‹ Prequel: I Can't Be Without You
Sequel: Cross My Heart
Status: Sequel =)

Make This Perfect Again

Heartbeat

I woke up on the couch in Airin and Marques apartment. The sound of my cell phone was the only thing that rang through the house. I knew Airin and Marque had gone out for the night because it was there "5-year-of-being-together" anniversary. I was just taking a nap when my cell phone rang. I rolled off the couch in an attempt to grab it. I grumbled and grabbed the phone that was laying on the ground.

"Yes?" I answered in what I thought was a friendly tone.

"Okay, fine, I won't ask you to go out with me tonight!"

"Huh? Oh, sorry Josh. I just rolled off the couch." I said.

"...Literally rolled off the couch?" Josh asked, sounding slightly confused.

"Yes." I said simply. "Anyways, what do you want?"

"Oh, I wanted to know what you were up to tonight." Josh asked me. I thought for a moment. Airin and Marque were going to be gone for most of the night, and I didn't really want to be alone.

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Airin and Marque are out tonight, so I'm alone." I explained.

"Well, that will not do!" Josh exclaimed. "How about we hang out tonight or something?"

"Well, you know, I was kind of dead-set on doing nothing tonight..." I said sarcastically. "But okay." Josh laughed lightly.

"I'll come get you around 7, okay?"

"That only gives me a half an hour! Okay." I laughed. We hung up and I finally got up off the floor. I walked over to my duffle bag that had all of my clothes in it. I picked out a pair of blue jeans that didn't smell, and a plain long sleeved shirt. Since it was December 3rd, it was getting a bit too chilly to just wear a pair of tights and a t-shirt. I grabbed my toothbrush and started brushing my teeth while walking around the apartment. My phone started ringing in my back pocket. I took it out and flipped it open.

"Hello?" I mumbled with the toothbrush in my mouth.

"Jaws, what are you doing?" Airin asked me. I took the toothbrush out of my mouth.

"Brushing my teeth." I said walking over to the sink and spitting the residue into it.

"Oh, okay. I just wanted to know how you were doing." Airin said. "I mean, you're alone tonight, and I feel bad leaving you there." I smiled at my brother. Atleast he was kind enough to check up on me.

"Aw, it's fine Airin. It's your 5 year anniversary. You deserve a night." I said. "Besides, I found something to do."

"Oh?" Airin questioned.

"Yeah, Josh invited me to hang out with him." I said. Airin was silent for a few seconds.

"You sure it's not a date, Jaws?" Airin snickered. I felt my face go read, but was glad Airin couldn't see that.

"Yes, I'm sure! He specifically said 'hang out'." I said using air-quotes, even though Airin couldn't see them.

"Okay...you believe that. You gonna be home tonight or not?" Airin snickered again.

"If I wont, I'll text you." I said. "Now let me finish brushing my teeth." I laughed. Airin and I said goodbye to one another and hung up. I finished brushing my teeth and then threw my hair up in a messy, but some-what respectable pony-tail. Just as I sat down, there was a knock at the door. I huffed and got back up. I walked over to the door and looked out the peep hole best I could. The peep hole was positioned for tall people. Not for tiny girls like me. I opened the door to reveal Josh. He was smiling brightly at me. There was something a little different about Josh, and I couldn't quite place it.

"Holy sweet Jesus." Josh said, looking at me.

"What?" I asked, looking down at my clothes.

"I have never not seen you wearing skinny jeans or a pair of tights." Josh said.

"Too cold for that shit." I laughed a little bit. Then, it hit me. What was different about Josh that is.

"Josh! Did you bathe some time today?" I asked, a little shocked. I walked up to him and sniffed his exposed shirt from underneath his jacket. "And your shirt! It's CLEAN!" I stepped back from him. "What have you done with MY Josh?" I said, diving behind the opened door. I peeked out from behind it, just revealing my forehead, bridge of my nose and my eyes.

"I bathed him. Now can we go?" Josh laughed, holding out his hand. I looked at his hand. I turned around and grabbed my jacket. I put it on and took Josh's hand. I locked the door with the spare key Airin had given me and we walked down the hallway, my hand still in Josh's.

"So, what do you have planned for us Ramsay?" I asked playfully.

"Well, Jaulby," Josh snickered, "I thought, if you hadn't had anything to eat yet, we could go get some pizza." I nodded and we got outside. Josh opened the passenger side door for me, and I was starting to remember our first date with one another. It was a sweet reminder of the past.

The whole "date", Josh acted very gentlemanly. I suspected something was up with him, but I forgot about it by the time Josh had taken me to get ice cream after the pizza.

"Josh, it's too cold for ice cream!" I said when we walked into the Kokopelli Cafe.

"So? You drink hot chocolate in the summer. What's so different about ice cream in the winter?" Josh asked. There weren't many people in the cafe, so it was fairly quiet. We walked up to the counter and ordered our ice cream. We sat down at a little table away from the other people.

"So, when are you going back home?" Josh asked me.

"Probably in a day or so. Why?" I asked, taking a bite of ice cream.

"Just wondering. Hey, why don't you move back to Vancouver? You did tell me that you were lonely in Kelowna." Josh said. I caught the subtle hint he was trying to send my way. Josh wanted me to move back to Vancouver.

"I don't think I could afford a place in Vancouver. Marque and Airin don't have enough room for me, I don't like Keith's fiance...and I dont want to live in your parents basement Josh." I laughed slightly. Josh frowned slightly.

"It's not that bad..." Josh and I laughed. We were quiet for a little bit. Then, Josh started to laugh. I looked at him, a little startled by the sudden laughter.

"What?" I asked, still confused. Josh moved over to the chair closest to me (we were sitting at a four-person table.

"You've got...ice cream on your nose." Josh snickered.

"New fashion statement." I said. Josh smiled and leaned over in the chair. He kissed the tip of my nose, where the ice cream most likely was. When he sat straight up again. I scrunched up my face. "Why'd you do that?" I whined.

"Because...you have a cute nose?" I couldn't keep a straight face. I started to giggle madly, and I felt like my 16 year old self again. Once I stopped giggling, I looked at Josh and smiled. He smiled back and he stood up, holding out his hand to help me out of the chair. I took it and we walked out of the cafe, still hand in hand.

I was liking the idea of moving back to Vancouver...
♠ ♠ ♠
Heartbeat - Stereo Skyline Check it.
I was trying to go for something real sweet and touching. I dont know how well I captured that. And sorry for the lameness of the chapter. Updates are going to be a little bit slower now.
By the way, my loyal subjects (as you can see, I am KING Marcy now), I have a new story up called "Pushed Too Far" and I'd really appreciate it if you'd check it out and possibly comment on it!
And speaking of being pushed too far, I just wanted to say that if you, or anyone you know is being bullied, SAY SOMETHING! I lost a dear and close friend/family member because of how badly he was being bullied. Bullying is a horrible thing to do to someone. So stand up for your self, or for people who can't stand for themselves.
I love you with all my heart Cody. This ones for you buddy <3