‹ Prequel: I Can't Be Without You
Sequel: Cross My Heart
Status: Sequel =)

Make This Perfect Again

Driving Home.

December seemed to go by faster than what I would have liked. It was a few days before Christmas, and, like usual, I was fighting with the Christmas wrapping. Airin and Marque were planning on coming to get me so we could go to my parents house for Christmas. Jazz, who had moved to Vancouver to live with Matt, was coming home, and bringing Matt along with her. The Jaulby's, the Baxter's, and the singular Webb, were all going to be one big family again.

I pulled the tape off my finger for the 5th time while trying to wrap Jazz's present. I attempted to stick it to the package, but it curled over and stuck to my finger yet again. I tore the tape off and lamely threw it onto the ground. I huffed and let go of the corner I was trying to tape down. I looked around my messy living room floor and grabbed the roll of duct tape. I ripped off a small piece and stuck it to the corner of the present. I smiled at the duct tape and then realized I was finished wrapping my presents. I gathered them all up and put them in a separate duffle bag so they were more portable. Once I had zipped it up, I heard a knock at my door, I stood up, my knees cracking on me.

"Oh Jesus, I'm getting old." I said to myself as I stood up straight, stretching my arms back. I exhaled and walked towards the door, twisting the handle to open it. It revealed Marque and Airin both bundled up in winter jackets and hats. Airin had on fingerless gloves, because he was most likely driving. "Aww, look at you two in your matching hats!" I giggled.

"Oh, yes, that is so funny Josline." Marque said, putting his arms around me in a hug. He let go of me and I turned to Airin, who flung his arms around me.

"I missed you sis!" Airin said, not letting me go.

"I missed you too Airin, but you're going to be seeing me for a week. You don't have to crush me!" I laughed. Airin let go of me and appologized sheepishly. "How was the drive?" I asked, letting the two of them in, so the chill winter air wouldn't freeze my house.

"I forgot what driving through heavy snow was like!"Airin grumbled.

"He nearly drove into a snowbank four times." Marque said, taking off his hat briefly to mess up his hair. He had recently done something with it. I noticed it was a bit shorter than the last time I saw him, which was the day I left Vancouver after the tour. By the end of the tour, Marque's hair had gotten to the point that I could barely see his face.

"Really? Four times?" I asked, putting on my jacket.

"No, the car hit tiny patches of ice every so often. At one point, we had to stop and wait for it to stop snowing."Airin said.

"Is it really snowing that badly out there?" I asked, sliding on my boots.

"Eh, not really. Just not used to driving in snow right now. I have never driven back to BC in the winter." He said. I just smiled and picked up my bags. We put the bag with my clothes into the back, and the bag with the presents next to me in the back seat. I dozed on and off every few minutes, but would wake up when a new song started playing on the ipod we had plugging into the auxilary cord in the car.

"Ugh! Finally!" Airin exclaimed when we pulled up into mom and dad's driveway. "I'm going straight for a nap!" Airin killed the engine of the car and turned around in his seat to try to wake up Marque. Me and him had switched seats about half way through the drive so he could sleep. Marque ended up feeling a little sick, and he couldn't sleep in the front seat. Marque was startled awake and looked around. He looked around and noticed that the car had stopped, and that we were back in Salmo. Airin got out of the car and opened Marques door for him, helping him out. I got out of the car myself and walked up to the front door, leaving Marque and Airin alone for a little bit. I really admired that Airin was CONSTANTLY there for Marque, even if it was the slightest little thing, like Marque being sick.

WIthout even knocking, I opened the door to the house. "I'm home!" I called out. I walked further into the entrance way. I forgot just how big my old house was. It took about 3 months to build, and my dad had bought the property a long time before we moved to Salmo. I saw mom's face appear from the living room. She dropped all the papers she was holding, and nearly ran towards me. She flung her arms around me in a tight hug.

"I thought you weren't coming home for Christmas!" Mom said, once she let me go.

"Well, what else am I going to do?" I laughed, hugging mom once again.

It was damn good to be home again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, sorry for taking so long. Had one of the worst 2 weeks ever. :/
Anyways, be stoked for a Josh chapter pretty soon, if not the next one. :D