Status: short story, complete

I Could Get Used To This

I love you.

A dozen roses arrive
What a perfect surprise


I tossed and turned all night, nerves eating away at my mind. What if something comes up and he can't come? I gave up when 5am rolled around and got out of bed. I'd be spending my early hours at the Library.
A few hours later, and I was home. I rubbed at my eyes in desperation. The book I'd chosen was no where near my standards, much to amateur. The writing style was one of a teenagers, simple sentences. No real description. I tossed it on the couch and sighed. I need sleep. I made my way back to my bedroom and froze. On my bed sat a bouquet of pink roses. I quickly picked them up, searching for a card.

I can't wait to see you. One more week.

I smiled, tears in my eyes. There was no doubt in my mind that I'd see him. Seven more days until then. I think I can handle it.

You think I look the best
When my hair is a mess


I found myself in the basement 2 days later. I was going through all our old things. The stuff our parents had refused to get rid of. I pulled a picture out from the bottom of one of the boxes and laughed. My hair was completely messed up, going in directions hair shouldn't be able to. I looked tired, but my eyes held excitement. Joe was kissing my cheek. I remember laughing, and begging his mom to delete the picture. I'm glad she didn't. I smiled; Joe always love when my hair was a mess. He said I looked like an angel. Yeah, I never understood it either.

You wrote my name all across your hand

"What are you doing?" I asked, staring at him in curiousity. He had stolen my marker, and was now doing something to his hand.

"You'll see." Nearly 10 minutes later, and he showed off his master piece. My name was everywhere. I smiled. "Now everyone will know you're mine!" He grinned.


When I freak you understand

"What do you mean another two weeks, Joe?"

"I'm sorry, Katy."

"This isn't fair! You told me one more week!"

"It was sudden. I'm sorry." He heard me sniffle and sighed. "It's okay, I love you. Calm down. We've made it this far, haven't we?"

"I guess." His voice had calmed down instantly.

There is not a thing you miss

"Don't cry, Katy. The time will fly by. I promise."

"H-How'd you know I was crying?"

"I can tell." He grew silent for a moment, talking to someone else. "Look, uh, I gotta go."

"Okay." I sighed. "I love you."

"I love you, too." I heard the smile in his voice. "Bye." I chucked the phone at the wall, annoyed. The week was almost up, and guess what? I got a phone call. A phone call about the tour extending another week. I screamed into my pillow. Dating a celebrity wasn't easy. Suddenly, I heard the loud strumming of a guitar from outside. I sat up, looking out the window. My breath hitched.

"Now that I've got your attention." He said, strumming the guitar more softly. I was running down the stairs before his sentence had finished. "Hello beautiful, how's it goin? I hear it's wonderful in California." Quickly, he tossed the guitar over to someone on the side. I didn't bother looking over. I pounced, falling to the ground in his arms.

"What are you doing here?"

"What? You thought I'd actually let them extend the tour? Ye of little faith." I laughed. "I love you, Katy."

"I love you too, Joe." He pressed his lips softly to mine. I smiled against his lips.

I could get used to this.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D Hee.