Status: Updated; December 20th, 2009

Open Field

Prologue

"Now, now! What do we have here?" Mrs. Jefferson asked, looking at us with a stern glare. We all started to speak at once, but stopped. "Well, what were you guys doing?" she asked again, eying us. I looked around and everyone just looked down.

"I did it, I asked them if they wanted to ditch graduation with me. So punish me, not them." They all gasped, while I sighed, looking at my hideous graduation gown. "I'm sorry, I just don't like the fact we're all leaving, & I wanted to spend our last day here hanging around the school with my friends." All that I said, lies.

"I trust Ara, but you're a valedictorian, I'm appalled. What happened?" she asked me. I shrugged. "Okay, ladies & gentlemen, you won't be punished. I see you guys will miss this school. But please take a seat." We all nodded, and she walked away. I held in my laughter until she turned onto another hall.

"Nice Ara! You know you didn't have to lie! But that was epic, we should do this more often!" Lauren grinned, and high-fived me. "Oh wait, last day in high school.." she sighed, "Promise me that all of us will still be best friends no matter what? And we'll stick together like our years from first grade to senior year?"

Our group laughed, and nodded. "Yes. I promise," we all said, smiling and hugging each other.

&&&

"Thank you everyone for coming here today to experience these students most memorable day in their life. Please stick around to say your goodbyes or leave from...." Mrs. Jefferson instructed, her eyes scanning the crowd, probably looking for our group.

"Lauren, Krista, Vanessa, Reiley, Kodhai! Where are you guys at?" I called out for my beloved best friends, looking through people. I tippy-toed and tried to look for them.

"Ara! Over here!" a familiar voice said.

I followed it and found them. "Guys! I mean girls!" I hugged each one of them. "I'm going to miss all of you so much," I said, looking at each of their sad and happy faces. I started tearing up. "I can't believe we're done."


Months have passed by since that day, can't say I'm happy with my life now. I had to give a lot up every since high school. My life is pretty shocking, just a few months ago I was a senior, now I'm a fashion designer's assistant.

I still talk to my friends, but I don't see them that often anymore. Being an assistant to one of New York's most wealthiest and known designer is still pretty amazing, but I can never do anything. Life can be good, it can also be boring, but mine is good, I'm just missing something.

Something I really need.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yup, there you have it.
It's for Ara (:
Just comment && subscribe, the links are up there :]