Status: Active. (:

One of the Boys.

Pt. 56.

“OW!” I screamed as someone jumped on top of me, crushing me completely.
“Ezme, get up get up!” chimed Jemima, lying on top of both me and Brendon. “And you, Brendon! It’s Christmas, Santa has come!”
She climbed off of us and ran out of my room.
Brendon stirred and held my hand under the sheets, bringing it up to his lips and kissing it once. He opened his eyes and smiled. “Good morning, love.”
“Good morning Bren.”
“Merry Christmas!”
He pulled me into a tight hug, his warm, bare chest against my clothed one. I smiled into him and made a contented noise. He kissed my forehead, then slowly let go.
“We better go downstairs to be with the family.” I whispered.
He nodded and we slowly got out. I pulled on some knee length socks to keep my legs a little warmer, as I was only wearing some pajama shorts. I pulled my sleeves down, put my hair into a loose bun and a quick slick of mascara so I looked a little awake. Brendon made the bed whilst I was doing this.
“You gonna put a shirt on?” I asked.
He shook his head. “I’m really hot.”
“But my parents, especially my dad, will be a little weirded out.”
“My chest isn’t that disgusting.” he frowned and walked towards me. He put an arm around my waist and I put a hand on his chest.
“That’s not what I’m saying, you have a very lovely body, but I’m sure they’d appreciate it if you put on a hoodie or something.”
“Okay.” he nodded and let go of me, sliding the sleeves of his purple hoodie on to him. We walked downstairs and everyone looked tired but happy; how Christmas should always be. Brendon’s parents were sat on one of the sofas with their older daughter, Kyla, in their pajamas and robes, clutching a mug of hot tea each. My dad was on his own seat, in similar attire but with some coffee. Kat was sat on the floor with Jemima next to her, my mom on the other sofa with a space next to her. There was only room for one more person.
I sat on the floor to leave Brendon the space. He frowned at me as I sat down; I raised my eyebrows and he ushered me to sit on his lap. I declined because although I was super close to Brendon, my dad didn’t like me hanging around with all guys because it worried him, so he definitely wouldn’t want me sitting in Brendon’s lap.
“Brendon, do you want some coffee?” asked my dad. “I’m just about to get a new one, so it’d be no trouble.”
“Um, no thanks Mr. G, I haven’t taken my pills yet and caffeine wouldn’t help.” he smiled. “Do you have my pills, mom? I kinda forgot to pack them.”
Mrs. Urie chuckled and held up the orange, translucent container, shaking it slightly. She threw it to him and they landed in his lap. When my dad came back with his coffee he also had a glass of water for Brendon, who thanked him.
He gulped down his pills and water, then put the water carefully on the floor, giving the pills back to his mom. He tugged at my hand, insisting that I either sit in his lap or he sit on the floor instead of me, so I gave in and sat in his lap. My dad tried to burn holes into Brendon; I could feel his angry glare on us, even though he should have been looking at Jemima, who was opening her presents.
Her first one was a set of pink fairy lights, which she adored, considering she was a very girly ten year old.
Present opening went around the room, each of us opening one in sequence.
I picked up a box which was wrapped in blue paper and had a silver ribbon on it. I looked at the label and smiled as I read it.

To Em,
Merry Chrimbo, amigo! I hope you like what I got you. (insert evil, manic laugh here.)
From,
Brendon. Love you! :D


I unwrapped it carefully and pulled out the present on top, the Florence and The Machine album called Lungs. This hadn’t come out in the USA yet, so he must’ve got it shipped from the UK.
Under that there was a pretty little necklace, which had two gold birds on a long black chain. It was very dainty and I really liked it.
There was also a photo of us from a few months ago, of us on the field. I don’t remember this being taken, but I’m glad it was. It was just like the photo before hand, when he was on my back and we were only a few years old, but this time I was on his back and we’re both seventeen. Our smiles were just as genuine.
I laughed when I picked up the last present, a small packet of band-aids. He always got me a packet for Christmas ever since we learned how to skate, because we always hurt ourselves and I was the one who fixed us.
He smiled and rested his head on my shoulder. “Do you like them? Because last year you weren’t all girly so I didn’t really have to think about your present, but you are now so I had to think long and hard about what to get you.”
I smiled, gave his cheek a kiss and wrapped my arms around him. “Brendon, I love them. Thank you very much.”
He sighed with relief. “Okay, that’s good.”
“Besides, even if it was crap, I wouldn’t mind, you know that. But it isn’t, so I have nothing to not mind about.”
Brendon chuckled and let go of me. I sat back down in his lap and the present opening continued. My dad stared at the both of us, disgust in his eyes. I didn’t dare look at him in case we were on the same eye line.
It’s strange, my dad always used to be my favorite parent (I know I’m not meant to choose, but yeah.) because he tolerated my skating and allowed me to do my own thing, but now its flipped the other way. My mom allows me to go out on dates with Henry and cuddle up to Brendon in bed, but my dad hates it. I suppose he tolerated my boy-ish type acts because it meant that if I acted like a boy, I wouldn’t want to date a boy. Ever since my change he’s changed and hates me having a boyfriend and that 95% of my friends are boys.

It got to Brendon and he opted for the present that I’d given him. He unwrapped the first present, which was some good smelling cologne, that wasn’t too strong so wasn’t overwhelming.
The second was the most recent season of Family Guy, as he always seemed to be watching that show and quoted it frequently.
The third was a book called “TGGGTL.” He raised an eyebrow at me, then flicked it open and smirked when he saw what that stood for.
“The Gay Guy’s Guide To Life.”
His eyes suddenly widened and he slammed the book shut, putting it in the new school bag he had been given, hiding it from his parents. I’d forgotten they didn’t know.
“Em, it’s funny and all, but I can’t be having them knowing about me. I’m trying really hard to not let them know and it could have just come out like that.”
“I-I’m sorry Brendon, I didn’t think.”
He sighed and held me closer, nuzzling his face into my neck. “It’s okay.”
“They’re gonna have to find out sometime.”
“When I’ve left home, it’ll be safer then.”
My dad cleared his throat. “Ezme, can you get some more coffee for me please?”
“You’ve already had three cups of co-”
“Please?”
I sighed, making sure it wasn’t noticeable to everyone else, and pulled Brendon’s arms off of me. I walked over to my dad and took his empty mug, walking into the kitchen to top it up. I poured him some more from the fresh pot and went to go back into the main room, but Kyla walked in and smiled at me.
“Is it alright if I just have some milk?” the nineteen year old asked.
“Sure, go ahead.” I nodded. “And Merry Christmas.”
“Merry Christmas to you too.” she smiled. “So, you and my brother huh?”
I raised an eyebrow and she laughed. “How long have you been dating?”
“Wh-what? We’re not dating.” I stuttered.
“Really? Why are you blushing, then?”
Because I kissed him last night and now feel awful on Henry’s part.
I shrugged and took a sip of my dad’s coffee. “I don’t know. Besides, I have a boyfriend.”
“Are you that cuddly with your boyfriend?”
“Well, no, but he’s not my boyfriend, everyone is closer to their best friend than the person their dating, aren’t they?”
“In the first few weeks, yeah.” she nodded. “How long have you been with your boyfriend?”
“Just under four months.”
She smirked and finished her milk, putting the glass in the washing up bowl.
“You make my brother really happy, that’s all I’ll say on this matter.”
We walked back into the main room and the only people left in the room were the Uries, all my family had gone to get changed. I put the coffee on the side and sat back down in Brendon’s lap. He smiled and cuddled into me again.
Mr. Urie got up as my mom came in, now fully dressed. He walked upstairs to get dressed.
“Mmm.” sighed Brendon happily into my neck. “You took a while.”
“Yeah, just got talking to your sister.”
“Oh, cool.” he smiled and kissed my cheek. He started tickling me and I giggled, swatting him away. As I was squirming I ended up laying down on the couch, him sitting down on the side, tickling my stomach. I finally had a firm grasp of his hands and he stopped tickling me, his face hovering over mine.
I think we would’ve kissed if no one was watching.
He smiled and backed away, poking my cheek once. “You’re so cute when you’re being tickled.” he laughed lightly.
I frowned, but broke into a smile and sat up. Brendon’s mom and my mom were exchanging knowing glances.
“Brendon, is there something you forgot to tell me?” Mrs. Urie asked, smiling.
“Uh, no…?”
“About you and Emma?”
He looked at me and raised an eyebrow. I shrugged. “No, I don’t think so.”
“You’re dating, aren’t you?”
“Oh! N-no, we, we would never date.” he laughed nervously. “That would, th-that would just be weird, right Em?”
“Mmm.” I agreed, backing away from him slightly. “We, um, love each other as friends but that’s all it is and all it will ever be.”
Our moms smirked at each other again and continued looking mischievous.
“Uh, Bren I’m gonna get changed.”
“Oh, cool, I’ll come with you.”
“No, you stay here.” I motioned and ran upstairs quickly, shutting the bedroom door behind me.
This is a strange Christmas.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hah, they tried to correct TGGGTL to DIGITAL.

Uh, no. (:

Love love love. :D
Is ten comments okay? That's not many considering there's three chapters. Yes, I'm a whore like that, I'm sorry. But I want to see who you guys are and what you think.

<3 <3