Status: Active. (:

One of the Boys.

Pt. 23.

“Emma, wake up, we’ll be late for school.” whispered Brendon, gently shaking me awake.
“It’s so early.” I yawned, rubbing my sore eyes.
“I know. I’m sorry, but we have to get up.”
I sat up and smiled. “Don’t apologize, you can’t control time.”
“I wish I could. How awesome would that be?”
“Very.” I nodded and stretched. I blinked a few times and put on my glasses. The surroundings of his living room came into focus. “Shit, I haven’t got any clothes…”
“Don’t worry. I called Kat and she brought some stuff round for you.”
“Kat? She actually did something for me?”
“Yeah. I kinda let it slip about Ryan and then she was super nice to me and brought everything for you.”
“Wow.” I said, shaking my head, not quite believing that my sister did that for me. It wasn’t much, but when she does nothing, ever, it’s a lot.
I pulled Brendon into a hug. “Thank you for everything. About telling me in the first place, comforting me and not getting mad at me for crying into your shirt.”
He laughed. “Don’t worry about it.” He kissed my forehead then let go. “So what are you going to do about Ryan today?”
“I’m going to dump his sorry ass, bitch him out in front of everyone else. I want him to regret it.”
“Hell yeah!” he said, high-fiving me. “If I were you I’d smash his face in. But that’s just me.”
I smirked. “I’m not going to hurt him, just humiliate him.”
“Fair enough.” he nodded and got up, picking up my clothes and passing them to me. I thanked him.
“So, uh, yeah I’ll get changed in the bathroom.” he said and grabbed a selection of things, walking into the bathroom. I quickly got changed into the outfit Kat had given me, then brushed my teeth in his sink. I brushed my hair and made up my face. I put a cold tissue on my eyes to make them less puffy, which worked, so threw it away and packed all my belongings in my bag.
Brendon came out of the bathroom and smiled at me.
“What did you do with your hair?” I asked.
“I just styled it a little bit… it looks awful, doesn’t it?”
“No, it looks sexy.” I smiled and returned to sorting out my belongings, then walked into the kitchen. I fixed myself some breakfast and Brendon did the same. I sat down on the counter and he sat on the table with a bowl of cereal. I bit into an apple.
“You really think it looks sexy?”
“Yeah.” I nodded.
“Sweet.” he smiled widely. “Because I’m kind of, um, really self-concious.”
“You are? But you’re really loud and outrageous during school. If you were self-concious why would you do that?”
“Because… then people concentrate more on my personality than my looks.”
“You’re crazy.” I said, shaking my head. “You’re cute Brendon, honest.”
He looked down at his socked feet. “No, I’m not. And I know you’re just saying that because everyone else refers to me as ‘that Urie freak.’ I know what people think of me. It’s not great, but people are entitled to their opinion.”
I threw away the apple core and got down, sitting in his lap. I put an arm around his shoulders and lifted up his chin with my fingers.
“You’re not a freak. Don’t listen to anyone else, they don’t matter.”
“I know they don’t matter but it sure as hell feels like it.”
“And you’re most definitely not ugly. Go on, give us a smile.”
“No. You’ll see my braces.”
“Do you want straight teeth?”
“Yes, but-”
“Then that’s that. Besides, you look cute with them.”
“I don’t want to be cute! Aww, look at cute little Bdon. Yeah, ‘cos people are gonna want to date someone ‘cute’.”
“You’re being way too harsh on yourself. You’re very handsome Brendon.”
He sighed and hugged me loosely. He let go after a few seconds, then we grabbed our bags. Just before we left I kissed his cheek. “I love you, bear.”
“I love you too Em.” he smiled. “We better get going.”
I nodded and held his hand. We left the house and started to walk to school.
Chelsea drove past in her supremely expensive car and wound down her window. “Hey, Relda, get in.”
“I’m quite happy walking.” I smiled.
“But it’s so far away!”
“It’s only about a mile.” I shrugged.
“Suit yourself.” she said and drove off.
We walked for a few more minutes, then Brendon said: “Relda?”
I laughed quietly. “She wants to call me a different name to everyone else, so it’s like I’m part of their pack.”
“What’s wrong with Em, Emma or Ezme?”
“She didn’t choose it.” I shrugged again.
“Oh.” he laughed. “Crazy woman.”
We arrived at school about fifteen minutes later (yeah, so far away) and walked to our lockers. I unlocked it and put in my algerba textbook.
An arm slipped around my waist and a pair of lips found itself on my neck. I turned around and saw Ryan, so pushed him away gently.
“What’s wrong, Em?” he frowned.
“Nothing much. How’s Keltie?”
“She’s fine…”
“Oh, well I’m glad. I’m so happy she’s fine, you wouldn’t want an unhappy second girlfriend, would you?”
“No I suppose n- wait, what?”
“You heard me.” I spat, slamming my locker shut and walking away.
He followed me. “Emma, who told you that?”
“That doesn’t matter.”
“Brendon, wasn’t it.”
“I told you, it doesn’t matter.”
Ryan held my wrist. “It really does matter who told you.”
“Then yes, it was Brendon. Happy?”
He laughed, shaking his head. “He’s lying to you Em. He wants to break us up, so he lied to you.”
“Why would he want to break us up?”
“Because he’s madly in love with you! He wants you all to himself! How can you not see it? He’s WAY nicer to you than he is to Harry, his actual girlfriend. Remember, when we were at his house at the end of summer and he ran upstairs, crying? That was because he found out we’d had sex. It killed him, and it felt like you were betraying him, hence the ‘back stabbing bitch’ shit. He also knows that I know he loves you.”
“Why the hell are you making this up?” I screamed at him. “Are you trying to say that Brendon lied to me?”
“That’s exactly what I’m saying.”
I slapped him hard across the face.
Whoa. Didn’t think I’d actually slap Ryan. Guess I was wrong.
The hall way went silent.
“You fucking liar!” I shouted at him. “Just stop it! I know you’ve been seeing Keltie behind my back for six fucking weeks!”
“Emma, please stop being so loud…”
“Why the hell should I? I trusted you and you threw it back in my face!”
“You can still trust me I swear-”
“No, Ryan, we’re over!” I shouted and pulled his arm off of mine and storming out the hall way to the the back of the school. Eyes followed me as I walked outside. Brendon was leant against the back wall, smiling.
“How’d it go?”
“Bitched him out.” I shrugged and he chuckled, high-fiving me.
“I heard you screaming at him. I hope everyone hates him now.”
“I don’t want people to hate him… just for people to know how much of a jack-ass he is. He tried to turn it back on you as well.”
“What?”
“Yeah. He was like, he’s lying because he wants to break us up because he’s madly in love with you. And I was like, uh, no. So I slapped him.”
His mouth dropped. “You slapped him?”
“Yeah. No one accuses my Brendon of lying and gets away with it.”
He blushed and looked down. “My Brendon?”
“Yeah.” I smiled, playfully punching his arm. “You’re my best friend, so you’re my Brendon.”
“Oh.” he smiled and kissed my cheek. “We, um, better get to ‘Preparation’.”
I nodded and held his hand, walking to class.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yup. So here we go.
Had my first GCSE Today, I.E. my first exam with a grade that'll go on my CV when I want a job. Gaaaah; scary stuff people.
Comments would be tremendous, please (:
AAAAND I've just posted a new story, with all your favorite band guys. Trust me, if they're in a band, they're in this story XD It's called The Decaydance Wizarding Academy.
You can pretty much tell what it's about from the title, but there are lots of un-Decaydance bands in it too. Also, as they are nearly all guys, they need lady friends, so maybe you lovely people would like to be their lady friends? Comment on it please =D
LOVE YOU LIKE I LOVE BRENDON'S, AWESOMENESS.