Status: WE'RE BACK AT IT, KIDS.

Within You, Without You

Where Everything Began is Where it All Begins.

A voice crackled in existence from above, the first sign of life in who knows how long besides the occasional attendant moving up and down the aisles.
"Good morning folks, the time is currently 6:31AM, and we have begun our descent to London City Airport. The temperature right now is 19 degrees Celsius. For those with connecting flights, the flight to Munich is at gate 38A, the flight to Paris is at 26B, and the flight to Helsinki is at gate 41A. We'd like to thank you here on Aer Lingus for flying with us today, and we hope you enjoy your time in London."
The "fasten your seatbelt" signed dinged, illuminated right next to the 'no smoking' sign, reminding everyone to wake up, stay seated and buckle up.

I quickly took the old paper out of my pocket just to know it still existed and validated my reasoning for coming here. Sometimes, I just wait for it to disappear. Sometimes, I think it's just a hoax.
Whatever the truth, I was about to find out.
Whatever the truth, I was starting my new life today.

I've been alone on a plane plenty of times in my life now. I've been alone in a brand new city plenty of times in my life now. I am only fifteen, but boy, I've lived through more than most middle-aged people nowadays.

I grabbed my one duffel bag of possessions that I had off the carousel, stopped quickly to get a hot tea, and stepped outside to the new world that I would be calling my own, apparently once again at least.
London.

I breathed in the air, closing my eyes. I smelt last nights rain still lingering around us all. It's crazy that after all these years, I finally made my way to London. I reached in my pocket, touching the piece of paper, and took a step.

That's when I noticed an owl in front of me.
I was confused, and we stared at each other for a bit, me off to the side of the door of the airport, him perched on a garbage can right next to me. His gray feathers seem to have a glint to it, making him seem silver.
It was after a minute that I realized he was sticking his foot out with a letter towards me.

Hesitantly, I took the letter. He hooted at me, seemed to wink, and then went on his way, flying up through the clouds and disappearing in the mist.
After watching his disappearing silhouette for a bit, I turned to the piece of paper in my hand. The handwriting on the front looked oddly familiar.
"Ms. Lucy L. Maude
Sidewalk of London City Airport,
Hartmann Road, East London,
London, UK
"

I let out one chuckle. Talk about exact.
I turned it over, and saw the crest that held the letter shut with wax. I almost gasped audibly. The handwriting was familiar. I touched my old letter in my pocket. It was real! This was all real!

Hands shaking a bit now, I ripped open the envelope and held the letter in my one hand, taking a sip of my tea in the other.

Miss Lucy,
I am very delighted in the fact that you have finally made your way to London. I hope that it is in interest to pursue education at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, as told in the letter sent to you years prior.
If you make your way here, I will explain everything then.
Go to the King's Cross Train Station, and if you walk in between platforms nine and ten, and you will reach platform nine and three-quarters, and inadvertently, the Hogwarts Express.
You are the only passenger right now for this train, so you don't need to rush.
I look forward to seeing you, Miss Maude. All of your questions will be answered in given time, rest assured.
-Albus Dumbledore


I stood there for an extra five minutes, rereading that letter and then taking out my older letter and reading that as well. This, this was all real. I wasn't as alone in the world as I thought. I was just in the wrong place.

Stuffing the two letters in my pocket, I looked around the city, and frowned. I had no idea where I was, let alone where the train station was. Luckily, locals were extremely nice and helpful, and pointed me in the right direction. It would have been a long walk, so one taxicab and half an hour later, I found myself at Kings Cross Train Station.

I headed in and made my way to platforms nine and ten. I got there, and paused, rereading that part in the newer letter. Walk in between platforms nine and ten, and you will reach platform nine and three-quarters, and inadvertently, the Hogwarts Express...
Easier said than done.

I shrugged to myself, and walked up to the pillar in between platform nine and ten. Was this it? Slowly, I put my hand up to it casually, as if to lean against it, and saw that my hand went right through. I stared, wide eyed, but then quickly shook it off. I readjusted my duffel, and I closed my eyes and walked forward. Opening them, I found myself at a new train station, on platform nine and three quarters.

The conductor was leaning against the magnificent train, smoking. He looked up at me and asked, "Are you Lucy Maude?"

Still a bit stunned, I just nodded.

He threw away his smoke and smiled. "Well get on in, and let's go!"

I smiled back and climbed onto the train.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so happy to start getting this out! I have to do a lot more organizing/outlining/whatnot, but this part has literally been eating away at me and I needed to put it out =] Feedback greatly appreciated, and it will motivate me ;p