‹ Prequel: I Can't Be Without You
Sequel: Cross My Heart
Status: Sequel =)

Make This Perfect Again

Alive Again

The end of November was something I was dreading the most. November 30th, was the last show of the tour. I was dreading it because that meant that I would then have to go back to Kelowna, where I would be alone, yet again. Mariah had gone back to Castlegar, atleast for a while, so I would be alone in my house when I got back.

I was running the straightner through Airins hair, because he was too lazy to do it himself. We were at Airin and Marques apartment in Vancouver, and since the last show was in Vancouver, everyone was able to go home for a few days, except for me that is. Airin flinched slightly.

"Hey! Careful with my ears!" Airin exclaimed. I smiled sheepishly. I was never any good at straightening other peoples hair. I rarely straightened mine, because it was naturally straight, like my dads. Airin got moms wavy hair.

"Sorry." I appologized and then continued. Marque was sitting in the chair adjacent from me and Airin. Marque laughed lightly to himself. I turned the straightner off and looked at Airins hair. His hand went to go touch his hair. "NO! Don't TOUCH it!" I said, smacking his hand away.

"Why?" Airin whined.

"I'm not done yet!" I said.

"But you turned the straightner off!"

"Doesn't mean I'm done!" I said, grabbing a bottle of some kind of styling wax. I put some in my hands and took pieces of Airins hair and messed it up to give it a 'I'm trying to do something with my hair, but I just rolled out of bed' look.

"What are you doing?!" Airin said, trying to get out of the chair.

"Making you look good!" I said.

"I already look good." Airin said.

"You look like a hobo" Marque added. I laughed, walking over to the sink to wash my hands. Airin stood up and walked into the bathroom. He walked back out and then looked at me while I was drying my hands.

"I look HOT!" Airin said, jumping up and down with excitement. Marque walked up to him and wrapped his arms around Airin's neck.

"I'd SO do you right here, right now." Marque said, kissing Airin.

"EW! Not while I'm here!" I said like a 5-year-old. Marque turned his head and stuck his tongue out at me.

"Pft! Our apartment, our rules! You don't count!" Airin said, wrapping his arms around Marques waist. I rolled my eyes and looked at the clock on the wall.

"Shit! Guys, we got to get going!" I said, running to the door to put my shoes on. Marque and Airin were most likely confused, but a few seconds after, they were scrambling after me.

We managed to make it just in time to the venue. Our set started 5 minutes after the three of us got there. It also didn't help that Airin and Marque lived on the opposite side of Vancouver.

"Alright guys, so, as you know, this is the LAST show of the tour, and we're sad to bring it to a close. But we have had SO much fun playing for all of the fans, meeting all of you and just having a great time, even though there were some deffinite ups and downs." I said into my microphone. I smiled and Airin spoke into his microphone behind the drum kit.

"I think the highlight of the tour for me is getting to see friends that I've missed over the years. I forgot how much fun it was to hang out with Matt and Josh." Airin smiled.

"I rather enjoyed when Airin dyed his hair and scared Marque." Keith snickered.

"Hey! That was scary! I didn't know it was him." Marque flushed a light pink. I laughed.

"Anyways, before we start talking too much about Airins hair..." I started to say. "We have some good news for you! We will start recording our third album, yes, THIRD, next year in December! " There was cheering and we started up our last song.

I don't know what it was about performing infront of people. It made me seem like a different person. On stage, I was a bit more outgoing than I was normally. I think others noticed it, but I really didn't mind it.

Marianas Trench finally got on stage and they were, as usual, amazing. They had just finished up September, when Josh started talking. "I just wanted to say great job to Ellaries Dollhouse. They have made this tour THIS much better. You guys are probably the weirdest, most dysfunctional family I have ever met." I laughed, and saw that Airin and Keith laughed too. Marque didn't really laugh. I think that Marque didn't think he was really part of the family because he and Airin weren't married. I looked at Marque and walked over to him. I flung my arms around him in a hug. He seemed shocked, but then he put his arms around me and hugged back.

"You are TOO family!" I smiled at him. Marque smiled back and hugged me one last time. Marianas Trench started playing another song, so I had to try to speak over them. "And don't worry about you and Airin not being married. You're too young anyways!" I said. Marque laughed and agreed with me. I turned to the boys on stage and started singing along to the song Alive Again when Josh started to sing. Being with the guys for 2 months and hearing the songs over again, the words tended to get stuck in your head.

I felt it turn to come and go
don't worry no one ever knows
I don't know why it just won't die
It breaks me in to stay alive
I know it hurt a lot like you
C'mon I know that you felt it too
It hurts the same and that's ok
I never liked him anyway

It seems so long since I've been gone
I got so used to just hanging on
I feel so wrong
I don't belong
I got so used to just hanging on


The rest of the night I was dreading going home in the next few days. We all went back to Marque and Airins apartment, except for Mike and Ian, for a little final show after-party. We couldn't go to a bar because Marque and I were still underage. And, also, Airin and Marque had vegan, yes vegan, beer at their apartment. But, they also had the regular beer aswell. We were all sitting in the living room, I was sitting on the floor, leaning up against Joshs legs, who didn't seem to mind, and we were just talking about the tour and how everything went.

"I can't believe tonight was the last night..." I said.

"I know! But it was great being around you all again." Josh smiled.

"It was kind of like old times, except we're all in bands." Airin added.

"Do you remember, Marque you wouldn't, when we were all in Elementary slash middle school?" Keith asked. The people who were around for those days nodded. "I remember I was really good friends with Matt, and Airin had green hair. Oh! And Josh picked on Josline all the time. " Keith said. I frowned.

"He still picks on me." I said.

"Lovingly dear. I lovingly pick on you." Josh added to my statement.

"Why did you even pick on her?" Marque asked. Josh thought for a moment.

"I honestly have no clue why I did!" Josh said. "But it was mean, and I'm sorry Josline."

"Stop saying sorry to me already!" I said, dramatically falling over onto my side. Everyone was silent.

"...Sorry." Josh said again. I looked up at him.

"Smart ass." I laughed.

"You love me." Josh smiled. I had to smile back at him.

"Yeah, yeah, I do."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, you know, I made an interesting connection. The first two lines of the chorus of Alive Again relate to the story! Maybe I should of called the story Alive Again... =P No drama this chapter, but it's coming up real soon!