Sequel: Letters From Ellie
Status: Completed :)

Forgive and Forget: A Billie Joe Story

It

I walk out of the house and shut the door behind me to see Tysen standing a few feet down the straight path. He turns around and smiles as we start walking side by side to the park.

"I called Stephy and Caiti," he tells me. "They said they'd be there." I nod and put my hands in my pockets. He notices my mood and slips his arm around my waist.

"I wouldn't have said yes if I knew I'd be this scared," I say, looking down. "Linda and Robbie will be there, I know that, but just seeing him is gonna take me back..."

"I'll be there, too," Tysen assures. "I won't leave until you want me to go." He pulls me a little closer as we walked through the iron gates of the park. We walk to the bench Stephy is sitting at.

"Where's Caiti," I ask, looking around the almost empty space.

"She's on the swings, I told her I'd go push her," Stephy laughs. We all walk over to Caiti, who is squealing with delight when she swings really high.

"Do you want me to push you," Teysen whispers in my ear, standing right behind me.

"Yeah," I say, smiling widely. I get on one and he starts pushing me gently.

"So, uh, El...," Caiti pauses. "I know you don't want us to say 'happy birthday', but... it's kinda awkward." I look down for a second.

"Why don't you want us to say it, anyway," Stephy asks. "I mean, I don't really get it." I look up at her.

"Considering I'm gonna be seeing you-know-who later, today is anything but a happy day," I explain. It's silent for about a minute as Tysen starts pushing me a little harder.

"Oh, come on, she can go higher than that," Caiti says to Tysen as she quickly swings back then forward. I see him roll his eyes as he catches my gaze.

"Do you want me to," he inquires. I nod excitedly as I start to swing almost as high as Caiti is. I look back at Stephy.

"Hey, what's up? You're not as talkative as you usually are," I say. She shurgs as she pushes Caiti.

"I'm just thinking about what I'd do if Tysen called me, telling me you were in the hospital cos of it." I turn my stare to Tysen.

"You think that's gonna happen?" He pushes me and sighs.

"I don't know what's gonna happen, El. Anything could happen with him around." I nod and pull my cell out of my pocket. It's already been forty five minutes. I swallow back my fear, but Tysen is too quick.

"What's wrong, hun," he asks, concern clear in his tone.

"He might be there by now," I murmur, but they all hear me. The atmosphere quickly grows tense until I gasp. "Oh my God, did I tell you what Linda and Robbie got me for my birthday?!"

"No, what," Caiti asks, sounding honestly interested.

"A tattoo! Like, they're gonna take me to a parlor and everything!" We spend the next fifteen minutes talking about what I should get, what colours, and all that jazz. Caiti and I bring our swings to a halt and we leave, but stand at the entrance for a few minutes.

"Don't let him intimidate you, Ellie," Stephy says. "A sick bastard like him shouldn't intimidate anybody." I nod with the best smile I could manage and hug both her and Caiti goodbye. They walk the way they came as Tysen walks me back home. He takes my hand to try to ease my nerves.

"It'll be okay, baby," he says softly. "I promise." My mind wanders off in the silence to happier things, like my future with Tysen. It stays like that until we get to the driveway.

The same black BMW I remember all too well is there.

"Come on," Tysen gently urges. I walk with him to the front with my heart pounding in my throat. I feel like I'm going to be sick. I put my hand on the doorknob.

Don't be scared, it'll all be fine, he can't do anything here, you'll be safe, I tell myself. I turn the knob and step in with Tysen right behind me. I instantly see Linda and Robbie sitting at the dining table with it. They all turn to look at me, but I can't focus on anyone else besides it.

I forget everything I've been telling myself.

I brush past Tysen as I sprint out of the house as fast as I can.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh, I think it's more of a filler :/ but it's one of the longest chapters I have EVER written. Comment with your thoughts and opinions, they are much appreciated :)
I could have ended at the point where she had her hand on the doorknob, but I really want to write the part with her running... so I did XD
Thanks everyone :D
<3 - Katelyn