Status: Finished :)

Holding On

Fourteen

Four Years Later

The wind might have been annoying if it was cold out. It was the middle of July, however, and the warm breeze felt nice as blew through Shawn's fiery curls. Joe's arms were wrapped tightly around her waist as she stared out at the rushing waterfall. The railing she was leaning against was cold against her palms, so she let go. She intertwined her hands with Joseph's and traced the scars on the insides of his wrists. You could barely see them anymore. He caught her left hand in his and twirled the ring around her finger. The diamond sparkled in the sunlight and Shawn smiled. Joe placed a chaste kiss against her temple and sighed contently.

"It's getting dark. We should get back to the hotel," he advised.

"We've been spending all our time in the hotel," Shawn whined playfully, because, honestly, she wasn't upset about it.

"We're on our honeymoon. I think it's, like, an unwritten honeymoon rule that you stay in your hotel room and have as much sex as possible," Joe chuckled.

"So that's all I'm good for?" Shawn asked, the same playful tone in her voice.

"Aw, babe, you know I love you," Joe mumbled into her ear, "I'll always love you."

"I know," Shawn acknowledged, "I just like to hear you say it."

"I'll say it as often as you like as long as you say it back," Joe grinned as Shawn turned around.

"I love you too," Shawn slipped her hand into Joe's and leaned her head on his shoulder.

The two turned away from the waterfall and started in the general direction of their hotel. As they walked along the sidewalk Joseph held Shawn's hand tightly, just like he always did. She kept him holding on to life and he was always going to hold on to her.

Fin
♠ ♠ ♠
I was imagining them honeymooning at Niagra Falls.

It's over! I'm sad and happy all at the same time. Thank you to all my wonderful readers and subscribers and commenters. You make me smile.

lovelovelove
Elliebear