Forever Is Fine

Five.

The snow was still coming down and Destery still sat at her desk watching the kids play. Her foot tapped nervously against the floor while her eyes darted towards the mailbox. It was already two o'clock in the afternoon and the mailman still hadn't came. Destery moaned in desperation, "Just come already!"

Knowing what Destery was so excited to get, Alex laughed at her; it was good to see her daughter so anxious over something other than her school work, "Honey, I doubt the mail will even come today. It's a snowing really bad outside and the roads are covered. Why don't you come and get some hot chocolate."

"Do you think he even wrote back?" Destery asked her mother, completely ignoring the remark she had just made. Destery wanted to see if he would write back, she wanted to hear his story and be able to connect with someone that William had talked to.

"If he doesn't he's a fool." Watching Destery press her face to the glass, Alex chuckled and turned back into the kitchen. Alex knew Destery had never had a boyfriend. She was to focused on her school work and achieving everything. Destery just didn't have time and now that some boy was writing to her; even if it was a message for his best friend, Alex was happy that Destery was so anxious to hear back from him.

Destery could see Kyle throwing snow balls at the other kids, she could see his breath as he laughed and the snow fall into his hair. If only Destery could be like that. So care-free, so vibrant, so full of life. Why wouldn't the mailman just come already!

Destery huffed and pulled back from the window. What could she do to pass time? Destery tapped her chin and thought. She could always go read a book, or maybe go outside and play, or maybe she could color. That was something she hadn't done in awhile. Destery padded to her room and looked around. Where had she put her coloring books and crayons?
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry for taking this long. :/ Things have been going on and my computers messing up and eww.just a lot of stuff. I hope you like this chapter.