Status: Active. (:

One of the Boys.

Pt. 37.

The four of us were approaching Brendon in his bed. Spencer was holding my hand as he was shaking a little, he was petrified of hospitals.
We got to bed 142 and I gasped, trying to stifle it as Brendon wouldn’t want to know how bad he looked.
He was bald.
Brendon opened his heavy eyelids and smiled at us, wearing no braces.
I sat down next to him and held his hand. “How you feeling Bdon?”
“Like I’m about to throw up through my head. I won’t, don’t worry.” he choked out and laughed a little.
“Your teeth…” said Spencer.
“Yeah.” he grinned. “Apparently the braces would mess with the surgery so they had to take them off. But my teeth are straight anyway, so I don’t have to have them put back on.”
“Cool.” nodded Brent.
“What’s he doing here?” whispered Brendon, looking at Ryan.
“He wanted to see you.”
“But I don’t want to see him.”
“Because…”
“Because he fucking put me here, that’s why!”
Ryan frowned. “What? How is this my fault?”
“You.” he growled. “You told Harriet that I was cheating on her with Emma, as some twisted payback, so I had to go over to hers and explain everything. On my way back I got hit. So if you’d never done that, maybe I’d still be with Harriet and maybe I wouldn’t be in fucking hospital! So get the fuck out!”
“Bren, I’m so-”
“No!” he screamed, and brought himself into a coughing fit. I patted his back and gave him some water.
“Ry, you better go.” nodded Brent.
Ryan hung his head low and walked away.
When I turned back to face Brendon, he was crying silently.
“Babe, what’s wrong?” I asked, holding his hands.
“Everything.” he sobbed into my shirt, hiding his face.
“Should we go…?” mouthed Spencer.
“If you wait in the lobby then I’ll come get you.”
They nodded and left.
“Ryan messed up everything.” he sobbed, gripping at my arm.
“Try not to cry, it’ll be awful for your head.”
He nodded and let go, wiping his eyes.
“He hurt you, he ruined my relationship, he nearly killed me, and now he has the NERVE to come here? When I look like an egg?”
I stifled a laugh, but Brendon laughed so I let it out. I grabbed his glasses and put them on him.
“Look, a smart egg.”
He smiled and re-hugged me. “You better be my friend for like, forever.”
“I’ll try my very best.” I smiled and let go of him, wiping away his last stray tears.
He sniffed and gained composure. “So, how was your party?”
“Good.” I nodded. “It wasn’t a costume party at all, they tell all first timers that apparently.”
“That’s mean.” he frowned.
“Mmm. But Henry called me beforehand and told me, so I didn’t go looking like a fool. When you’re out of here I need to take you to a party, I loved it.”
“Like they’d let me in.” he scoffed. “Nice one, Em.”
“If I have a party, then I’d invite you guys. I’d invite just about everyone in the year, like one big mash up.”
He smiled. “Alright. Did you drink?”
I nodded and he smiled again. “Feels good, doesn’t it?”
“Yep. A little weird but good. I didn’t go overboard, just a bit tipsy.”
“Did you… y’know?”
“Why is everyone so interested in my sexual life?” I asked, that bit too loudly.
“Because you’re the only one who has one.” he laughed and kissed my cheek.
I smirked. “Right, okay.”
“So…?”
“I’m not telling you! You're my best friend, it’s weird.”
“I bet if I were a girl you would tell me.”
“It would be more likely.”
“Then ignore my penis and dashing manly good looks, and confess all your girly shit.”
I laughed. “No.”
“Awh, fine.” he pouted.
“The pout doesn’t work when you’re an egg.”
He mocked horror and covered his mouth. “I’m offended!”
I smiled and kissed the top of his bald head. “I’ll see you later, Bdon.”
“I’ll see you.” he smiled and pulled me into a tight hug. “Thank you for visiting me this past month. I really appreciate it.”
“I know you do, that’s why I do it.”
I let go of him and waved, walking into the lobby to find Brent and Spencer.
They smiled at me. “He alright now?”
“Yep, it’s back to the old Brendon now. He appreciates you guys coming.”
“Oh, cool.” nodded Spencer.
We got the bus back to my place, then left in out separate ways after having a group hug.
I hope Brendon gets out soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short and for that I apologize.
I'm at my grand-parents house so it's hard to update.

And I have flu. I want to murder the person who gave it to me.

XD

Hope you are all well. Comments please! :D