Torn Into Thr33

Chapter 3

Rachel was slung over my shoulder; she was light. It must have been from all the adrenaline that was pumping through my veins. I walked around some cubicles and over large pieces of torn up wall and broken ceiling that was now on the ground and any other debris and finally saw the door to the stairs.

Only there was a large, thick chunk of ceiling blocking it.

"No!" I hissed and began to place Rachel down. The second explosive must have broke more of the ceiling; letting everyone else escape after the first explosion. I walked over to the large piece of ceiling and began to pull it.

My muscles began to tighten and I knew it was hopeless. It was to thick and heavy. I quickly let go and ran my fingers through my hair. I let out a frustrated scream and quickly kicked the piece of ceiling and turned around to pick up Rachel when I heard the sound of cracking and little rocks hitting the ground. I slowly turned back around, my eyes slowly widening as they finally saw that the large, thick piece of ceiling was now in thousands of little pieces.

I walked forward slightly, looking at the, now, gravel with awe and began to reach for the door knob. I jumped back when the door swung open and a man went flying to the ground. It seemed he had tried to tackle the door down.

He quickly scrambled to his hands and knees as his dark eyes landed on Rachel and then widened. "Rachel!" Justin exclaimed as he quickly crawled to her.

"Justin-"

"Oh shit!" he turned around as his eyes landed on me with a frightened look. "Oh.. fuck... Sulley!" he jumped up to his feet and ran over to me and pulled me in a tight embrace. "I -" he was panting. "I though you were... I had to sneak past the police and fire dudes..." he was petting my hair soothingly as I closed my eyes tightly as my boyfriend held me close to him.

He slowly pulled back his dark brown eyes curious and frightened, "What the hell happened to you? Everyone else evacuated after the first explosion and I couldn't find you..." his eyes found the cut on my head. "Aw shit. That's going to need stitches. Are you alright?"

I nodded, "Yeah, I'm fine. I - I was a bit unconscious... when everyone was evacuating from the first explosion... And then I went to see if Rachel was okay because her office got the most damage... and she was practically buried under her wall-"

"Wait. You saved Rachel?" his hands were on my shoulders as he looked at me with searching eyes as I nodded slowly. His face broke out into a grin, "Ah! You're a hero!" he chuckled and I just shook my head with a small laugh.

"Do you know what the hell happened out there?" I asked.

"Yeah. Some guy who's trigger-happy and crazy for explosives went to go rob the bank down the street and of course Neon came. That's when he went berserk. Started tossing explosives everywhere. Big ones. I was out getting some coffee when it started happening. That's when I saw one of his bombs hit the side of this building." he chuckled.

"What? What's so funny?" I asked, confused.

"Neon..." he looked slightly confused also, "That's when she went berserk. When that bomb hit here."

I averted my gaze.

Of course she would have went nuts.

I'm her daughter. For all she knows, I could be dead.

I shrugged and I felt his hands holding my cheeks softly as I looked up at him. "I thought..." he trailed off, his eyes full of worry and love.

"But I'm not... I'm okay." I leaned forward and kissed him softly.

My eyes widened when I heard a groan and we quickly pulled away. I looked down to see Rachel coming to. "Rachel!" I ran over to her and fell to my knees. "Rachel, are you okay? Rachel, listen to me. We're going to get you out of here."

Her eyes fell on me as she mumbled something that sounded like 'boulder' but I just ignored it and went to pick her up.

"Whoa," Justin looked at me, "You've done enough. I'll take her down."

I didn't feel tired. In fact, I felt quit the opposite. "We'll take her together." I stated.

He sighed, but then nodded as we began to lift Rachel up placing her right arm around Justin's shoulder and her left around mine and we made our way out of the building.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ello everyone!!
Had happy holidays??!!
Alrighty, thought I'd update for Christmas!!
Or... because I was bored...
^^''
Anyhow...
Comments are very much appreciated.

Always and Forever,
Miss.Anonymous