Kodak Moments

I love you.

Snap.

Olive skin, blinding smile, soft brown hair.

Snap.

Playful smile, snowflakes sticking to long eyelashes.

Snap.

Soft lips pouting, large brown eyes pleading.

Snap.

Aiden smiled from behind the camera, watching as Riley assumed different poses in the park. Chicago was covered in a sheet of snow, a white blanket covering every tree, the grass, the streets, the play structure.

Just as he was about to shoot another picture, he paused. The camera slowly lowered as he saw Riley flash a smile only Aiden was allowed to see.

Riley giggled, looking down to his snow boots and blushing before taking a few steps closer and pressing his lips to Aiden’s. Instant heat rushed between them, and Aiden smiled.

Taking a few steps back again, leaning against the trunk of a tree, Riley repeated that smile. The one only Aiden's eyes could fall on. Lifting the camera, Aiden captured it.

"Time to live in the moment," Riley said, taking both of Aiden's gloved hands in his own as the camera hung by the strap around Aiden's neck.

Their lips met, the softest of kisses and yet the most warm, a burning heat spreading throughout their bodies. This was decidedly the best way to keep warm.

-

His eyes scanned the photos as they hung from the string linked across the room, picking out which ones were taken at bad angles, which ones were taken in awkward lighting. They were all equally beautiful, though. They were generally all of Riley.

Something about the boy was photogenic, from the soft angles of his face to the bright light in his eyes and the softness of his lips and the smooth olive plains in between.

He turned, walking out into the living room of their small Chicago apartment. He could see a small thin body curled up on the couch in a blanket, illuminated by the light of the Christmas tree.

A smile tugged at the corners of his lips as he placed a little black box amongst the other presents, a gold bow atop.

Trying not to wake him, he sunk onto the couch next to Riley, holding him in his arms as he closed his eyes.

Riley fidgeted a little bit before pressing into Aiden’s touch.

Sometimes it was hard to smile. Within the four tall walls of the world they built together though, it was made a little easier.

-

Aiden’s eyes fluttered open the next day. The sun’s rays were peeking out through in between the plastic blinds covering the windows, striping the room with light.

He sat up slightly, looking down at one of the most beautiful sights he’d ever seen.

Riley lie there, cuddled close into the sheets and pillows, the sunlight shining across his face at just the right angle.

It took everything in him to not run and grab his camera. Instead, he did what Riley was always asking him to do.

”Live in the moment, Aids.”

He bent down and pressed the lightest kiss to his cheek before lying back down and holding him close again.

Pictures were worth a thousand words, but sometimes all you need is three.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments! :D
And tell me 'Aids' isn't the best nickname ever.