Sequel: Letters From Ellie
Status: Completed :)

Forgive and Forget: A Billie Joe Story

Move

A week went by and things weren't the same between Tysen and me. I ended up spending a lot of time with Billie Joe, which really helped how I feel around him. On the Monday that marks a week after seeing him again, I decide to talk to everyone (Linda, Robbie, and Billie) about something.

"I think I should move back in with Billie," I say, watching for mainly Robbie's reaction. His expression turns a little scared.

"Is there a specific reason," he asks.

"Well," I start. "I think I'll be able to be alone with him and it's really for the best." Linda opens her mouth to say something, but the phone rings so she gets up to answer it. Billie lets out a breath.

"Are you sure you wanna do that, El," he inquires. "That's a big step to take considering we've been back together for only a week." I nod.

"I'll be fine." Robbie catches the hesitation in my voice, but doesn't say anything. Linda rushes out of the kitchen and up the stairs. Robbie sighs.

"She got called out again," he guesses. Linda runs back downstairs with her traveling suitcase in her hand. She kisses Robbie and then kisses the top of my head.

"I'll be back in two days from Aspen," she tells us, but then looks at me. "Don't leave until then, okay?" I nod, smiling a little. She leaves and I look back at Billie.

"I'll leave in a few days. After Linda gets back." He nods. Robbie pulls his cell out of his pocket and starts texting someone. I look at him questioningly. He sends the message and returns my gaze.

"I wanna know Linda's flight number," he says simply. Billie looks confused, so Robbie takes a deep breath. "I'm afraid of flying, and I really hate it when anyone I know needs to fly somewhere, so I wanna know her flight number in case it crashes or something." He gets up and turns the TV on. He switches the channel to the news. My cell starts ringing so I take it out of my pocket and press the talk button. It's Tysen.

"Hey," I say. "Are you coming over later?"

"I might," he says. "Is it gonna be awkward?" I look down. Ever since I told him to stop trying to help me, he hasn't been the same. I know it really got to him, but he tries so hard to make sure I don't know how bad it is.

"No, I need to talk to you. In person." I hear his front door close and his car door open a few seconds later.

"All right, I'll be there a few minutes." He hangs up and I look at my phone. Something's wrong with him...

"Is everything okay," Billie asks, concerned. I put my phone on the table and run my hands through my hair.

"I don't know," I murmur. Robbie's attention redirects to us instead of the news, but he stays silent.

"What'd he say," Billie asks.

"Nothing really. He asked if it'll be awkward when he comes over and I said no... He just didn't sound right." Robbie walks over to me and puts his arm over the back of my chair.

"I'm sure he's fine, Ellie. Just stressed over everything that's been going on." I nod and turn my attention to the TV.

***7:32 PM***

It's been an hour, and Tysen isn't here yet. I'm sitting on the couch with Billie next to me and Robbie in the kitchen making dinner. Billie notices my mood.

"He'll be here soon," he says reassuringly. Someone knocks on the door and Billie gets up to get it. I already know who it is.

Tysen walks through the living room and sits next to me after Billie opens the door.

"Sorry I took so long," he says. I cross my arms over my chest.

"It's fine," I whisper, staring at the TV. Ty eases against the couch, but my attention is only on the TV.

"Robbie," I yell. Robbie runs in with Billie and they both see my eyes fixed on the screen. They see the same thing. I turn the volume up. The reporter's voice flows into the room.

"Breaking news has just come in, flight 742 from Oakland, California to Aspen, Colorado has crashed in a field just north of the Colorado border. The names of the people on that flight have not been yet released. There were no survivors." I tear my gaze away from the set to Robbie, who's frozen in his spot. Tysen turns the TV off and Robbie meets my heartbroken stare. He swallows back tears.

"That was her flight."
♠ ♠ ♠
Omg. No way. O.O
I know nothing of flights and such, so sorry if I got any of that info wrong. And Aspen is in Colorado, right? I'm pretty sure, but I don't know much about Geography, either :o
COMMENT!!! I only got 3 comments for the last chapter :'(
Thanks for reading
<3 - Katelyn