Status: Active. (:

One of the Boys.

Pt. 24.

“Okay, class, together we will be discussing pregnancy and children, something all couples, no matter how prepared, are never quite prepared enough for. So, I want you to discuss with your partner when you want to have children and how many you want to have. Begin.”
I turned around in my seat to face Brendon behind me.
“Do you want kids?”
“Yeah.” he nodded. “I want quite a few.”
“Which is how many…?”
“Three?”
“Oh, okay. That’ll be painful.”
He laughed. “I’m sorry. But I love kids.”
“That’s fair enough, I can deal with three but that’s my maximum.”
He nodded. “And maybe the first one in our late twenties… I’d like to have twins, but obviously you can’t choose. So yeah.”
“That sounds good.”
“After we got married?”
“Definitely.” I nodded. “I don’t want kids until I’m married. Maybe we should wait until marriage to have sex.”
“Yeah, okay. That’ll make my mom happy.” he laughed quietly. “This is so weird, it’s like it’s actually going to happen, y’know? After spending several weeks on this it feels like we’re really going to get married and have kids and spend the rest of our lives together.”
“It does. It’s scaring me a little bit.”
He smiled. “I’m a scary man.”
“Scary boy.”
“A boy doesn’t have the same thoughts as I do. At least I hope not. Or there are some damn dirty ten year olds.”
I laughed and hit him lightly.
“Okay, now all the females follow me.” he nodded and lead us out of the classroom and towards a stock room. He pulled out a box which contained the fake babies.
Great.
“Everyone take a baby.”
I picked up one carefully and it immediately started crying. Fuck.
Keltie smirked, then picked up one, and it cried too.
“Thanks, Keltie, for stealing my boyfriend. I hope you have fun.” I said, no trace of emotion on my face.
“He said that he’d break up with you, but he didn’t, I’m sorry.”
“You’re not sorry. If you were sorry then you wouldn’t have done it in the first place. Stay away from me and we’ll be on good terms.” I nodded and walked back into the classroom before anyone else.
“Yo, Brendon, you’re a father!” I shouted across the room as I walked towards him. I threw the baby and the class laughed when Brendon dropped it.
“Is it a girl?” he asked.
“I don’t know, check.”
He un-did the buttons of the baby-gro and his eyes widened. “It’s a girl.” he confirmed, buttoning it back up. “That’s sad, isn’t it? The first vagina I see is the one on a little plastic baby.”
“Brendon.” I cringed.
“Sorry.” he laughed. “You know I’m painfully honest.”
“Yeah… but there’s a line.”
“Not in my world.”
I shook my head and put the baby in my lap. It was surprisingly realistic.
“For the next few weeks class, you’ll get very little sleep. These babies cry, need diaper changing and comforting as much as a real baby, if not more. If when the babies are returned, awful results are produced, you’ll have to re-do this part of the assignment in order to pass.”
We sighed.
The bell rang. “You are dismissed.”
We gathered up our belongings and walked out of class. Brendon held my hand as Ryan and Keltie walked past us with their ‘son’.
Harriet started walking over to us. “Bdon, tell her you’re bi.”
He sighed and nodded. “I’ll see you later, Em. I’ll take the baby for now.”
“Alright, thanks. And see ya.”
I went over to my locker and smiled when I saw another note, from the admirer from last year.
Sorry I haven’t written in a while. Maybe you don’t even read these notes and this is all irrelevant. I hope not.
Anyway, your new look is… whoa. You look amazing. You did before, but you look better now.
And don’t worry about that boyfriend of yours. If he cheated, then he obviously wasn’t worth it. You’ll find someone better soon enough, I’m sure of it.
Smile, kid. (: x


And I did, I did smile. Because it was adorable. Come on, if you’d found this in your locker you’d smile a little too. I folded it back up and put it in my bag, along with my copy of Pride and Prejudice for English Literature.
I closed my locker and gasped when I saw Henry, one of the football players standing there.
“Hey, Em.” he smiled.
“Hey, Henry is it?”
“Yup.” he nodded. “I, uh, heard about your boyfriend. I’m really sorry about that.”
I smiled. “Thanks, that’s very nice of you. But everything happens for a reason, right?”
He nodded. “True, that’s a good way of looking at it. Personally, I’d beat him to a pulp.”
I laughed quietly. “Yeah, Brendon said that too.”
“That Urie kid?”
I nodded.
“Cool. He’s the really musical one, right?”
“Yeah. Well I’ve gotta get to English Lit., I’ll see you around.” I smiled.
“Okay, awesome. See you around.” he smiled back and I walked to English.

Wow. That was nice of him. I’d never spoken to him before, but he seemed to be okay. AND he didn’t refer to Brendon as that Urie freak for once, which is always good in my books.
I sat down in English and Brendon was the only other person there. He was tapping his foot nervously and biting his lip. “Thank God you’re here.”
“What happened?” I asked.
“I… I told Harriet.”
“And what did she say?”
“She said she’d need to think it over. I think she’s gonna break up with me.”
“Isn’t that a good thing? You’re always talking about breaking up with her.”
“Yeah, but I don’t mean it!”
“Oh… oh. Then I’m sorry Brendon.”
He sighed and put his head in his hands. “The worst part was that a few freshman were behind me and heard the whole thing and started spreading it between their friends. It’ll be all over the school in a few hours.”
“So? What’s the worst that can happen?”
“Are you actually serious? Do you know how homophobic the football team are? I’m gonna be the new punch bag.”
“Not if I can help it.”
He smiled. “Yeah I guess you’re popular and they may listen to you. Who knows, it may not even reach any further than the few freshman.”
The classroom soon filled up and Miss. James walked in, sitting down on her desk, holding Pride and Prejudice.
She started talking about it and we quickly scribbled down notes. I tried to write down as much as possible, as we’d have to write an essay comparing Mr. Darcy’s and Mr. Collin’s proposals later.
A note was placed on my desk. I unfolded it so she wouldn’t see. It read:
Urie is a cock sucker. Pass it on.
Underneath that, Brendon had written something.
If that doesn’t mean people know, I don’t know what does.
♠ ♠ ♠
Poor Brendon. :(
Comments please?
I love you like I love Florence and The Machine's new album.
And I love that a lot.