‹ Prequel: I Can't Be Without You
Sequel: Cross My Heart
Status: Sequel =)

Make This Perfect Again

The First Show Part One

The August month had gone by extremely fast. Mariah had stayed with me the whole time, and she even agreeg to be our merch girl during the tour, well, atleast for a few shows.
We had retired the camper, because when Jason and Keith were driving back, it broke down. So we had to get a van. Great, 4 guys and 2 girls all crammed into one van? Pleasant.

The first show we played with Marianas Trench was in Kelowna at the Habitat. There were always great acts there, and I enjoyed going to see them there.
Keith , Jason,Marque and Airin showed up the night before the show was planned. Airin had basically attacked Mariah in a hug when he saw her.

"Oh, Rye! It's been so long!" Airin said. Mariah was laughing uncontroably. Airin let go of her and smiled. "Oh! Mariah, " Airin led Mariah to meet the others. "This is Keith, mine and Josline's cousin." Airin said.

"Hello Keith." Mariah said politely.

"Why hello there." Keith said, shaking her hand.

"This is Jason, the driver of the van." Mariah and Jason shook hands. Then Airin got to Marque. "And this...is Marque, my boyfriend." Marque flushed a little shade of pink.

"Boyfriend? I didn't know you were..." Mariah stopped herself. Airin just smiled at her.

"No, no. I'm bisexual though." Mariah nodded and then turned pink aswell. I laughed slightly.

"Okay, guys...I don't really have enough room for you guys to stay here..." I started. Jason, his hair was sticking up in a mohawk today, spoke up.

"I can always got check into that motel." Jason said.

"Yeah, if you do, I'll go with you." Keith said.

"I'd like to stay here, if that's alright with you Jaws." Marque asked me. I nodded.

"Yeah, me too." Airin said.

"Oh, I..." Airin placed his hand over my mouth,the only sounds were muffled swear words at my brother. He finally let his hand off my mouth. "Okay, well, you guys know where I live..." Keith and Jason smiled and said they'd catch us later. It was late, and Marque was starting to look tired. I pulled cushions off my chairs and set them down on the floor for Marque. He was small, like me, but still a litter taller. Airin was comfortable sleeping anywhere, so he threw a bunch of blankets on the floor next to Marque. Mariah curled up on the couch and locked the door and headed into my room. I I closed my door and turned on the small desk lamp by my bed. I changed into my pajamas. I crawled into my bed, not turning the light off. I just stared at the door. I curled myself up into a small ball. I saw my door handle twist, and the door was pushed open. Airin walked over to the other side of my bed and hopped into it, making his way under my covers. He wrapped his arm around my waist in a brotherly way.

"What, Marque not doing it for you?" I laughed lightly, incase people had already fallen asleep.

"He always does, but that's not why I'm here." Airin said.

"Well, what do you want?"

"You seemed a little sad tonight." He said. I was taken-back that he thought that. I, infact, was a little sad, but I didn't think that I had showed it.

"What makes you think that?" I asked, shifting around so I could look at Airin.

"Brotherly instinct." He smiled. I smiled a little bit. "What's bothering you?"I sighed a little bit, not really wanting to tell Airin about my lonesomness. But there was also the upcoming tour. I would be spending time with Josh, and I was scared of it, even though I had no clue why. Airin sat up in the bed and looked at me. "To be perfectly honest, I still prefer Josh over John." With that, Airin got out of the bed and walked out of my room. How he did that, I would never know.

We were hanging around the Habitat waiting to go on. We were taking a few pictures with everybody that was there. Jason waved at us, saying everything was good to go. We got up onto the little stage, I took a seat behind the drum set. We decided that Airin was going to play guitar for a few songs that night. We started our first song.

Take my hand and let it go.
We can't have any regrets tonight.
Don't worry about what other people say,
just gotta be faster than the rest.
This is for you, tonight.
From me, to you.

So come on get up, get up.
Don't hold back, dont let us down.
Nothing can break you, nothing can hold you down.

We ended the song and Airin started to talk to the crowd a little bit. "Hey guys! How is everyone?" There was mild cheering. "You excited for Marianas Trench?" Louder cheering. "We've known those guys since highschool, and they..." Airin was cut off my Keith swearing. I looked around the cymbals to see Keith miserably staring at a broken guitar string.

"What...what kind of fuckery is this?" He exclaimed. There was some laughter. I myself laughed.

"Keith, language!" I said into the microphone set up so I could sing while on the drums too.

"Oh, shut up you pain in my ass." Keith said while trying to fix his guitar.

"Well, that wasn't very nice of you." I said.

"Both of you shut up, I was talking!" Airin said, recieving a few laughs. Airin turned back to the small crowd and kept on talking to them.

Keith had finally finished fixing his guitar. I had been playing guitar and singing for a few songs. "Okay, so this is the last song for now..." some boo's. "I guess I wrote this song back in high school. I knew this really great guy who meant the world to me, but things just turned sour. But this song is anything but that. It's about the good things that happened." We started to play our song Above Me.

So high, flying up high.
Nothing can bring us down.
They say, we're never going to make it.
Out of this mess, from this life.
But everything is not what it seems.

We're gonna break it down, break it up.
Leave it all behind.
The suns going to shine on us, because we're never giving up.
Because with your arms above me, I can see forever.
Arms above me, I only see you.

With the last sweet word you ever spoke.
I knew it could be.
I loved your laugh, I loved your smile.
My heart stopped beating,
whenever you were here, whenever you were gone.

We ended the song and got off stage. We started to take some more pictures and sign autographs after we had gotten cleaned up. Marque and Airin had dissapeared for a few seconds before coming back to talk to the fans. I sat back behind the merch table with Mariah talking to her, taking pictures with people, or signing something.

Then, Marianas Trench got on the stage.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I lied, no drama in this one. Next one, possibly?