Status: Active. (:

One of the Boys.

Pt. 42.

“Em.” I mumbled, yawning. “Emma get up.”
“Ugh, what’s the time?”
“A quarter to seven.”
“What? Why the hell do I have to get up, then?”
“School, you goon.”
Her eyes fluttered open. “Damn.”
I pushed my bangs out of the way and sat up. The sun was shining through the slits in her blind, bouncing off the walls. Emma stretched and sat up, rubbing her eyes. She looked at me and smiled. “Good morning, Bren. Gimme a hug.”
I laughed lightly and wrapped my arms around my slender best friend. “Good morning.”
She nuzzled her face into my neck and kissed it once. “I love you.”
“I love you too. Why are you all gushy this morning?”
“I guess I’m still really embarrassed from yesterday.”
I could tell she was blushing as her cheeks heated up against my neck.
“Don’t be, that’s all gone now.”
She gave me a quick squeeze then got out of bed, walking to her closet and opening the doors and choosing an outfit.
“You.” she said, pointing at me. “Shield your eyes.”
“But-”
“Or I’ll poke them out.”
“Fine.” I sighed sarcastically and got under the covers. After a few minutes I heard: “It’s safe!”
I came back out from the sheets and smiled at her. I got out of bed and looked through my bag for some fresh clothes and walked into her bathroom, changing quickly. I looked in the mirror and raised my eyebrows. I hadn’t really caught my reflection in a while, and I had a pretty big beard going on.
Okay, it wasn’t that big, but when you’re used to nothing it is.
“Emma!” I called out.
The door opened and her head peaked around the door. “Yes?”
“Do you have a razor I could borrow?”
“Somewhere, probably.” she nodded and walked into the bathroom, opening the cabinet and pulling out a razor. She passed it to me and I thanked her.
“This is gonna sound stupid, but what do I do?” I asked, scratching the back of my head.
She laughed lightly. “You need some shaving foam first. The family keep all the products in my bathroom, so my dad’s stuff is here. Run some hot water in the sink first.”
I nodded and did as she said, putting in the plug once the water was hot enough. I wet my face and she passed me the foam, which I squirted onto my face and rubbed it in.
“Then you just, shave, I guess.” she shrugged and walked back into her room.
I looked in the mirror and ‘just shaved’. It went okay for a first time, but cut my cheek once.
“Fuck.” I muttered, as the blood started pouring out.
“You cut yourself?” she called out.
“Yeah.”
Emma walked in and smirked when she saw my half-shaved face. “Man, you’ve made a meal out of that. Give it here.”
I passed the razor and put one hand under my chin, steadying it. She glided the razor across my skin rapidly and skillfully. After about 30 seconds she told me to wash my face, so I did, then looked in the mirror again.
Freshly shaven.
“Thanks Emma. You gotta teach me how to do that. And do you secretly have a beard?”
She laughed. “It’s not hard. And no, I don’t. I’m a girl, pretty much everything on my body gets shaved.”
“Man, must suck to be a girl.”
“Tell me about it.”
We walked downstairs and got some breakfast; me some toast and her some fruit and a yogurt. Her mom came down the stairs and smiled.
“Oh good, a clean face now.” she smiled at me.
“Yeah.” I laughed lightly and quickly finished my toast, putting the plate into the dishwasher and sitting back down. Emma slipped her arms around my waist from the side and squeezed me.
“Still embarrassed?” I asked.
“No, I just… I just like hugging you, is all.”
“Oh.” I smiled. “Right.”
She kissed my smooth cheek then let go, skipping up the stairs. I followed her and packed my bags, leaving them by her door. We packed what we would need for school, then walked back downstairs.
“Mom, we’re going!”
“Okay!”
We left the house, hand in hand, walking down the sidewalk.
“Are you sure you’re okay to walk? ‘Cos if you’re not strong enough then I can borrow Kat’s car again.”
“No, I’m fine.” I nodded and gave her hand a reassuring squeeze.
Just before we went through the school gates, she stopped abruptly.
“What is it, Em?”
She got a pot of something out of her bag, rubbed the product between her fingers then pushed her hand through my hair, messing around it with it a bit.
I raised an eyebrow and she laughed.
“You’ll thank me later.”
“If you say so…”
We walked into school and went our separate ways to our lockers. I un-did mine and a ton of notes fell out. I bent down to pick them up and sighed when I saw what they were about.
‘Fucking Cock Sucker.’
‘Get your gay ass the hell out of this school.’
Were among many of them. The first day I go back in a while and I get these; charming, simply charming.
The locker next to me clicked open and I immediately blushed. The person who has a locker next to me was Alex Fratelli.

The guy who made me realize I was bisexual.

He didn’t talk to that many people, he liked to keep himself to himself. He had the most amazing hair, it was perfectly disheveled and I just wanted to run my hand through it.
He shut his locker and smiled at me.
Maybe I melted just a little bit. Just a little bit.
“Hey Urie. You all better now? I heard you got hit by a car, that must’ve sucked.”
“Yeah it wasn’t exactly great.” I laughed nervously.
He bent down and picked up a note, unfolding it. “Go to hell, gay boy. Tasteful.” he said, ripping the note in two and giving it back to me. I quickly put it back into my locker.
“People are bitches at this school, don’t worry about it. Doesn’t help this school is majorly homophobic, either.”
“Heh.” I blushed, scratching the back of my head and looking down to try and hide my face.
“Well, I’ll see you around Urie.” he said, punching my arm lightly then walking away.

Is it crazy that I’ve always really liked him but that was the first we’d talked?
Ugh, I don’t know.
This is where Brent says: “You’re such a girl, Bdon!”

I stuffed all the notes away and got out my chemistry text books. I didn’t have chemistry with Emma (she did AP chemistry, smart ass) so I sat with myself.
I walked to class and sat down on my stool silently, opening my Palahniuk book as I waited for the teacher to come in.
Mrs. Marsh walked in and the class went silent. She put her bag down on the table and instructed us to be quiet, although we already were. Crazy woman.
“Alright, class, we’ll be doing an experiment with hydrocarbons. Turn to page 270 in your textbooks and follow the instructions. You must work in pairs, work with the person next to you.”
She scanned round the room. “Right, as you’re lonely, Urie work with Fratelli.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Prom will be in a few chapters.
And maybe, just maybe, some people may hook up.
But I'm not saying anything. ;)

What do you think will happen with Alex?
And is six comments too much? Please and thank you :D