Status: oneshot.

I Need You Now

1/1.

Picture perfect memories scattered all around the floor
Reaching for the phone cause I can't fight it anymore
And I wonder if I ever crossed your mind
For me it happens all the time


She sighed, closing her eyes. She had been reminiscing again, pictures scattered across the bedroom floor around her. She knew it wasn’t helping anything to keep going back and looking at the pictures, that it was only hurting her to remember. Her hand moved towards the phone on the wooden floor next to her, wanting to dial the familiar seven numbers that would let her hear his voice again.

She sighed, letting her hand fall to the floor. She picked up one of the pictures, a simple one of him smiling at the camera, at her. She bit her lip and closed her eyes, willing the tears to go away. She was sick of crying.

It's a quarter after one, I'm all alone and I need you now
Said I wouldn't call but I lost all control and I need you now
And I don't know how I can do without
I just need you now


She wiped her eyes, standing up. She needed to get away from all of the memories, all of the little snapshots of the happier times. She moved out of the room, but stopped in the doorway. She turned around before running back in, picking up the phone and dialing the numbers, hitting ‘Call’ and putting the phone to her ear.

She let the tears fall now, hanging up before the second ring. She had to be stronger now, she knew that. She just didn’t want to be stronger anymore. She just wanted him.

Another shot of whiskey can't stop looking at the door
Wishing you'd come sweeping in the way you did before
And I wonder if I ever cross your mind
To me it happens all the time


He downed the shot quickly and easily, dropping the shot glass. It missed the table, crashing against the floor, sending thousands of shards scattered on the floor. He let out his breath, rubbing his eyes. They were bloodshot and the bags underneath showed how little sleep he had gotten.

The phone rang in the background, but he ignored it, and it stopped quickly. He looked to his left, where a framed picture of them sat. He picked it up, his fingers clumsily tracing over her face. His heart broke, mirroring the shattered shot glass on the floor.

It's a quarter after one, I'm a little drunk and I need you now
Said I wouldn't call but I lost all control and I need you now
And I don't know how I can do without
I just need you now


He picked up the phone, dialing the familiar number. It took him a few tries, the alcohol affecting his ability to see. He put the phone to his ear, silently willing her to answer.
She looked over, seeing the phone ringing. She bit her lip, picking it up carefully. She saw the Caller ID, and sobbed, knowing that her decision would hold the future. She opened the phone slowly, pressing the green button.

“Hello?” She asked shakily, the tears welling up behind her closed eyelids.
He burst into tears at the sound of her voice, and he sobbed into the phone.

“I need you.” He said through his tears, admitting his weakness, vulnerability, love, and sincerity in those three words.

The tears fell over, covering her cheeks and staining them. Her voice broke.

“I need you too.” She said quietly, leaning against the wall.

Guess I'd rather hurt than feel nothin at all,

He wiped his eyes, the tears still flowing. The sound of her voice was taking his heart and breaking it over and over again, and yet, at the same time, it was fixing things.

“But,” She started, and he knew in that one word, that one syllable, those three letters, that nothing could be as it was before.

It's a quarter after one I'm all alone and I need you now
And I said I wouldn't call but I'm a little drunk and I need you now
And I don't know how I can do without


“That doesn’t change anything.” She finished, her heart breaking for the final time. “I…I can’t.” She said, looking down at her arms, at the bruises that adorned them.

He felt the razor sharp pain in his chest, cutting it clearly down the middle. The pain was unbearable, he curled up, the phone still pressed against his ear.

“Please,” He whispered, his eyes shutting tightly. He prayed and hoped that she could find it in her heart to forgive him, but deep down he knew that what he had done was coming close to unforgivable.

I just need you now
I just need you now


“I’m sorry.” She said before closing the phone, putting it down next to her on the floor, next to the picture of them that hurt her the most.

The picture of their wedding day, where she was laughing at the cake smeared on his face, and his smile was still filled with joy, before things had gone horribly wrong. She picked up the picture, before throwing it down and leaning her head back, the salty tears showing no sign of stopping.

He threw the phone down, it shattering just like the shot glass, just like his heart. He wished there was a way he could go back, to fix the things he had done, but he knew there wasn’t.
He cried, hard and long, for things that could never be again.

Ooo, baby, I need you now
♠ ♠ ♠
The ending turned out different than planned.
Comments?