‹ Prequel: I Can't Be Without You
Sequel: Cross My Heart
Status: Sequel =)

Make This Perfect Again

Worry-Wart

It was about a week after Josline had moved to Vancouver, and everything seemed to be going alright with her. She seemed much happier being in Vancouver than Kelowna, but, then again, she really had no one else in Kelowna to be happy with. Atleast, now that she was around Josh, she might of started to be a little bit more fun.

I was sitting on the floor of my living room, staring at my computer screen. I had a blank page up, and I didn't know what to write on it. Finally, an idea clicked into my head. I started writing about a girl who moves to a city from a small town, and then starts to get into all heaps of trouble. After I stared at the two paragraphs I had written, I realized that it was a bad idea, and erased it all.

Writing had never been my forte. Sure, I had high marks in English class, but I was never any good at writing stories. They always tended to have an obscure plot line, or someone had already written something very close to that. Marque, on the other hand, he could ramble off original plots and characters like he had them stored up in some kind of weird memory box. It was one way that I was jealous of him.

I finally shut off my computer, becoming frustrated with not being able to think of anything to write down. I closed the laptop and pushed it over to the side where the couch was. I, however, stayed in my spot on the floor. I sat with my face in my hands and I just stared at the floor. I didn't even look up when Marque walked through the door with the groceries.

"Airin? Can you help me with these?" Marque asked, walking into the kitchen. I remained unresponsive. "Airin?" I heard Marque say again. His footsteps got louder as he walked towards me, then he stopped infront of me. He kneeled down and tried to get my attention. "Baby, what's wrong?" He asked. I looked up at him, slightly just realizing he was there.

"Oh, nothing." I said. Marque frowned at me, obviously not believing me.

"Airin, you know that I know better than that." Marque said. "I may only be 19, but I'm pretty damn smart when it comes to reading your mind." He added. Marque kissed my forehead and sat down infront of me. "Now, come on. Tell me what's up."

"There's just something...that doesn't feel right about Jaws moving here." I explained.

"What do you mean?" Marque asked.

"I just feel like something is going to happen, and I don't know what, but I know something is." I sighed, running a hand through my hair. Marque listened intently. One thing that I really liked about Marque, he was a listener.

"Does this have anything to do about her and Josh?" Marque asked. How he could read my scrambled mind, it was amazing. I just nodded. "What is it about her and Josh that makes you worried?" Marque was starting to sound like a pyschiatrist.

"I..." I couldn't think of the words I wanted to use. I knew what I wanted to say, but I didn't know how to say it. I layed back at looked at the ceiling.

"You're scared Josh is going to hurt her again?" I lifted my head slightly, so I could look at Marque.

"How the fuck do you do that?" I asked him.

"I've known you since I was 15, I'm getting pretty good at understand the language of Airin Jaulby." Marque chuckled. "But honestly, AIrin, you have nothing to worry about." Marque said.

"I know I shouldn't be worried, but I am. It's happened once before, what if it's going to happen again? I just feel like Josh is hiding something from her." I sighed again. Marque smiled lightly at me. Marque crawled over top of me, resting his head on my chest.

"You're just a big worry-wart." Marque said. I laughed a little bit. It was true, I was. When Jaws had hurt herself when she fell off the stage a few years back, I was constantly worried about her.

"Yeah, what of it?" I laughed again.

"I like it." Marque said. "You're a good brother Airin." Marque scooched himself up a little bit more so he could kiss me. I was still amazed at how I ever had the luck to still be with Marque. Yes, we fought sometimes, but at the end of the day, we knew that we loved eachother. "And if you ever stop being a good brother to Jaws, I will have to smack you silly." Marque laughed. I smiled at him and wrapped my arms around him. We layed on the floor for a few minutes before Marque tried to wiggle his way out from under my arms.

"Where do you think you're going?" I laughed, rolling over onto my stomach and grabbing his ankle. Marque looked down at me and rolled his eyes. He easily shook his foot out of my grip.

"I'm going to put away the groceries." Marque said.

"Why?" I whined. Marque laughed.

"I don't want the milk to go warm." Marque said, walking into the kitchen. I made a disgusted face, and got up off the floor.

"That would be rather unfortunate." I said. I grabbed my sweater off the couch and walked into the kitchen to help put everything away. We put all the groceries in near silence, except for when Marque couldn't reach a shelf to put something on it. Marque was built just like my sister, small, but fiesty. Marque was about 4 inches taller than Jaws, but I was still taller then them all. I stood about 6'4" to 6'7". I wasn't quite sure how tall I was, but I knew I was tall.

I mostly forgot about Josh and Josline most of the night. Marque and I made spaghetti, one of the only few things Marque could make, and that I would eat. I hadn't been eating much of anything, due to the stress of writing the new album, the stress of keeping the band website up, and the clothing website up, and the stress of finding the courage to propse to Marque.

I was not a romantc creature. I was simple, and liked the plain things. I did not know how to even BE romantic to someone else, because I was always a little too crazy to actually sit down and think about things like that. I was a simple being, with simple interests, even though it didn't seem like it.

Marque and I watched movies after dinner. It was what we normally did, but we had a large movie collection to choose from. However, we always liked watching Accepted, Mrs Doubtfire, Underworld, or any Disney-Pixar movie. We had fallen into a routine that I was liking. Even though we had the same routine almost every day, I loved it. I had faced so much change in the past four to five years.They say that change keeps you on your toes. Well, if that's the case, then I should be a fucking ballerina.
♠ ♠ ♠
thought I needed to throw a little Airin into the mix =)