Status: active

Vampire Dreams

Ch. 2

"Lenora you have a job?!" my mom asked shocked when I told her that night at the dinner table.

"Yes I do have a job." I said a little irritated.

"I can't believe this! Miss.Gloom and Doom over there can get a job but no one will hire me!" Cora said in a snotty voice.

"I can believe it. I mean who would hire an air head that can only do a cart wheel." I said in the same snotty voice. Cora then glared at me from across and tried to kick me but hit the chair instead.

"Lenora!" my mom said sternly.

"What? She started it." I said now really irritated but smirking in Cora's direction.

I hate eating dinner at the table. Why can't we eat in separate rooms in front of a TV like a normal family? I know why because my mother thinks the dinner table will bring us closer together but all I want to do as soon as I sit down is get as far away from Cora as possible.

"Lenora where are you working?" my mom asked taking some noodles out from the take out box with her chop sticks. Sadly my dad was the cook of the house and since he left we've been cursed with homemade disasters and take out.

"I work at that antique shop in town square." I said taking a shrimp from one of the boxes.

"Why there? Isn't that place about to close?" my mom asked concerned. I slowly started to chew my food.

"Yeah it's about to close but me and the owner made a deal and I'm only working there for a week." I said still chewing my food.

"What deal and how much are you getting paid for only one week?" she asked her for head wrinkled in confusion.

"She said she would give me a bracelet if I worked there for a week." I said nonchalantly.

"What are the hours?" she asked.

"Six to nine." I said grabbing some noodles.

"Oh. Okay just make sure your home by nine thirty." she said going back to her food.

"Okay." I said finishing up my dinner.

"That lady must be real desperate to hire YOU." Cora said in that snotty voice of hers.

That did it.

"Oh really. Jake said you were pretty desperate." I said talking about her ex soccer playing boyfriend.

"Lenora! Go to your room!" my mom said sternly as Cora started her crocodile tears for her 'Jakey'. Ugh!

"Gladly." I said getting up and walking up the stairs to my room. My room had a TV, a DVD player, queen size bed, and a mini fridge. Believe me being sent to my room isn't a punishment. It's a privilege.

~*~

The next day me and Grace walked to school like usual. We got to school and there was the usual stares and glares as I gave the USUAL hand and finger gestures to the glaring passer byes.

Today we had a school Assembly in the auditorium where the principal spoke of the new year and upcoming events. Then the cheerleaders, including Cora, came out to support the sport of this season. It was the worst.

After school me and Grace went over to Franscotty's Pizzeria to eat and do homework. Which consisted of geometry, Calculus, and other displeasure's.

"Hey Nora, I heard you got a job at Mrs.Seed's store." Scott said when he brought Grace and me our usual, sprite and pep-pizza with extra cheese.

"Yea, she's got this really awesome looking bracelet and I have to have it." I said picturing it in my mind.

"Which one?" he asked leaning on the counter.

"It has a black chain with a black bat on it with ruby eyes and fangs." I said dreamily.

"That one! Did she tell you the story behind it?" He asked shocked.

"What story? Tell us!" I said excited.

"Well she told me that the bracelet has been in her family for years but the last person who wore it kept going to sleep more frequently then usual. When the person would wake they would crave the weirdest food like rare meats. Then one day that persons heart just stopped and when it was time for the burial ceremony the body wasn't in its casket. All was left was the bracelet. They say that some nights you could still see that person and that they became a night walker. A vampire." He said spookily.

"Are you serious?!" I asked holding in my breath.

"Dead serious." he said surely.

"That. Is. AWESOME! Now I absolutely HAVE to have that bracelet!" I said happily.

"Scott I seriously hope you didn't think that would stop her because you and I both know that Nora dreams about being a vampire." Grace said in a duh voice.

"I just told her what the old lady told me." Scott said with a wide grin.

I got up now more determined then ever and said, "I'm off to work." I got my stuff and walked across the street to the antique shop.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is another chapter of my newest story!!!
I hope you like it!!!
I will update on my other stories soon!

I LOVE COMMENTS!!!!

p.s. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!!!!!