‹ Prequel: I Can't Be Without You
Sequel: Cross My Heart
Status: Sequel =)

Make This Perfect Again

High Life Scenery

Colbie did infact break his hand, so we had to call off the last two shows. We refunded every one's tickets, and we were all deeply sorry about it.On the upside, that meant more down time.

Jason drove us to Salmo before taking himself and Keith back to Vancouver. Good ol' Salmo. My parents still lived in the old house there. The town hadn't changed much in 4 years. The same highschool was still there, the roads still had the exact same potholes in the exact same spots. It was nice to know that it hadn't changed.

Marque had gone to visit his dad and Samantha. My mom was very proud that she had managed to find Chris a wife. Sam and Chris ended up getting married the year Marque graduated. Jazz cried, Marque nearly cried, my mom cried, Airin was zoned most of the day (wedding's were never his thing), my dad was just like Airin, zoned. I was half way between crying and zoned.

When Airin knocked on the door to our old house, and my mom opened the door, she spazzed, and glomped, yes, my mom GLOMPED Airin.

"Oh my gosh! My babies are back home!" Mom practically screeched in Airins ear. "I'm so happy to see you!" Mom let go of Airin and looked at me. "Oh! Josline! You look so grown up!" Mom locked me in her steal-grip hug. Mom brought us inside, and I was happy to see that the house hadn't changed. Dad was sitting in his usual place at the dining room table reading his news paper. Dad got up when he saw me and Airin walk into the house. Dad hugged Airin first. It was scary how much they looked a like. They were both tall, had the same facial structure, had similar laugh lines and their eyes were the EXACT same shape and colour. Airin could easily pull off as my dads body double. The only think that set them apart was that Airin had blue hair. Dad then walked over to me and gave me a hug.

"It's so nice to see you dad!" I said when I let go of him.

"I missed you kiddo." Dad said to me.

"Not as much as I missed them!" Mom said. Airin and I looked at mom, then at dad. We were waiting for dad's reply.

"Yeah, well, we're all gonna die. But I got a helmet." Dad said, and with that, he walked into hallway and disapeared for a few seconds, before returning with a Hello Kitty helmet.

"Damn...he DOES have a helmet!" Airin said, causing mass laughter between all of us.

It was good to be home.

I had told my parents I was going to go see some other old friends. Mom had driven me to John's house (he was never going to leave Salmo. I just knew it), and she was telling me the entire drive that I should get my licence. I knew how to drive, and I was good at it, I just never went to go get my licence. I told my mom I would think about it. I walked up to Johns house, the one he also lived in while growing up (his parents and sister had moved away, John stayed in the house). I knocked on the white door and waited. I heard footsteps, John had always walked like he was stomping his feet, and then the door opened.

"Josline!" John locked me in a hug, which I returned. He let go of me and led me inside the house. I sat down on one of the couches, John sat next to me, putting his arm around my shoulder. "I missed you." John said, kissing my forehead.

"Missed you too." I replied. "So, how are things?" I asked. John went into detail about work,and about his friends, Sam, Austin and Doug, who I all went to school with. Sam dated my best friend, Mariah through most of grade 9, until she ran away. Austin...oh Austin, he had to be one of the biggest rednecks I had ever met. He always told me that he 'solved global warming' or that he was 'going to run for Prime Minister and fix this country'. He was always a good laugh to have around. Doug was...some one you could see as a crazy murderer when he got older. Doug was one of the quietest people in school for a while. Then, one day, he started to 'come out of his shell'. Me and Doug would have constant battles over everything. I called him a superdouche most of the time, but he was a good guy, and rather funny. He would often have little 'dance breaks' in the middle of class, and it was amusing to watch.

"What about you? How's the tour?" John asked me.

"Oh, we had to cancel the last two shows because Colbie broke his hand. But it was amazing. I met so many great people and the crowds were really great." I smiled. John smiled too.

"Do you plan on going back on tour any time soon?" He asked me. I thought for a moment, just remembering the offer to tour with Marianas Trench.

"Uh...yeah. I do, in September." I said.

"Oh, with who?" John asked. I wondered if I should tell him or not. I didn't know how John still felt about Josh, or if he even remembered who he was.

"Marianas Trench." I said.

"Doesn't ring a bell." I should have shut my mouth right there.

"Oh, it's the band that Matt and Josh are..." I stopped myself, looking at the floor. It was silent for a few minutes.

"Josh? Josh as in your ex-boyfriend Josh?" John asked, his arm lifetd from my shoulders. I nodded my head slightly. John scoffed, "Oh, that should be fun." I looked at him, he was leaning up against the back of the couch, the cockiness starting to leach through.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You know I don't like Josh." John started, "Do you think I'd be comfortable with this tour?"

"John, I haven't seen Josh in four years. I highly doubt he still likes me. He probably has a girlfriend!" I said, getting a little frustrated. I got up from the couch. "See, John, this is one thing I don't like about you. You get insanely jealous when I talk about other guys. ESPECIALLY Josh." I started to walk towards the door.

"Josline, I'm not jealous!" John said, I turned on my heel.

"Then what are you? Are you trying to make my life miserable?" John looked speechless. I rolled my eyes. "I'll call you later. Maybe." I said the last word a bit venomously. I walked down the pathway of Johns house and got out onto the highway. I looked to see if there were any cars, and I quickly ran across to the other side of the road. I began my walk back to my parents house. I passed a familiar house on my walk. I stopped infront of the house and smiled. It was the house Josh used to live in. I had never been inside the house much, but what I remembered of it was rather nice.

I took my phone out of my pocket and scrolled through my contacts. I hit the call button and the phone started to ring.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Josh? It's Josline. About that tour..."