Status: the end...oh so sad to see Jord go...look for the sequel!

And I Don't Want The World to See Me

Ivy Grace Ellen...

Steven’s POV:
The doctor’s decided to have a caesarean because by the time she was dilated she still wasn’t conscious. When they asked who was going back with her both me and the fiancé, Ian was his name I think. I didn’t care enough to remember. He tried to look intimidating but if he thought I was going down without a fight, he had another thing coming.
“No,” was all I had to say and the wus backed down. Wow this guy was a pussy.
They wheeled her back and I went into the room and stood far enough away to let everyone do their thing, I was training to be a nurse remember? I was going to the Dominican Republic in two days to further my training, right?
I watched them cut open her stomach but before the baby was out, I walked around to her head, her eyes were shut but she was going through a vicious REM cycle under her lids. I put my hand to her forehead which was scolding hot, I literally pulled my hand away. When the baby was out and was crying, that’s when she opened her eyes. I don’t know if she registered anything for the first few minutes but I kissed her anyway and it was like nothing changed. Like we were back in June on the beach and the baby crying was Maci because she had sand in her diaper. I kissed her and she kissed me back and it was like the last nine months had never even existed because we were one again.

Jordan’s POV:
I didn’t really feel any pain in my lower body when I opened my eyes back up. Steven was standing over me, he had a ridiculous blue thing on his head and I wanted to laugh but I couldn’t so I didn’t. There was a baby crying but I didn’t understand. I was dreaming, wasn’t I? I closed my eyes, almost let the black pull me back under but I stayed awake to see Steven. He let his beard grow out, I wanted to reach out and touch it but my arm didn’t move. I didn’t understand why I was so whacked out.
“Come here,” I whispered to him. Steven bent his face down to meet mine. I puckered my lips, he kissed me again.
I snapped back to reality. I heard the baby crying in hypersensitive ears, felt Steven’s warm lips on mine with hypersensitive lips, smelled his cologne better than before.
“The baby,” I whispered, my voice couldn’t get higher than that, my throat was sore. Had I been crying?
“She’s ok,” he assured me, whispering back. He kept himself close to me.
The loud voice of the doctor actually hurt. He showed me the baby and she was beautiful. I could already see she had my hair by the big black puff of black on her head. I wanted her to open her eyes, make sure she had Steven’s stormy gray ones, I wanted her to smile and make sure she had my grin, the one Maci got from me too. I wanted to touch her but I didn’t really know where my arms were. The doctor took her back and I wanted to protest but I couldn’t muster the strength, all I wanted was sleep.
“What’s her name?” Steven asked.
“Ivy Grace Ellen,” I paused, faded in and out. Faded out again, fell asleep for a good eight hours.

****

When I woke up again I was in a hospital bed, Steven was in the room, Tammy and Ed were too, I don’t know where Ethan was. I took the engagement ring off my left finger and put it on the table that was next to the bed. Steven was asleep, Tammy saw me wake up and immediately elbowed him in the gut.
“No, it’s fine, let him sleep,” I said and coughed a little.
“He literally fell asleep like twelve seconds ago,” she assured me.
He snapped to attention. “What’s the last name?”
“What?” I asked.
“You didn’t tell me a last name,” he said to me.
I thought for about five minutes, now that Ethan was gone I guess I could say Hager for sure. But what about Bocchese? I sat there in deep thought for what felt like the longest time.
I could feel everyone looking at me, waiting for my answer.
“Bocchese,” I said, nodding in a finalized way.
Steven looked at me to make sure that I was sure.
“Ivy Grace Ellen Bocchese,” I said. A nurse came in with a paper for us to sign and another brought in my baby. “Can I have her, please”
The nurse looked at me, smiled oh so sweetly. “Of course you can, dear heart.”
♠ ♠ ♠
that's it. that's the end. an epilouge and that's the end of Jord and Steven.

All my love,
Lindsey Rosie