Status: Active. (:

One of the Boys.

Pt. 27.

“Emma get up! Get up now!” screamed my mom, switching on all the lights. She threw me some clothes in a hurry.
“What? It’s 2am mom!”
“We’ve gotta go to the hospital!”
“Why, what’s happened?”
“You’re friend Brendon got hit by a car, that’s why he never came back to get his stuff. He’s in hospital right now.”
“Is he okay?”
“He’s in a coma.”
“No!” I screamed, gripping at my face. “No!”
“Pull on a hoodie and some converse then get in the car. I’m driving you.”
I nodded and did as she said, then ran into the car with her. I’d left a note on the fridge to tell the others where we were.
My mom drove as fast as our little car would take us and I gripped at my knees. “He’ll be okay, right?”
“Sure Em, he’s strong. He’ll be fine.”
I nodded and pulled my knees up to my chest, hiding my face. Brendon could die.
Only a few minutes later she parked and told me to run in, she would find me later. So I did just that, and ran up to the reception desk. “Brendon Urie?”
“Intensive Care ward, third floor, bed 142.”
“Thank you very much.” I nodded and ran up the stairs to the third floor, as there was a queue for the elevator. I followed the signs for the intensive care and soon found it.
Bed 139, 140, 141, 142!
Holy fucking shit.
I saw his mother sat there, crying her eyes out. She saw me and pulled me into a tight hug, sobbing hysterically. “Thank goodness you came.”
“He’s my best friend, of course I’m going to come.”
She let go of me and wiped her eyes. I moved closer to Brendon, although you could barely tell it was him. His face was covered in burns, as was his arms and torso. There was a big gash across his chest and there were black, blue and yellow bruises everywhere. There was barely any skin left untouched by pain.
I cried. The second time I’d cried in my life was right now. And I didn’t just cry, I fucking sobbed.
I sat in the chair by his bed and picked up his limp hand, holding it in my own. I kissed it lightly and a few tears fell onto his blue skin. Tubes were coming out of his body and a machine on the other side of him was going beep, beep, beep.
My mom found me and gasped. “That’s Brendon?”
I nodded slowly.
My mom sat down next to Brendon’s and hugged her, as Brendon’s mom started crying again. “I’m so sorry for your son, Helen.”
“Me too.” she sniffed.
“How did this happen to you, huh?” I whispered against his hand. “You’re bear, a big, strong bear. This shouldn’t happen to you. These kind of things are meant to happen to bad people. You’re not bad in any way, you’re perfect.” I cried again, my eyes stinging. “I’m so sorry. But you’ll pull through, right? Yeah, you will. You’re so strong and you can do anything you set your mind to because you’re so damn talented. Shit, you see what you do? You made me cry.” I laughed quietly to myself. “If I had my way, I wouldn’t have cried when I found out about Ryan. I should’ve left the tears to you, you deserve them. You better pull through, I think I may kill myself if you don’t. No, scratch that, I will kill myself. But don’t feel bad if you don’t. When we’re in the after life I can see you, so it’ll be fine.”
His fingers moved a little, so I squeezed his hand, kissing it once. I looked up and saw a tear fall down his face.
He could hear me. He knew what I was saying. He wasn’t completely unconscious.
I smiled widely. “You can hear me, can’t you? Oh thank God! Look, Mrs. Urie, he can hear me! He’s crying so he must be able to hear us!”
She stood up and walked to his other side, holding his right hand. “Oh, honey, you’re crying.” she smiled, wiping her own tears. “You’re making us all cry here. I think Emma’s the worst, though.” she laughed quietly. “But you can hear us. You’re okay. You’ll be okay Brendon, you will. I love you son.”
“I love you too, Bdon. And your mom is right, I’m crying like a baby.”
His hands twinged again.
I held his hand tightly until I fell asleep in the chair. Not once did I let go of that hand. It was too special just to drop, I needed Brendon in my life. I could just about cope if anyone else died, but not Brendon. Not him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry for hurting Brendon! But it needed to be done. I'm a terrible person, I know, I know.
P.S. If I don't update as frequently as I do normally, it's because of my art piece for an exam. It's barely done, so needs lots of TLC.

Comments, please? (: <3