we need to make a coffee stop.And Soon. Airin is scaring me with how quiet he is." I giggled.

"How long till Ed?" I asked.

"'bout 3 hours." I nodded and walked back to the table, taking my seat.

"Hey guys, we're making a coffee stop soon." As soon as I said the word coffee, Airin's head perked up.

"Le Coffee?"

"Yes...Airin, coffee." I said placing my hand on my forehead.

"It's got to be better than this instant shit we have." Keith said.

"You're the one that makes that instant shit we have." Marque said, placing his book down. "Didn't you work at a starbucks?"

"For a week. Olivia usually makes the coffee." The rest of us, Marque, Airin and I, rolled our eyes at Keith.

"You are SO lame Key." Airin said.

"Hey, hey...shut it." Keith said, climbing over me to get out of the table. "I'm obviously not wanted here!" He said in a whiney voice.

"Key, shut up and sit down. We're kidding." I said shuffling over so he could sit down again.

"No point in sitting down Keith." we pulled into a gas station. "Coffee time." Jason killed the engine, and as soon as the door opened, Airin shot out of the vehicle

"FREEDOM!" was the only thing you could hear from Airin. There was a thud, followed by a slight jingle. "Ow!" I jumped out of my seat to see what Airin had done. Airin was sitting on the ground, rubbing his forehead.

"What did you do?" I asked, stepping onto the ground.

"The door didn't open for my epic entrance." Airin stood up, glaring at the door.

I walked up to him, looking at his face. He had a red spot on the side of his head. I knew there was gonna be a bruise there. "Oh Jesus Airin!" I exclaimed examining his bruised forehead. "That looks like it hurt."

"It's only a flesh wound." Airin said.

"It's a bruise, not a cut."

"It's a battle wound! I fought proudly against Sir Door of...Shell." He had to pause to figure out which gas station we were at. I rolled my eyes and went to push the door open. "WAIT! Sir Door could attack at..." I walked into the store and Airin looked puzzled. "Huh...it seems Sir Door favours the young lasses to the lads." He stepped inside, followed by Keith. The woman working at the register looked mildly shocked. I turned to her and smiled.

"He does that a lot." I said. The woman nodded and turned away, making herself busy with something else.

Airin was the first to the coffee machine (well, I was, but Airin pushed me out of the way). As I waited for Airin to get out of the way, my phone started buzzing in my back pocket. I looked at the screen, smiling.

"Hey Jazz!" I exclaimed happily into the phone.

"What have you done to my brother? He's not answering his phone!" Jazz sounded worried. I looked back at Marque and mouthed 'is your phone on?'. Marque looked at his phone.

"Dead." He called back at me.

"MARQUE'S DEAD?!" Jazz screamed in my ear. I held the phone away from my face.

"No, his PHONE is dead." I nudged Airin out of the way so I could get my coffee.

"Oh...can I talk to him please?" Jazz asked me.

"You know," I leaned against the counter. "I'm going to have to charge you 5 bucks a minute." I joked.

"You can afford your phone bill! Shut up Josline." Jazz laughed as I passed the phone to Marque. I got my coffee, payed for it, held the door open for Airin who glared at it as he walked by, and had my phone handed back to me.

"What did Jazz want?" I asked Marque as we borded back into the camper.

"She just wanted to know what time we were playing tonight."

"She could have asked me that." I said, frowning. Marque shrugged and sat down, diving back into his book.

Another hour had gone by, Keith and Airin were having an energy crash, so they went to take a nap. I had my lap top set up on the table, going through Dollhouses' myspace, facebook, my personal myspace and facebook, replying to as many friend requests and comments I could.

I reached the last friend request on the bands Myspace. There was a request from "Marianas Trench". To be completely honest, I had never heard of them. Then again, I had been so out of touch with everything since Josh moved back to Vancouver, I'm surprised I even rememberd my own name half the time. I went to their page anyways.

My breath got caught in my chest as I looked at their profile picture. I only recognized two of them. One, wavy brown hair, prominent cheek bones, a killer smile...he was basically gorgeous.

The second one...he looked...healthier than the last time I saw him. He no longer had brown, flippy hair. It was black, with a blue streak going through it.

I had to check the names to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me. It was. I shut my laptop, and peered over the table at Marque, who was still reading his book. Marque looked up at me.

"What did I do?" He sounded terrified. He scooted to the other side of the table, for fear her might get eaten.

"Do you still talk to Matt and Josh?" I asked, opening my laptop again, the Marianas Trench page glared in my face.

"I still talk to Matt quite a bit...He's still dating Jazz." Marque set his book down.

"What about Josh?"

"The last time I talked to him was a couple of days before he moved. Why?" Marque now looked curious.

"Did you know they're in a band?" I leaned back in my seat.

"Yeah..."

"Why did no one tell me this shit?" I threw my arms up in the air. Marque kind of laughed and went back to his book.

I turned back to my computer and back tracked to the request page.

Maybe it was about time that I got back in touch with them. Maybe Josh had changed...maybe Josh had quit...I knew there was a slim chance that Josh would be friendly to me after I yelled, ignored, and never contacted him. But a girl could hope. I had never stopped thinking about the guy. Infact, I don't think I ever stopped loving Josh. He had probably moved on from me, but I never moved on from him.

I clicked "accept".
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY! FIRST CHAPTER!
Oh, and go check out the song "I just don't think I'll ever get over you" by The Rocket Summer. It was my main inspiration for this story so far.