Status: Complete!!

All I Wanted

Recreation.

(Dakota.)

I woke up the next day alone in my bed. I wondered silently how I’d gotten in bed. I didn’t even remember getting out of the tub.

I swung my feet off the edge of the bed, onto the soft carpet. I felt a little woozy when I stood but carried on to the hallway. From there I heard rustling which meant that Sky was doing something. I continued downstairs, not finding Sky in the living room but the kitchen.

“Are you always cooking?” I asked.

He gasped and spun around. He box in his hand strayed pancake mix on the floor.

“Oops.” he mumbled.

I laughed airily.

“How are you feeling? Do you have any water in your lungs?” he came over to me and cupped my cheek in his hand.

“What?” I asked. Why would I have water in my lungs?

“You don’t remember?” he asked peering into my eyes.

I shook my head.

“Well you fell asleep in the tub last night.”

I pondered this. I guess I really had. I didn’t remember getting out of the tub at all though.

“How did I get in bed?”

“I put you there.” he turned back to the pancake mix on the counter.

WHAT?! “I-uh…s-so I was…Ummm. I wasn’t clothed, was I?”

“Nope. I put you in your jammies.”

“Oh.”

That’s not embarrassing at all.

“So,” he spoke, “I was thinking that we could go hang out. Out side of the house maybe,” he suggested.

“Umm…s-sure I guess.”

“Get dressed then,” he mumbled.

Wonder what we’re doing?

~~~~~

“This is horrible.” I squawked.

“Come on. You’ll get used to it. Just bend your legs a little and push,” he commanded lightly.

“No. I swear I’m gonna end up bleeding by the end of this excursion,” I replied.

“You’ll be fine. Hold onto me if you need to.”

I grabbed his right bicep with both of my hands, to steady myself. My legs were so wobbly I could barely hold myself up. Sky was standing strong though. I crashed into his side, clumsily, a few times, but he still stayed straight. I gripped the wall next to me so hard my knuckles turned white.

Oh, I bet you’re wondering what we’re doing. Sky thought it’d be a great idea to go ice skating.

“Sky. Please take me home. My ankles hurt,” I whined.

“Just a little bit more,” he hummed.

I sighed. It was hard to be frustrated with him. I knew there were so many reasons for him to be angry with me. Like the fact that I burdened him with my problems. And I didn’t reciprocate his feelings. And I made him worry that I drowned in my bathtub.

It was also hard to be mad at him because he looked so damn sexy. He wore tight ass, dark blue skinnys. They had a cute chain with feathers on them. He had on a tight Superman t-shirt. Over it he had on a blue and black plaid coat. To top it off he wore a bright blue studded belt. I think he likes blue. He had on blue and black DCs before we put on skates.

Me on the other hand, I wore all black. Head to toe. Just the way I liked it.

Anyway, back to skating. I was struggling. Sky…wasn’t. He’s like a fucking pro. That’s why I just clung to him. He saved me every time I was going to fall. If I were him, I’d let me bust my face open. But Sky’s too nice for that.

“What ‘cha thinkin’ ‘bout?” he asked.

“Just…things,”like you. “So how are you so good at skating?” I switched topics.

“Deano and I used to go all the time. We had a rink two blocks from our house.” he said.

“Oh. That’s cool. Were you two close?”

He cleared his throat, like he didn’t know if it was in his best interest to answer. “Yes.”

“What happened?” I tried to delve deeper into his psyche.

“Just, someone came in between us.”

What? Like who?

I looked at him questioningly.

He hmmed “Maybe I should tell you. It’s only fair.”

I nodded hesitantly. I noticed we had stopped on the side of the rink. I still gripped his arm.

“Well back in New York, I’d met a boy. We met at school. He was really sweet to me. I’d grown to fall head over heals with him. It was before I was really ‘out’. Well, one night he snuck over. We’d been dating for a while. He convinced me to have sex with him.” He paused. I really don’t think he wanted to continue. I rubbed his arms. “Later I found out that, before he came to my room, he was with Deano. I think you can guess what I mean.”

My arms wove around his waist. My head was a close to his neck as my body would allow. “I’m so sorry.”

“It’s ok. I’m…over it. But Deano, he just won’t let it go. Now no matter who I look at or talk to, he’s all over them. Just like with you. He can see that I care about you, so he wants to take you from me.”

My arms moved to his neck. I pulled him down a little to match my height. “Never.” I whispered.

He smiled. “Good.”

I gulped as I realized our proximity. Our breath was ghosting over each other’s lips. I swear I could feel our eye lashes touch. I might just be imagining things though. He smiled again and whispered against my lips “Does that mean that you actually like me?”

The sputtering fish reared its ugly face again. My mouth was agape, random syllables escaping left and right. Why can’t I just answer this fucking question?

His face fell and his head hung, ashamed.

He turned around and began to skate away, “I knew you never would.”

I stumbled after him. Say it! Just say it! “But I do!”

I swear it happened in slow motion after that. I tried to move towards him, forgetting about the skates, and waved until I felt myself falling forward. Sky’s arms shot out around me but I had already pushed him into a wobble. He tried to put his body between mine and the ice, but my head had already hit ground.

My vision swirled and dots blinded my vision. The wind left my lungs when Sky landed on them.

“Dakota!” Sky shouted.

My head pounded against the noise. “Shh..”

“It’s ok.” he whispered. He slid his warm hand under my neck to lift my head up. “You aren’t bleeding.”

Thank God.

He hoisted me up in his arms. “Let’s get you home.”

I nodded slowly. Damn, my head really hurt.

"Well, I knew you wouldn’t bleed.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Skating Outfits
I just like using that site now that i know how to. lol.
Anywho. Do you like the new layout. I found that i really couldn't read the last one. But i'm never really reading my own stuff anyway. But if you want me to change it back, say so.
I feel depressed cause the last chap only got one comment.
Oh.Glory. ILY.