Status: Active. (:

One of the Boys.

Pt. 3.

I was tucked up in bed, surrounded by shitty food and my laptop. This is what girls do when they’re in a mood, right? Comfort food, right?
Ugh. This wasn’t working. I hated eating crap. I know it’s strange, but I’ve never really liked donuts, pizza… yes, I have hot pockets for breakfast, but that’s only because I’m lazy. If I’d got up earlier then I would’ve had a yogurt and some fruit.
I put all the food in the bin besides the apple.
I got back into bed and looked at the time: 11:34 pm. Ryan would still be awake.
I logged onto messenger and saw that he was online, as well as Jake, someone who goes to the skate park sometimes. There were a few other people, not any one I would really talk to.
Ryan started the conversation as I heard the ‘ba-beep’ of a new message. I clicked on the window and smiled.
‘You got your cam? You know how slow I am at typing.’
‘XD Yeah, sure.’
I clicked the video chat button and his and my faces flashed up on screen. His room was dimly lit.
He smiled at me.
“So what’s up?”
“Nothing much, tried vegging out, but I can’t gorge on ludicrous amounts of crappy food. I don’t see how people do it; so I have settled with an apple. You?”
He chuckled. “I’m doing nothing, except not sleeping. I was talking to Brendon earlier but he logged off a few minutes ago.”
“Is he okay now?”
He pretended to gasp. “Emma, are you showing… concern?”
I frowned at him. “Shut up douche, I’m worried about him.”
“I know, I know.” he smiled. “Yeah he’s okay after talking it all through.”
“What’s all this shit that you said he was going through?”
“Ahh, now, that something really is confidential. Not just you, but to everyone else too.”
“Oh, okay.” I nodded. “Are you okay?”
“Yeah I’m fine, thank you.” Ryan laughed quietly. “Don’t over do the concern.”
“I’m sorry I-”
“And stop apologizing.”
“I’m new to it okay? Don’t judge me.”
“Did I say I was judging you?”
“No, but it felt like it. I suppose I better get to sleep now, but can you help me with this being more obvious with my emotions thing?”
“Sure Emma, ‘course I can. Good night.”
“Night.”
I logged off and shut down my laptop, placing it next to me on the floor.
I turned off all the lights and quickly fell asleep.
My little sister came bounding into my room. “Ezmerelda get up!” she sang, a big smile plastered across her ten year old face.
“Okay, thanks.”
She shut the door behind her and I got up, doing all the normal rituals; washing; getting dressed etc.
I looked in the mirror and decided to give each of the guys a hug today, no matter how weird it felt, just to let them know that I did actually like them. Brent and Spencer didn’t go to the same school, but if I saw them, I would.
“Je vais-”
“Oui oui!” shouted my mom, already knowing what I was going to say. I went to grab my board, but it wasn’t there.
“Jemima! Where’s my board?”
My little sister skipped over to me. “Kat said that we should sell it…”
“You what?”
“Kat sold it, Ezzie.”
I breathed deeply, covered Jemima’s ears then shouted:
“YOU FUCKING BASTARD KAT! I’M GOING TO KILL YOU WHEN I GET HOME AND DON’T YOU THINK I’M JOKING!”
My mom stared at me. “Don’t you dare use that kind of language!”
“But she sold my board!”
“Only because I told her to.”
“But… but why mom?”
“You’ve got to stop being such a boy, so we had to take drastic measures.”
“My board is my life, how am I going to teach the little kids on Saturday?”
“You’re not going to is the answer.”
I screamed and ran out, still screaming and slammed the door. I shouted every expletive as loud as I possible could. When I looked up I saw Brendon, looking very startled.
“What just happened?”
“My family sold my board.”
His mouth dropped. “No way, you’re joking.”
I shook my head.
It wasn’t just any board, I’d worked day and night to afford this board, it was the top money could buy and was amazing for competitions.
I think I may cry.
“Brendon, can you give me a hug?”
“Sure Em, sure.” he nodded and we hugged each other tightly. He knew how much it meant to me and how much effort I’d put in to get this skate board. My family hated me, and this was an escapism from it all. It’d stopped me from killing myself on countless occasions, not that anyone else knew that.
I sighed heavily and let go of him. “That really sucks, I’m so sorry.”
“It’s not your fault…”
“Hey, I just bought this board second hand, you can have it if you want… it was really cheap so don’t worry about paying me back. Ryan’s got it… look, he’s coming now with it.”
I looked up and covered my mouth with my hands.
“Shut up.”
Brendon smirked and Ryan just chuckled to himself as he always does. He gave the board to me and I sighed with relief.
It was my board.
“You guys… you guys are fucking amazing.” I said, pulling them both into a hug. They laughed. “I love you guys, thank you so much.”
“It was Brendon’s idea.” said Ryan.
I kissed Brendon’s cheek and he blushed furiously. “You’ve no idea how much this board means to me… thank you so damn much.”
He coughed, trying to be all manly and hide his rosy cheeks. “No problem, I know you’d do the same.”
I smiled and let go of them.
That was affection, right? Come on, I told them I freaking loved them and even kissed Brendon’s cheek, I think that’s enough affection for today.
When Brendon wasn’t looking, Ryan winked at me, as if to say: “Well done.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Third one.
Comments on how to further this story please? I've got a rough idea but if you guys have any ideas that would be awesome.
Love love (:
And merry christmas in three and a half hours (:
x