(You Didn't Have to) Walk Away

Chapter One.

Nick's POV.
When it rained in Los Angeles, it not only rained; it absolutely poured. The clouds were threatening a thunder storm; and as if by cue the sky rumbled; making me jump. I sat at the grand piano that was perched on a landing near the bay windows of the room situated just off the hotel lobby. It was after midnight; the place was empty. Not even other patrons were coming home late. They were already safe and sound, in bed asleep. I wasn't playing anything on the piano; instead listening to my ipod. I was surprised when Mitchel Musso started playing and I didn't change the song. It was "You Didn't Have To Walk Away." This song reminded me of Sam. I sighed at the thought of her.

"Look Nick," she yelled. "I've fucked everything up okay?"

I cringed as she swore at me. It was rare that she swore at all; only opting for it when she had nothing else to express her feelings with. I stayed silent; not knowing what to say.
"Haven't I?" she continued, her voice still raised. "This family was so close; so perfect before I came into the picture. I've destroyed everything."

She turned away from me and I grabbed her arm spinning her around to face me again.

"You haven't fucked everything up, Sam," I told her; I noticed the shock on her face that I had sworn too. "You've made things difficult sure, but you haven't fucked everything."

She looked up at me; had I grown?

"Yes I have," she shrugged my hand away. "Which is why I'm leaving."

"What? You're leaving? Why?" I looked at her with bewildered eyes.

"You know why, Nick," she told me, taking a step backwards. "Just forget about me." She smiled at me softly before turning and walking quickly from the room.


She had asked me the impossible. How could I forget about her? She was amazing. She was the only person I had ever felt this way about. Sure I had dated Miley and had a bit of a crush on Selena but Sam was different. I didn't know if it was seeing her with Joe that made me fall for her all the more. I shook my head; standing up. I dragged the piano seat over to the window and looked out into the storm. It was completely dark in the room I was in. But the lightening that was illuminating the sky cast shadows over the room. I sighed and rest my forehead against the cool glass of the window; my breath slowly causing a fog to build up around my nose and mouth. I sighed; completely fogging my vision through the window. I leaned away from the window and wiped it with my hand; finger prints were better than my breath I guess. I pulled out my mp3, changing the song to the Glee soundtrack. I must admit it was an amazing show. I started nodding my head to the title track, "Don't Stop Believin.'"

Arms snaking their way around my waist made me snap out of my trance. I jumped a mile high. The person behind me plucked one of my head phone from my ear and I pulled out the other. They rested their chin on my shoulder; I felt their hot breath on the cold skin of my neck.

"I'm sorry," the instantly recognizable voice whispered into my ear.

"Why'd you come back?" I asked them.

"I realized that I couldn't be without you," they answered.

I pulled their arms away from me.

"I'll just go," the voice sounded far away.

"No!" I shouted into the night. A thunder clap echoing through the room. I spun on the seat and stood up walking after them. "Please don't go."

They turned around and I looked into the eyes of Sam. A flash of lightening illuminated us; making the tears in her eyes and on her cheeks visible. I ran my fingers across her cheek; keeping my hand their, I cupped her cheek lightly and pressed a kiss to her lips. She pushed herself up against me; maneuvering us around the piano seat and up against the window. She kissed me with such passion; I was intoxicated by her breath, by her scent and by her hands that had found their way around my neck. I ran my hands down her sides to her hips and placed them there, grabbing fist fulls of her soaking wet sweat shirt. After a few minutes we broke apart for air. We stared at each other; not 100% certain that either could truely see. I smiled at her and she smiled back.

"We can make this work yeah?" she asked me through baited breath.

I spun around so she was the one being pressed against the glass. I had one arm around her waist and one resting on the window above her head. I kissed her again, my frustration from earlier and my previously unrequited love fueling the passion necessary for the situation. I lifted her into my arms; laying her down onto the carpeted floor beside the piano. I hovered over her; keeping myself from crushing her with both my hands beside her head. I pressed another anxious kiss on her mouth.

"Yes," I breathed. "We can definitely make this work."
♠ ♠ ♠
comments? :3
Tell me what you thought!