Status: Complete

Alice in Loony Land

chapter 1

I sat in my small white cell quietly. Sure the white padded walls bored me to bits but it was better than another psychologist trying to pry my brain apart. The cell doors were opened suddenly and I did what I do every day, I thrust my arms out in front of me with a maniacal grin and let the guard handcuff me. I'd only been here for about a month but I knew the drill; wake up, eat breakfast, therapy, meds then free time if I was good.

I was led down the hall ways of the Wayward Institution listening happily to the screams and cries of the other patients. Unlike the others I wasn't insane, nope not insane. Consumed by hate and dead set on getting revenge yes, but not insane. Or at least that's what Shirlee used to tell me before the yucky medicine took her away. She used to talk to me everyday and tell me how much Gregory Merrick deserved to die.

I was shoved into the room I liked to call 'The fun house' or, the counseling room and seated in the metal chair across from my new therapist. "Good afternoon Alice." the overly kind women said from across from me. "What's up Doc?" I questioned her with a goofy smile. "My name is is Dr. Brint and I'd very much appreciate you calling me that." She corrected. I shrugged my shoulders at her nonchalantly, "Doesn't matter to me you'll be running for the hills within a week." she nodded her head and scribbled something on the notepad sitting in front of her. "So what do you want to know this time? Why I did it? How I did it? How such a young women could be consumed by enough hatred to kill another human being?" I asked her harshly with my head tilted to the side. "No, I'd like to know about the day your parents and younger sister died."

I smirked at her and shrugged, "As I assumed you would," I stared her straight in the eye before continuing. "I was thirteen when it happened. I had just gotten home from school and I was happier than usual, I got asked out on a date by some guy who's name I can't remember. Both my parents were home as was Mia-" "your little sister?" Dr.Brint asked scribbling more things down. I snarled at her lightly to get her attention and when she looked up I spoke, "I don't very much enjoy being interrupted and if you'd like me to continue telling you this story you will keep your mouth shut and listen!" She nodded and gestured for me to continue.

"I was upstairs doing my home work when the bangs first started. I heard my mom frightened whimpers as they rushed up the stairs to my room. 'What's going on?' I had asked my mother. She told me that bad men where coming in the house and that me and my little sister had to play a game of hide and seek. That's when the first gun shot rang through the house. Little Mia had opened the door and they shot her." My lips were pressed into a straight line and I waited for Miss Brint to look up again, she was writing it down for evaluation. "I rushed to my hiding spot, a secret door in my closet and watched through a crack in the wall. After that there were loud footsteps and a mocking voice called out for my parents."

"They didn't try to hide, my parents. They chose to sit on my bed and hug till the door burst open and three men entered the room. After my parents were both bound they did horrible things. They took turns raping my mother and made my father watch, they even had the nerve to make him fuck her when they were done!" Along with the pain from the memories came rage, when I was little I hadn't realized the extent to which these men tortured my parents.

"They shot both my parents and laughed at there bodies before pouring gas over everything and lighting the place up like a fucking camp fire." My voice had become bitter and as a spat the last to words Miss Brint flinched away instinctively. I smiled at her sadistically and asked a single question, "Do you wish for me to continue my story?"

Miss Brints eyes had grown wide as she stared at me. Oh yeah, she was a newbie probably fresh out of college. I didn't wait for her to make up her mind, I just started talking again. "I got out of the burning house obviously, but the damage was done. I was set on hunting down those men and slaughtering their families as they had done mine. That night was also the first night that Shirlee began to talk to me. She was hateful and always said nasty things about everyone. She's the one that convinced me that revenge was the only way for me to be happy."

"I searched and planned for three long years before I found the men that destroyed my life, His name was Gregory Merrick and the two other men where his eldest sons. He had a wife and two daughters named Jem and Adeline. I staked out their house for months before finally taking action, I wanted everything to go according to plan," I trailed of with a grim smile.

Miss Brint had stopped writing by now and was just staring at me with a look of complete horror, it brought me great pleasure to see her so afraid. "I did have second thoughts, but only in the beginning before anger and hatred had consumed my whole being and I was a puppet to it. but anyway, I planned to sneak into their home and visit the boys rooms first, they were still living with their father. How pathetic. then the girls and Finally the master bedroom where I would kill both Gregory and his beautiful bride Clarrisa in cold blood." I was grinning now, my face completely lit up in glee. My good mood disappeared as I thought of what happened next "My plan went flawlessly until the screams caused the neighbors to call the cops and I was arrested."

I met the eyes of Miss Brint and smiled, "I hoped you enjoyed my story love cause I'm sure that's all you're going to get." Her eyes were wide and her jaw was hanging open unattractively. "You're insane." she whispered quietly. I internally twitched at the accusation but decided to ignore it. "We're all mad here, I'm mad. You're mad." I could tell by the look in her eyes that I had driven her over the precipice that she had been wobbling on. "No. No I'm not insane, not mad at all." she prattled on endless until I cut her off. "You must be, otherwise you wouldn't have come here." I grinned at her horrified face as she stood and ran for the door with me laughing madly behind her.

The guards rushed in and I sighed as they once again cuffed my hands and dragged me to my cell. No free time for me, but on the plus side that one only lasted a day, far to easy for my tastes. Too bad the poor women will never know the real story. The thought sent me into a frenzy of laughter as I once again stared at the white walls of my cell.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is an entry for unsolved mysteries. How About some Quotes contest.
Comments would be lovely :)
Hope you enjoyed it.